ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Nov 30, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #3,451 of 4,736
I appreciate all these impressions of the MKII, even vis-à-vis MKI. The more I read, the more I think MKII is the flavor I want as an alternative to my IE 900. I am after a set that is more or less "reference"'ish....neutral with bass boost. Sure seems like MKII hits that mark.

Nov 30, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #3,452 of 4,736
Has anyone who pre-ordered from headphones.com gotten shipping notice yet? I just looked, and it appears they sold out their first batch as it shows on the product page expected shipping not til end of December now. I placed my pre-order Nov. 24.

Nov 30, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #3,453 of 4,736
Has anyone who pre-ordered from headphones.com gotten shipping notice yet? I just looked, and it appears they sold out their first batch as it shows on the product page expected shipping not til end of December now. I placed my pre-order Nov. 24.
Last time I ordered from headphones.com, I got the shipment notification around 4:30 PM PST, if this helps

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #3,454 of 4,736
I think you are in the first batch- I emailed a couple of days ago and was told that they would have enough to fulfill all orders to date once they received the shipment that they were awaiting (and have now received)- I advise just to email them at info@headphones.com, they are very responsive.

Nov 30, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #3,455 of 4,736
OG Monarch, which I own can't be touched for HIp Hop with its insane sub-bass levels while keeping the other frequencies relatively reference-like. Paired with a warm DAP like the Sony ZX500 (which enhances the sub-bass and midbass even more) the bass levels are out of this world. I smile every time I listen to tracks like 2pac - So Many Tears. This is with the stock Medium Spin Fit 100 Plus ( Which I find to get the best sound out of OG Monarch). When I switch to the Cayin N3 Pro, the sound of the OG becomes MKII like, the sub-bass is toned down while the rest of the frequencies become very transparent with a wider soundstage on the super slow filter (Excellent for Jazz, Classical music, and other expressive music). This is why I personally don't need MKII Monarch because I can get the sound I want by switching DAPs.
So even plugging the MKII to the Sony ZX500, you don't reach what you'd call satisfactory bass levels?

What bothers me even more is the fit. I have big ears, but if I were to buy the MKII and that it would keep falling off my ears... (I don't live in America, so can't order from headphones.com)

Nov 30, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #3,456 of 4,736
So even plugging the MKII to the Sony ZX500, you don't reach what you'd call satisfactory bass levels?

What bothers me even more is the fit. I have big ears, but if I were to buy the MKII and that it would keep falling off my ears... (I don't live in America, so can't order from headphones.com)
I was there bro.
I have medium sized ears, Monarch OG is a little bit tight but I don't feel it after few minutes, very similar how CIEM fits.
While on MKII insertion is shallow and as soon as I move my head seal is broken. Unlucky I guess.

Nov 30, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #3,457 of 4,736
I think you are in the first batch- I emailed a couple of days ago and was told that they would have enough to fulfill all orders to date once they received the shipment that they were awaiting (and have now received)- I advise just to email them at info@headphones.com, they are very responsive.
Got the notice today mine has shipped. I too ordered on 11/24

Nov 30, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #3,459 of 4,736
I’m not very rich at all but want only one iem , I currently have the clairs which i bought used here for $600, the clairs fit me like a glove and are so tightly fitted that when i pull them out its like a suction cup very deep insert . My question is i seen mest OG go for around $750-850 on here , Do you think i Should sell my clairs and upgrade for a few hundred dollars to the mest OG and be very satisfied with a TOTL IEM for a long time and not think of upgrading ? I'm happy with the clairs but for a few hundred more the OG seem tempting .Just a year ago before the mkII these were hot cakes and TOTL and bragged about by reviewers and on top of peoples list and the price has now dropped dramatically. I bought the clairs thinking ill be satisfied but my curiosity is still running what the mest , u12T , VX , v14, sound like i think with the huge reductions of price of the Mest OG thats my chance.

What do you think ? Love to hear your opinion

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #3,460 of 4,736

You can order the Orginal Monarch from LINSOUL directly. They'll ship to you. Takes about 1.5 weeks to build it and then ship it. Shipping is pretty darn fast. MKII has great sub-bass but OG has insane sub-bass which is perfect for Hip-Hop, EDM, and the like. I also prefer the OG fit. It's like a custom IEM and blocks about 29dB of external sound which makes you hear only the music and those details you'd miss on something that doesn't seal and reject as much external noise

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #3,462 of 4,736
does anyone know if the stock "Spinfit" tips are real Spinfit? the "Spinfit" tips I got that came with the Oracle are just not good, regardless of IEM. it's too thin & squishy, unlike the CP145. I had never used CP100, old or new version, any version, so I can't tell. I want to purchase the actual CP100 if they're not the same thing. (because I think it looks stiffer/firmer in photos)

Dec 2, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #3,463 of 4,736
I just love the sound of these :ksc75smile:

Bn0OmvR - Imgur.jpg

Dec 2, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #3,464 of 4,736
Took delivery of mine about 45 minutes ago. Crazy busy today so no time to do more than inspect them, and try fitment with my favorite tips (Acoustune AET07). Fit seems fine. These are much more attractive-looking in person than in the vast majority of pics/videos I've seen. Cable seems nice enough.

I have it hooked up to my little burn-in rig; won't be able listen til tonight at the earliest.

Dec 2, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #3,465 of 4,736

Users who are viewing this thread

Back