ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jan 26, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #1,279 of 4,731
Of course, just comfort! They didn't go well with my ears. I just bought a 64nio and they work much better for me while basically retaining a similar sound signature.

Have the Monarch and the Nio a similar sound signature? The Nio seems to have much more mid bass than the Monarch (using the graphs).

Jan 26, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #1,281 of 4,731
Just an fyi, I will be listing a monarch soon if anyone is interested in not waiting until March/April =]
I wish you posted this last week or you owned a Clairvoyance. I placed an order.

Jan 29, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #1,282 of 4,731
Just dropped the Xelastec Ear Tips in favour for the CP100
The Xelastecs seems to absorb some of the already weaker mids on the Monarch, the CP100 seems not to do that.

Jan 30, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #1,283 of 4,731
20201109_105955.jpg

I tried this. I know, I know, it's an aberration for audiophiles, but I tried just for the sake of trying new things, and I am not disappointed at all, in fact I like it very much. I usually had a pair of Blon bl03 with those TRN Bluetooth things, and I like them too.

They fit much better in my ear with the Clairvoyance than with the Blon. I mean, the fit is just perfect with the TRN and Clair, not that good with the Blon.

I think that the Clairvoyance with the TRN sound just great. Volume is not an issue at all. There's no hiss. In general, I don't see big differences, walking around with them on the street, compared with using cable. But I listen Spotify, so maybe I have the bottleneck there. And maybe I should do more direct comparison, but I don't want to connect, disconnect, connect, disconnect...

In general, with the cable, after a little more of time using the Clairvoyance I don't find them as fatiguing as the first weeks, and I found them less intense. Not because the IEM changed, but I am sure that I got used to their sound, and I really like how well tuned they are.
Hi thanks for the info! When you mention you didn't hear a difference b/w TRN and cable, what did you plug the cable into? Directly to your phone or some DAC/AMP?

Jan 30, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #1,284 of 4,731
Hi thanks for the info! When you mention you didn't hear a difference b/w TRN and cable, what did you plug the cable into? Directly to your phone or some DAC/AMP?

I listen to the Clairvoyance 80% of the time plugged to an iBasso DC01 (it has a 2.5mm balanced output) that is plugged to my phone (Samsung Galaxy S10e). 10% of the time plugged to a topping Dx3pro (but I usually use this with bluetooth), and the rest of the time it's been used with the TRN, or plugged directly on the phone or the iPad.

95% of the time used with Spotify.

I have been using the TRN with the Blon Bl03, mainly for sport, and one of them have already died (they did not lasted very long, but I was kinda abusing them, with sweat and not taking care too much, one of them did not charge battery anymore,)
The BT20 pro are on their way to substitute them... Let's see how they perform. I will try them with the Clairs.

What I meant on my first post was that I can't sense any BIG difference, mainly because I used the Clairvoyance while walking on the street, not doing any critical listening, paying attention to details. To be fair, I was neither using the Clairs too much at home because I prefer the LCD2C there.

After posting my impressions here, one day, at home, I realized that one song, with a very heavy bass (I think that it was Fantasy from The XX) the TRN were just not capable to reproduce the bass with some weird issue that dissapears with the cable...

In any case, considering the price, I was surprised to find out how good the Clairs+ a cheap TRN dongle can sound. I consider that it is something worth trying to have high quality IEMS with the wireless freedom (something I really appreciate, I prefer to sacrifice a small amount of quality sound, and having my head without cables attached, which is really a pleasure while walking, hehe)

Jan 30, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #1,285 of 4,731
I listen to the Clairvoyance 80% of the time plugged to an iBasso DC01 (it has a 2.5mm balanced output) that is plugged to my phone (Samsung Galaxy S10e). 10% of the time plugged to a topping Dx3pro (but I usually use this with bluetooth), and the rest of the time it's been used with the TRN, or plugged directly on the phone or the iPad.

I have been using the TRN with the Blon Bl03, mainly for sport, and one of them have already died (they did not lasted very long, but I was kinda abusing them, with sweat and not taking care too much, one of them did not charge battery anymore,)
The BT20 pro are on their way to substitute them... Let's see how they perform. I will try them with the Clairs.

What I meant on my first post was that I can't sense any BIG difference, mainly because I used the Clairvoyance while walking on the street, not doing any critical listening, paying attention to details. To be fair, I was neither using the Clairs too much at home because I prefer the LCD2C there.

After posting my impressions here, one day, at home, I realized that one song, with a very heavy bass (I think that it was Fantasy from The XX) the TRN were just not capable to reproduce the bass with some weird issue that dissapears with the cable...

In any case, considering the price, I was surprised to find out how good the Clairs+ a cheap TRN dongle can sound. I consider that it is something worth trying to have high quality IEMS with the wireless freedom (something I really appreciate, I prefer to sacrifice a small amount of quality sound, and having my head without cables attached, which is really a pleasure while walking, hehe)
That's totally fair!
Have your tried looking into FIIO UTWS3? It has 24mW output for 32 ohms which I think is the highest amongst others and an EQ. Maybe that would take you a step closer haha :)

Jan 30, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #1,286 of 4,731

I have the TRN BT20S and it is great too

Jan 30, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #1,288 of 4,731
That's totally fair!
Have your tried looking into FIIO UTWS3? It has 24mW output for 32 ohms which I think is the highest amongst others and an EQ. Maybe that would take you a step closer haha :)

Well, I just ordered the BT20S PRO on Aliexpress, and I don't think they are as easy to return as Amazon...
In any case it was 44€, and the Fiio TWS are around 77€, so maybe too much for something that I will most probably use on a 20€ IEM (the Blon Bl03)

Thanks for the recommendation :)

Jan 30, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #1,289 of 4,731

Users who are viewing this thread

Back