ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Oct 11, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #661 of 4,751
Does anyone here know how what the profile of the Monarch and Clairvoyance are? I'm guessing given all the tech inside of them they're not very slim but I was hoping to find a great CIEM with which I can lay on my side and wear a helmet. After all I've read here, I'm lusting pretty hard after the Monarch.

They are pretty huge for a CIEM. I wouldn't recommend that buddy

Oct 11, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #662 of 4,751
Does anyone here know how what the profile of the Monarch and Clairvoyance are? I'm guessing given all the tech inside of them they're not very slim but I was hoping to find a great CIEM with which I can lay on my side and wear a helmet. After all I've read here, I'm lusting pretty hard after the Monarch.
You can read my simple review on page 42, maybe it can help :relaxed:

Oct 12, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #663 of 4,751
I got my Clairs last week and at first was a bit underwhelmed. I did spend some time trying to get a good seal and fit with various tips (including Azla Sedna Light and the provided Spinfits) and found very little difference in sound between the 4 or 5 I tried. I settled on some inexpensive silicones I got from Amazon as they have worked well with a lot of other IEMs I own. The fit is not very good for me either. They are just large enough to place outward pressure on my concha(?) when I get them flush in my ear. It has created some discomfort but I think my ear is stretching or I'm acclimating to them . The sound is growing on me more and more. I do like the sound of the ES drives. I find the treble to be very smooth and realistic to me. I'm starting to see why so many folks love them. I just hope the comfort issue improves further.

Oct 12, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #664 of 4,751
...but I think my ear is stretching or I'm acclimating to them...
I had fit issues with my Fearless S8F because those were my first IEM's. They sat outside of my concha and produced a lot of discomfort. It got better with smaller tips and now with the smallest Xelastec's they fit and seal perfect. I think if they are too big and put constant pressure on the inside of your ears the pain will only get worse and not better. Like small shoes during a hike. So, maybe you try the smallest tips you can find given that you still have a good seal. Like thin merino sock's. That's the reason I don't bought the "Twins". They look too big for my ears. And what I have read are the MEST not smaller or even bigger than Monarch and Clair. (Is this true?)

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #665 of 4,751
I had fit issues with my Fearless S8F because those were my first IEM's. They sat outside of my concha and produced a lot of discomfort. It got better with smaller tips and now with the smallest Xelastec's they fit and seal perfect. I think if they are too big and put constant pressure on the inside of your ears the pain will only get worse and not better. Like small shoes during a hike. So, maybe you try the smallest tips you can find given that you still have a good seal. Like thin merino sock's. That's the reason I don't bought the "Twins". They look too big for my ears. And what I have read are the MEST not smaller or even bigger than Monarch and Clair. (Is this true?)
You may be right. Smaller tips may be the way to go. I did try a couple smaller tips but the seal was inconsistent. I have read that the Xelastec's work well bus sometimes get out of sorts and have to be re-shaped. I guess I'll take a stab at those.

Oct 12, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #666 of 4,751
I have to moisten the Xelastec a tiny little bit at the top with the tip of my forefinger because they are so sticky. (with spit) And my Xelastecs don't get out of shape. What I do is to clean them under warm water with some soap regularly because earwax is pretty aggressive.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2020 at 3:02 AM Post #667 of 4,751
update with the monarch. Watching movies with it, I can feel the atmos effect. although the stage is not wide enough, but the effect is very good.
same with gaming, I can hear all the surrounding sound, especially from fps games like CS go, COD mw and apex.
The monarch even sounds good enough when I directly plug it on the ps4 controller. Sound is still loud but I think it reduces some of the clarity. However, positioning imaging still good.
Sometimes, I can feel it sounds a bit thin after I am using my hd 650. But after a while, I can feel the fullness back again :ksc75smile:
No fit issue so far. using the stock spinfit and L size, I can get perfect fit on my first try. No discomfort, even after 2 hours of gaming or movie session. I think my ears are large enough to fit its huge shell...

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #668 of 4,751
I finally got my clairvoyance yesterday. No shipping information,no nothing,it just showed up. So that was a nice suprise😊
Little bit short of time,so have not listen more than like an hour,but very early impressions are very nice indeed.
So far they sound exactly like i hoped. No sibilance att all and a midbass that stay out of the mids. And a subbass that digs low when called upon. As others has said,these sound very nice for metal music,which is about 80% of my listening.
Think i will be very pleased with this set!

Oct 13, 2020 at 3:45 AM Post #669 of 4,751
As others has said,these sound very nice for metal music,which is about 80% of my listening.

Check out the first minute of Metallica - Battery :ksc75smile: (listened to that Master of Puppets album properly for first time yesterday...)

Oct 13, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #671 of 4,751
Ok,been listening some more to the Clairvoyance.
I'm usually not the one who's sitting with a grin from ear to ear,but holy crap i like this set!
I have bought some really nice iems the last 6 month (Penon Orb,fiio FH3,Thieaudio L9 and Audiosense AQ7) But this set really hit the bulls eye for me regarding the tuning of it.
I've thrown most of my go to albums at it,and it delivers in a way i never heard before. Ok it is the most expensive one i own,but right now there's nothing i would change regarding how it present my Music.
This is of course still honeymoon phase and all,but so far i love what i hear!
Looking forward to many more hours of listening

Oct 13, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #672 of 4,751
Ok,been listening some more to the Clairvoyance.
I'm usually not the one who's sitting with a grin from ear to ear,but holy crap i like this set!
I have bought some really nice iems the last 6 month (Penon Orb,fiio FH3,Thieaudio L9 and Audiosense AQ7) But this set really hit the bulls eye for me regarding the tuning of it.
I've thrown most of my go to albums at it,and it delivers in a way i never heard before. Ok it is the most expensive one i own,but right now there's nothing i would change regarding how it present my Music.
This is of course still honeymoon phase and all,but so far i love what i hear!
Looking forward to many more hours of listening
How many hours do you have with them? Did you notice any changes to the sound with burn in?

Oct 13, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #674 of 4,751
I'm also curious about source/amp being used with both of these sets. Single-ended, or balanced? It'd be helpful if this info was provided along with subjective, generalized impressions.
The Clairvoyance needs a lot of juice actually, with the L5 on the m15 i'm on 60 ,with the Clair on 80 . Both running on balanced.

Oct 13, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #675 of 4,751
Mehran

About 28 hours burn in. I'm actually in the "between" camp regarding burn in. I have a Hard time believing iems needs several hundreds of hours burn in to sound as they suppose to. I'm more leaning towards "Brain burn in" as the main reason for any change in sound. I to have experienced iems changing in tonality after extended use,but that could easily just be placebo or me getting used to the tuning... But if theres like 1% chance of actual benefit of doing it,why not, it doesn't Cost me anything👍
To answer you're questions,no i have not heard any changes yet

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back