ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Dec 3, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #3,481 of 4,736
They now sound kinda like Acoustune AET08 ( Cost $10 for 3 Medium Pairs) or Spin Fit 100 Plus ($19). This will be money you want to spend fellas. It's is money very well spent. Thank me later.
I agree with this comparison and the advice. Spinfit cp100+ for the win. They seem to have similar benefits with all of the IEMs I've used them on.

Dec 3, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #3,484 of 4,736
Can someone clarify replacement cable options? Ultimately just looking for a more minimal cable, and would prefer not to pay some $70 for the OG Monarch cable (quite frankly would want something more minimal than that).

Is this a fairly universal 2 pin connection? For instance, would something like this work: KBear 4 core ?

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #3,486 of 4,736
I really wish SpinFit would make some oval tips -- especially some oval double flanges. I really like their double flanges, but they make my ear itch something awful.

Dec 3, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #3,487 of 4,736
FWIW, these are ported, there's a hole on the bottom. In addition to the shallow fit probably lends to the somewhat expansive staging.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #3,488 of 4,736
Can someone clarify replacement cable options? Ultimately just looking for a more minimal cable, and would prefer not to pay some $70 for the OG Monarch cable (quite frankly would want something more minimal than that).

Is this a fairly universal 2 pin connection? For instance, would something like this work: KBear 4 core ?
On my OG monarch I use the Dunu duw02 which I like for its lightness and the connector.

Dec 4, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #3,490 of 4,736
Anybody have the Oracles and Monarch MkII's here? I adore my Oracles with a copper cable, and the MkII looks like it has many of the things I already know I love.

Just wish I could get a custom so it could double for playing live music.
I am very interested to know this as well... I currently have the Oracles and do love them but I am extremely tempted by the Monarch MKII which from the look of the graphs it does seem to have a bit more of a forward presentation for vocals which I would welcome :)

Dec 4, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #3,491 of 4,736
Anybody have the Oracles and Monarch MkII's here? I adore my Oracles with a copper cable, and the MkII looks like it has many of the things I already know I love.

Just wish I could get a custom so it could double for playing live music.
I have both. I still love the oracles. The tuning is my preferred tuning. The vocals is amazing, so much emotion and very organic, thicker, more forward. The percusion hits with authority (sometimes I feel like drums and cymbal strikes are too soft on the mkii), notes have really good weight/thickness and not as rounded/soft as mkii (perfect for my taste).

The MKii is a more laid back, very smooth sounding set. Excellent instrument timber, more coherent, technically superior. I love how it handles busy tracks where oracle struggles. I was underwhelmed initially (diminishing returns) but after a week with the mkii's I appreciate it more now. WORTH the upgrade imo.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #3,492 of 4,736
I have both. I still love the oracles. The tuning is my preferred tuning. The vocals is amazing, so much emotion and very organic, more forward. The percusion hits with authority, notes have really good weight and not as rounded/soft as mkii (perfect for my taste).

The MKii is a more laid back, smooth sounding set. Excellent instrument timber, more coherent, technically superior. I love how it handles busy tracks. I was underwhelmed initially (diminishing returns) but after a week with the mkii's I appreciate it more now. WORTH the upgrade imo.
I have both the Clairvoyance and Mk IIs, and I second these thoughts.

The Clairvoyances (similar to Oracles I believe) have a way of injecting energy and life into the music, better than MK IIs for pure enjoyment.

The MK IIs didn't wow me from a musical/emotional standpoint, but from a technical standpoint (the perceptual flatness is very impressive), they are fantastic. I found the MK IIs highly effective for audio analysis and synthesis, especially for detailed/complex sound effect creation.

Dec 4, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #3,494 of 4,736
Any advise on DAC amps to drive the mkii properly?
I may just suggest best portable bluetooth device for it - iFi Go Blu. Qudelix is meh, BTR5 is just ok, with the rest I didn't bother...
I would guess that MK2 has some good synergy with IFi house sound or just not forgiving to imperfectly done LDAC decoding, or DAC quality. I didn't have time yet to test it with Fiio Q5s TC yet, but I don't expect miracles there either.
I actually don't think it's about power, since MK2 also works effortlessly from $30 32mW USB C 3.5mm wire-dac.
The bass boost on iFi go is not monstrous but pushes MK2 bass to my levels of tolerance. Its impedance is rated <1 Ohm - not even best in class but apparently good enough.
BUT don't buy it for USB use without making sure it works with your phone/DAP since it seem to have some serious compatibility issues as a wired DAC. I failed to make it work with USB C of my Galaxy note 20U, but I don't care, - it's my best LDAC device and that's good enough for me.
BTW, Has anyone tried MK2 with Shanling UP5? That one should have 0.1 Ohm output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back