ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Nov 29, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #3,436 of 4,731
Hmm. What happens w/ those Sonion drivers when they're under driven? I do mean the Apple dongle for the most minimal, pocketable setup. I do have a Quedelix 5k which pushes out like 8x the power balanced, and a Hidizs S8 for a great DAC section with about twice the power - so I'll have my bases somewhat covered to see how it performs at different power scales.
In theory, they are voltage devices so current shouldn't matter. Current needed for the bass drivers and overall efficiency (which could be the ESLs or elsewhere) should be the limiting factors. The electrets should represent no additional issues outside of capacitance. Not sure on this but it may be better if they were more efficient so you could use a resistor in line to lower the reactance to an amplifier.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #3,437 of 4,731
Looks like our Monarch MKII shipment is out for delivery today which means anyone who pre-ordered from Headphones.com should have tracking come through today or tomorrow (our warehouse is slammed from Black Friday over the weekend)! For anyone looking for a pair, looks like we'll have about 8-10 left over after pre-orders are filled!

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Nov 29, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #3,438 of 4,731
Nice!! It'd be great to see my Monarch MKII headed my way maybe even by end of this week, It'd be a pleasant order fulfillment palate-cleanser atfer the shipping fiasco I'm dealing with concerning my 2021 16" Macbook Pro order, hahahaha!

Nov 29, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #3,439 of 4,731
Looks like our Monarch MKII shipment is out for delivery today which means anyone who pre-ordered from Headphones.com should have tracking come through today or tomorrow (our warehouse is slammed from Black Friday over the weekend)! For anyone looking for a pair, looks like we'll have about 8-10 left over after pre-orders are filled!

Can you confirm whether or not you have stock for new orders as well? I put in an order w/ Linsoul 6 days ago, think it might just be better to cancel and order through you if so.

Nov 29, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #3,440 of 4,731
Can you confirm whether or not you have stock for new orders as well? I put in an order w/ Linsoul 6 days ago, think it might just be better to cancel and order through you if so.
Yers we have 8-10 units left from the shipment that arrived. Will be shipped on a first come, first serve basis.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Nov 29, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #3,441 of 4,731
Yers we have 8-10 units left from the shipment that arrived. Will be shipped on a first come, first serve basis.
Bummer, I could have bought one from you. I bought mine from Linsoul because both of you were on pre-order.

Nov 29, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #3,442 of 4,731
Hooray! This is good news!

Nov 29, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #3,443 of 4,731
In theory, they are voltage devices so current shouldn't matter. Current needed for the bass drivers and overall efficiency (which could be the ESLs or elsewhere) should be the limiting factors. The electrets should represent no additional issues outside of capacitance. Not sure on this but it may be better if they were more efficient so you could use a resistor in line to lower the reactance to an amplifier.
So do you think use of an impedance adapter should help SQ? - given 36 ohm impedance on the MK2 I’d have thought there will be no hiss whatever mid level or above amp is used, but I could imagine a clockwise tilt with a bit of bass boost at the cost of slight treble dampening. Maybe not needed given the tuning but some may want to try who are concerned about bass quantity?

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #3,444 of 4,731
So do you think use of an impedance adapter should help SQ? - given 36 ohm impedance on the MK2 I’d have thought there will be no hiss whatever mid level or above amp is used, but I could imagine a clockwise tilt with a bit of bass boost at the cost of slight treble dampening. Maybe not needed given the tuning but some may want to try who are concerned about bass quantity?
Impedance adapters are a scourge. They don't behave as described. You get the same effect as raising the output impedance of your amp regardless of how they bridge it.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #3,445 of 4,731
Swwet ill be out of town on criday . hope i get it before my trip.

Nov 30, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #3,447 of 4,731
I mainly listen to rap and I was wondering how does the monarch mkii fare with that kind of music?
(of course I like my bass to be there and strong but I do not enjoy it if it isoverpowering)
OG Monarch, which I own can't be touched for HIp Hop with its insane sub-bass levels while keeping the other frequencies relatively reference-like. Paired with a warm DAP like the Sony ZX500 (which enhances the sub-bass and midbass even more) the bass levels are out of this world. I smile every time I listen to tracks like 2pac - So Many Tears. This is with the stock Medium Spin Fit 100 Plus ( Which I find to get the best sound out of OG Monarch). When I switch to the Cayin N3 Pro, the sound of the OG becomes MKII like, the sub-bass is toned down while the rest of the frequencies become very transparent with a wider soundstage on the super slow filter (Excellent for Jazz, Classical music, and other expressive music). This is why I personally don't need MKII Monarch because I can get the sound I want by switching DAPs.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #3,448 of 4,731
Confirmed Linsoul said I could cancel my order and told them to go ahead and do that. Ordered w/ headphone.com this morning and it still said in stock, hope that's true.

Nov 30, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #3,449 of 4,731
OG Monarch, which I own can't be touched for HIp Hop with its insane sub-bass levels while keeping the other frequencies relatively reference-like. Paired with a warm DAP like the Sony ZX500 (which enhances the sub-bass and midbass even more) the bass levels are out of this world. I smile every time I listen to tracks like 2pac - So Many Tears. This is with the stock Medium Spin Fit 100 Plus ( Which I find to get the best sound out of OG Monarch). When I switch to the Cayin N3 Pro, the sound of the OG becomes MKII like, the sub-bass is toned down while the rest of the frequencies become very transparent with a wider soundstage on the super slow filter (Excellent for Jazz, Classical music, and other expressive music). This is why I personally don't need MKII Monarch because I can get the sound I want by switching DAPs.
Yup, exactly my thoughts. I don't listen to Rap but EDM and Synthwave are amazing with OG. I use Neutron PEQ for litlle more mid bass. And the best thing is all the other genres are not affected by that sub bass, everything sounds great. And that's (one of the reasons) why I sold my MKII

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #3,450 of 4,731
Has anyone compared the OG Monarch to EE Legend X? What you are explaining sounds similar to that one, though of course the price points are quite different. @twister6 described similar changes pairing the LX with Hiby R8. But perhaps the point is that the source is as important as the IEM in cases like this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back