ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
May 14, 2021 at 2:00 AM Post #2,251 of 4,723
May 14, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #2,253 of 4,723
Yes he definitely had Oracle lower before. The change does lineup better with what he said in the video though, so makes sense
Oracle was only 1 step lower initially, but he has Monarch FOUR steps down :5

May 14, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #2,255 of 4,723
Hello!
I am new to the forum. But here what i think about Monarch/Clair and Oracle/Excalibur choice. I think it all depends on what kind of music you are listening too. I mostly listen to electronic music, deep house and from time to time to some rock, but really very rarely. Also i like some instrumental music. I bought Monarch and i like them very much because of the bass. And it matches the music i listening too. By the way i'am using IKKO CTU01 cable with Monarchs. It is 127um high purity single crystal copper silver-plated core. I think it just sounds better with this cable. But after i was reading some posts on this forum i ordered Linsoul LSC08, but think results will be very close to the IKKO cable. I will see if there is any difference on Sunday. As far as i understand Oracle has less bass then Clairvoyance. As far as the bass goes i see that Excalibur has more bass then Oracle, so i think it is better set for my music. I think i will order both Oracle and Excalibur and will keep the one i like. By the way i do not see what is the big problem about price of the Clairvoyance. Since Oracle actually $540, it is only $160 difference. For me if Clairvoyance has considerably more bass then Oracle and everything else is on the same level i would pay that difference no problem. But it is me and i am not sure if it is the case because nobody can tell clearly what is real difference between Clairvoyance and Oracle. I hope to hear that info from somebody.

May 14, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #2,257 of 4,723
Well I just ordered the Excalibur now along with the Linsoul LSC08 cable along with some more ear tips. Looks like there is a 7 - 10 day ordering period now for the Excalibur/Oracle as well.

May 14, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #2,258 of 4,723
Hello!
I am new to the forum. But here what i think about Monarch/Clair and Oracle/Excalibur choice. I think it all depends on what kind of music you are listening too. I mostly listen to electronic music, deep house and from time to time to some rock, but really very rarely. Also i like some instrumental music. I bought Monarch and i like them very much because of the bass. And it matches the music i listening too. By the way i'am using IKKO CTU01 cable with Monarchs. It is 127um high purity single crystal copper silver-plated core. I think it just sounds better with this cable. But after i was reading some posts on this forum i ordered Linsoul LSC08, but think results will be very close to the IKKO cable. I will see if there is any difference on Sunday. As far as i understand Oracle has less bass then Clairvoyance. As far as the bass goes i see that Excalibur has more bass then Oracle, so i think it is better set for my music. I think i will order both Oracle and Excalibur and will keep the one i like. By the way i do not see what is the big problem about price of the Clairvoyance. Since Oracle actually $540, it is only $160 difference. For me if Clairvoyance has considerably more bass then Oracle and everything else is on the same level i would pay that difference no problem. But it is me and i am not sure if it is the case because nobody can tell clearly what is real difference between Clairvoyance and Oracle. I hope to hear that info from somebody.
Welcome! I have a feeling you will really like the combination of the Monarch and Excalibur. The first being reference-tuned, but with massive sub bass, and the second likely having a dynamic, fun signature. However, you very well could end up wanting to keep the Monarch, Excalibur, and Oracle! All 4 have similarities, but it seems that it’s primarily the Clairvoyance and Oracle which are perhaps too similar to justify keeping both.

May 14, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #2,259 of 4,723
Welcome! I have a feeling you will really like the combination of the Monarch and Excalibur. The first being reference-tuned, but with massive sub bass, and the second likely having a dynamic, fun signature. However, you very well could end up wanting to keep the Monarch, Excalibur, and Oracle! All 4 have similarities, but it seems that it’s primarily the Clairvoyance and Oracle which are perhaps too similar to justify keeping both.
Thank you for your opinion!

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 12:49 AM Post #2,260 of 4,723
Just got my Clairvoyance, and now I FINALLY own one of the original twins. First impressions, OOTB, it’s everything I had hoped for and maybe more. Perhaps my one IEM to rule them all? We’ll see. Talk about no regrets. Fits my nearly like a CIEM.

I'm glad you like it so much. One thing I'm wondering about is the venting on the Monarch, Clairvoyance, Oracle and Excalibur. Do they have the suction effect you can get with IEMs like the 3DT?

May 15, 2021 at 3:27 AM Post #2,262 of 4,723
I hope that the Oracle is able to be more of an all rounder and still handle electronic and heavier rock well. I listen to a wide range of genres but still enjoy a good amount of bass when listening to bands like Infected Mushroom. Then again, I could just EQ in a couple extra decibels.

May 15, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #2,263 of 4,723
I'm glad you like it so much. One thing I'm wondering about is the venting on the Monarch, Clairvoyance, Oracle and Excalibur. Do they have the suction effect you can get with IEMs like the 3DT?
The Clairvoyance seems well vented, as I don’t get any suction effect or a lot of driver flex, and I am using deep insertion.

May 15, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #2,264 of 4,723
I hope that the Oracle is able to be more of an all rounder and still handle electronic and heavier rock well. I listen to a wide range of genres but still enjoy a good amount of bass when listening to bands like Infected Mushroom. Then again, I could just EQ in a couple extra decibels.
I think the Oracle and Clairvoyance are probably the most versatile of the 4 IEMs, with regards to all genres of music. Maybe the Oracle a little more universal, since it seems a little more neutrally tuned.

May 15, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #2,265 of 4,723
Anyone got comparison between Monarch/Excaliber and CA Dorado 2020?
Also are the adapters for 2.5mm to 3.5mm good or is it better to have 2 cables one for balanced and one for standard?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back