ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
May 5, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #2,011 of 4,736
Me as well. Before this I didn't spend any more than £125 for an IEM. The legacy 3 I have was an unused one I got off Ebay for that price.

For me also :) looking forward to get them

Monarch works great with EDM/female vocals/full orchestral mainly focusing on strings and chamber👍 For rock Monarch lacks mid-bass, I, as a drummer, is not feeling Monarch is producing natural sound for percussion and bass guitars. For that Clairvoyance/Excalibur would suite better. Especially bass guitarist, cello players will be furious for monarch, as Monarch simply ingores the presense of baritone instruments so does male vocals lacks masculine tone. Monarch is specialized to make female vocals and upper-mid to treble range something special, the mid-bass is actually archenemy of those range.
Anyway it can be EQ’d with hardware/software. I EQ’d with thieaudio’s parent Linsoul’s LSC08 cable, it boosted a bit of mid-bass, with tremendous boost on already impactful sub-bass, and generated some extra open-air to 10k+ range. It’s very unique sigunature I prefer for listening to.

I ordered exact that, so with that cable, happy to read your findings. I was also already on the brink of ordering a hiby. But will first try this.

May 5, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #2,012 of 4,736
For me also :) looking forward to get them

I ordered exact that, so with that cable, happy to read your findings. I was also already on the brink of ordering a hiby. But will first try this.
Yea, I’d wait and see the cable first.
Monarch with LSC08, sub-bass will rock you to moon😂 without sacrificing the “EST” speciality silky air and treble. Impedance adapter to my ear simply shuts off 10k and above, it makes almost a “foam” eartip effect. If someone prefers foam eartips they may consider impedance adapter.

May 5, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #2,013 of 4,736
Here is the link:
Linsoul LSC08 6N OCC Single Crystal Copper HiFi Earphone Cable for AK100, AK120, AK240, DP-X1, DP-X1A, FIIO X5III, XDP-300R, KANN, BQEYZ Spring1 (2pin 0.78-2.5, Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083QB47P...abc_E8HPQ5YWCY06FY0N29BT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

monarch is 0.78mm, you can choose from 2.5mm balanced, 3.5mm Single-end(the ipad /ipod /any regular phone’s earphone jack), 4.5mm balanced.

I chose 2.5mm balanced, it works beautifully on Monarch. No signs of hiss/weird boosts.

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #2,014 of 4,736
Here is the link:
Linsoul LSC08 6N OCC Single Crystal Copper HiFi Earphone Cable for AK100, AK120, AK240, DP-X1, DP-X1A, FIIO X5III, XDP-300R, KANN, BQEYZ Spring1 (2pin 0.78-2.5, Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083QB47P...abc_E8HPQ5YWCY06FY0N29BT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

monarch is 0.78mm, you can choose from 2.5mm balanced, 3.5mm Single-end(the ipad /ipod /any regular phone’s earphone jack), 4.5mm balanced.

I chose 2.5mm balanced, it works beautifully on Monarch. No signs of hiss/weird boosts.
That does look like the softest cable I think i've ever seen :beyersmile: Thanks for the rec

May 5, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #2,015 of 4,736
Hi folks; are the new Excalibur/Oracle smaller, or the same exact size, as the Clairvoyance?
My ONLY gripe with the Clair is its size...

EDIT: going back through the thread, a couple people commented that the new IEMs are a little smaller. That's great news!

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #2,016 of 4,736
Yea, I’d wait and see the cable first.
Monarch with LSC08, sub-bass will rock you to moon😂 without sacrificing the “EST” speciality silky air and treble. Impedance adapter to my ear simply shuts off 10k and above, it makes almost a “foam” eartip effect. If someone prefers foam eartips they may consider impedance adapter.
I actually found the LSC08 cable to boost bass everywhere - not just the sub bass region. I also noticed that the bass “seems” a little less coherent than using the stock cable. Have you noticed this?

May 5, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #2,017 of 4,736
I actually found the LSC08 cable to boost bass everywhere - not just the sub bass region. I also noticed that the bass “seems” a little less coherent than using the stock cable. Have you noticed this?
That’s exactly I chose LSC08 for aforementioned lack of mid-bass tuning of the original, it fits good for female vocals/ EDM, some orchestral, but rock source need bass guitar and floor toms to be more present rather than palying at distant back stage. The coherence resonance could be very personal ear canal shape, bass region is very sensitive for internal reasonance, so maybe you are experiencing that.
I use FiiO M11Pro’s balanced with Monarch and the distortion level of Monarch’s bass is acceptable range, I wouldn’t call Monarch bass a tight one though, it is on boomy side. The perfect bass management DD I’m experiencing is Moondrop’s Aria 2021, and for BA, Softears RSV and qdc Anole VX handles bass coherence very nicely.

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #2,018 of 4,736
That’s exactly I chose LSC08 for aforementioned lack of mid-bass tuning of the original, it fits good for female vocals/ EDM, some orchestral, but rock source need bass guitar and floor toms to be more present rather than palying at distant back stage. The coherence resonance could be very personal ear canal shape, bass region is very sensitive for internal reasonance, so maybe you are experiencing that.
I use FiiO M11Pro’s balanced with Monarch and the distortion level of Monarch’s bass is acceptable range, I wouldn’t call Monarch bass a tight one though, it is on boomy side. The perfect bass management DD I’m experiencing is Moondrop’s Aria 2021, and for BA, Softears RSV and qdc Anole VX handles bass coherence very nicely.
Ah I see. I may need to try the LSC08 again. I was using different less powerful DAC’s when I first tried it out. That could be the reason why it sounded flabby and incoherent. I have the iFi micro iDSD Signature now so I’ll give that a shot. Thanks!

May 5, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #2,019 of 4,736
Here is the link:

I ordered the 4.4mm
To go alongside a fiio m11. Funny almost the same setup :)

May 5, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #2,020 of 4,736
How do you pair it wioth the DX228 and how does it sound?
I'm planning to buy the Monarch right now.
Don't know what you mean by how do I pair it. I plug it in :)

And I'm not using the stock Amp8, mine is the modded EX edition. I would look at another DAP honestly. DX2XX are slow and battery life is meh

May 5, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #2,021 of 4,736
So I went back and tried the LSC08 with the iDSD Signature. Uhhh hmmm... I shoulda tried this sooner! Lol. It puts very much needed “meat on the bones” for the bass guitar and makes Rock music waaaaay more enjoyable to listen to with the Monarchs! Before I used to just listen to the first 10 seconds of the track and skip to anything in my playlist that wasn’t rock music. But now I feel like I can enjoy all genres again. The source makes a huge difference too, because I remember the bass wasn't this well defined before with this cable. Night and day difference to my ears. Thanks!! =D

May 5, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #2,022 of 4,736
So I went back and tried the LSC08 with the iDSD Signature. Uhhh hmmm... I shoulda tried this sooner! Lol. It puts very much needed “meat on the bones” for the bass guitar and makes Rock music waaaaay more enjoyable to listen to with the Monarchs! Before I used to just listen to the first 10 seconds of the track and skip to anything in my playlist that wasn’t rock music. But now I feel like I can enjoy all genres again. The source makes a huge difference too, because I remember the bass wasn't this well defined before with this cable. Night and day difference to my ears. Thanks!! =D
Great to hear! Yes, if it fit right, it’s gonna kick your butt to the moon😂

I don’t think this is relevant but if any Monarch owners found the stock cable’s sound is too wild due to its L-shape signature, I happened to receive a request from someone to try LSC08 on UM MEST MKII, so I did, result was not too impressive. However I was thinking what’s gonna happen if I swap the MKII’s cable to Monarch? Result was something worth to mention. It made Monarch’s sound very very mild and mellow. Very flat from sub-bass to bass transition, and warmth suddenly kicks in. Mid vocal got some wet tone and treble got less sparkles, in a simpler word it made Monarch a bit darker, in a good way for someone prefers warm and mild tone.

I would not purchase MKII’s cable alone though, it’s PW audio’s some $560 cable. That alone is DUNU SA6 with super hyper high-end cable already. Musictek said they may sell the cable alone.

But if you ever come across in owning MkII, you may give it a try.
Or maybe considering entry level of PW audio’s cable as they are available from $149. Just a note it will make sound mellower and warmer.

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #2,023 of 4,736
Great to hear! Yes, if it fit right, it’s gonna kick your butt to the moon😂

I don’t think this is relevant but if any Monarch owners found the stock cable’s sound is too wild due to its L-shape signature, I happened to receive a request from someone to try LSC08 on UM MEST MKII, so I did, result was not too impressive. However I was thinking what’s gonna happen if I swap the MKII’s cable to Monarch? Result was something worth to mention. It made Monarch’s sound very very mild and mellow. Very flat from sub-bass to bass transition, and warmth suddenly kicks in. Mid vocal got some wet tone and treble got less sparkles, in a simpler word it made Monarch a bit darker, in a good way for someone prefers warm and mild tone.

I would not purchase MKII’s cable alone though, it’s PW audio’s some $560 cable. That alone is DUNU SA6 with super hyper high-end cable already. Musictek said they may sell the cable alone.

But if you ever come across in owning MkII, you may give it a try.
Or maybe considering entry level of PW audio’s cable as they are available from $149. Just a note it will make sound mellower and warmer.
Just out of curiosity, the order of IEMs in your signature is the order of your preference/sound quality? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back