ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Feb 18, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #1,351 of 4,751
What tips work best for you with the Monarch?
So far I tried Radius and Spinfit CP360, but switch back to Spinfit CP145.
edit: I now switch Spinfit CP145 (L) to Sednafit Kotori Kowai Edition (ML). Better presentation of Mids compared to CP145.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #1,352 of 4,751
Has anyone played around with DAC filters on the Monarchs? Which filter does it benefit from the most?
Linear phase slow
Linear phase fast
Min phase slow
Min phase fast
Apodizing fast
Brick wall
??

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #1,354 of 4,751
Posted my Monarchs on the BnS board if anyone wants to skip the wait times.
I would have been slightly interested in early January, but I am already in over 1 month wait time. Plus, you aren't exactly providing that much of a price incentive.

Feb 23, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #1,356 of 4,751
I just pulled the trigger on the Monarch, my first tribrid. Was briefly comparing the Volt, Monarch and Mest and Monarch seemed the most resolving, with the most natural mids for both male and female vocals. Piano also sounds awesome on the Monarch, while it's just meh on the other two. Can't wait for it to arrive within 2 months.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #1,357 of 4,751
I just sold a few IEMs since I have used the Monarch most of the time. Beautifully technical and dynamic sound! Really making me curious about the Clairvoyance now. Does anyone have both of the twins?

Feb 23, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #1,358 of 4,751
I just pulled the trigger on the Monarch, my first tribrid. Was briefly comparing the Volt, Monarch and Mest and Monarch seemed the most resolving, with the most natural mids for both male and female vocals. Piano also sounds awesome on the Monarch, while it's just meh on the other two. Can't wait for it to arrive within 2 months.

oh the Monarch will certainly blow you away and is definitely a keeper for me! But I am curious about your comparison with the Mest though. It seems to be somewhat of an all-rounder from what I have read. I feel like the next sensible upgrade for me must be something of a totally different sound signature or outperform the Monarch in one or more aspects. I am most curious about the UM Mest and 64Audio U12T at the moment.

Feb 23, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #1,359 of 4,751
I think end-fame for me with IEMs would be a combo of these 2 from reading..Monarch sub-bass focus with the raised mids and dash more warmth of Clair. from reading.
Crinnacle was suggesting that a 20 ohm impedance adapter on the Monarch may accomplish this. I ordered one when I ordered the Monarch so i would have it ready when the Monarch finally arrives. Once it get's 'close enough' on the FR response, I feel like much of the time you can make that final adjustment to get it right where you want it.

Feb 23, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #1,360 of 4,751
I just sold a few IEMs since I have used the Monarch most of the time. Beautifully technical and dynamic sound! Really making me curious about the Clairvoyance now. Does anyone have both of the twins?
I have the Clairs, I really enjoy them, but I am on your same boat: I would really love to try the Monarch.
In fact, now I feel that I should have gone for the Monarch, because I listen much more EDM (on very different flavours) than Rock music or similar.

I appreciate that they sound great with any kind of music. At the beginning I thought that they could be shouty, depending on the song. However nowadays I don't find any shoutiness. They are just detailed and clear, I think that I was not used to that level of detail. They certainly can be defined as exciting more than relaxed, but I don't see the shoutiness anymore... I got used to them.

Feb 23, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #1,361 of 4,751
But I am curious about your comparison with the Mest though.
There is something magical about the Mest sound, no doubt. It has a few weak spots though. Male vocals sing from a different distance than female, even though in the recording they sing together. Also piano has a weird decay on the Mest. These issues don’t exist on the Monarch from my short listen. I am sure I’ll find some Monarch flaws too after a while (Cohesiveness?). But from the first impression it’s a very balanced and detailed IEM. Potential upgrade for me is the U12t or Odin.

Feb 23, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #1,362 of 4,751
Headphones.com had Monarchs in stock today. I copped the last one. Can't believe my luck today.

Clairvoyance is also in stock if you want to skip the waiting time from Linsoul.

ce5c15ba2c759878110d24e7baa12e87.png

Feb 24, 2021 at 5:11 AM Post #1,365 of 4,751
I have the Clairs, I really enjoy them, but I am on your same boat: I would really love to try the Monarch.
In fact, now I feel that I should have gone for the Monarch, because I listen much more EDM (on very different flavours) than Rock music or similar.

I appreciate that they sound great with any kind of music. At the beginning I thought that they could be shouty, depending on the song. However nowadays I don't find any shoutiness. They are just detailed and clear, I think that I was not used to that level of detail. They certainly can be defined as exciting more than relaxed, but I don't see the shoutiness anymore... I got used to them.

Yes I thought the Monarch sounded shouty with my Ibasso DX160 on certain notes, but then realized the Ibasso is also a very transparent and neutral DAC. Monarch sounds fantastic with my Topping DX3 Pro (AK velvet DAC) and I also tried it on the Cayin N6ii. Overall, it's a very well-rounded IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back