ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Nov 24, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #3,361 of 4,731
Hi all, first poster in this thread... I currently own the Oracle, Mest MKII and just the other day purchased a used Mest OG from a member here in immaculate condition.

Is there anyone that has any of these sets and received the Monarch MKII? I am very interested to know how the vocals on the Monarch MKII compares. Would they provide more forward vocals? I like forward vocals :)

Many Thanks

Nov 24, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #3,362 of 4,731
Thanks Taron. I too have “pulled the trigger” at Headphones.com on this. Looking forward to a review soon on the HEADPHONES show (Resolve? Precogvision? Chronic? Anyone?). We do so appreciate the fine work you all do there.
Awesome! Will keep you updated on DHL's progress to our warehouse. Fingers crossed on them arriving early but it's Holiday season so I have my doubts haha. I believe @Resolve is going to measure them and give some impressions and then send to @Precogvision for a full review. Last time Resolve hogged the Monarch for 3 months so I'm making sure I take them away before he slinks off to the dungeon studio with them.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Nov 24, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #3,363 of 4,731
Sold my MEST and bought OG Monarch 3 months ago. build quality is excellent vs the first builds. Monarch is a class above MEST 100%. Tested with Sony ZX500 and Cayin N3 Pro. MKII sounds tempting but I'm waiting for Divinity review to see which I'll add. For now, I just bought the MKII smart cable. Love the interchangeable adapters, that way I don't mess with swapping cables and possibly damage the 2 pin connector.
Agree on smart cables, picked up a DUNU Hulk at Linsoul for a sweet deal. It wasn’t the Blanche which was my preference but that one sold out WHILE I WAS in the process of TRYING TO BUY IT (get ‘em while they’re hot).

Nov 24, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #3,364 of 4,731
Hi all, first poster in this thread... I currently own the Oracle, Mest MKII and just the other day purchased a used Mest OG from a member here in immaculate condition.

Is there anyone that has any of these sets and received the Monarch MKII? I am very interested to know how the vocals on the Monarch MKII compares. Would they provide more forward vocals? I like forward vocals :)

Many Thanks
Yes Monarch Mk2 do have more pronounced vocals compared to the OG due to the couple of more dB around 150hz. Baritones are pleasure to listen, so as the female vocals, upper mids are clear and very forward. Tonality of the mk2 is just awesome. I just miss the sub bass of OG, I got used to it.

Nov 24, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #3,365 of 4,731
Awesome! Will keep you updated on DHL's progress to our warehouse. Fingers crossed on them arriving early but it's Holiday season so I have my doubts haha. I believe @Resolve is going to measure them and give some impressions and then send to @Precogvision for a full review. Last time Resolve hogged the Monarch for 3 months so I'm making sure I take them away before he slinks off to the dungeon studio with them.
Guess Monarch scratched him in a good way~ ^__^
Can’t wait see more impression on the Monarch MK2, hope these sells like pancakes :D

Nov 24, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #3,366 of 4,731
Yes Monarch Mk2 do have more pronounced vocals compared to the OG due to the couple of more dB around 150hz. Baritones are pleasure to listen, so as the female vocals, upper mids are clear and very forward. Tonality of the mk2 is just awesome. I just miss the sub bass of OG, I got used to it.
Many Thanks... more forward vocals is what I'm looking for in a new iem and the Monarch MKII is definitely on my short list :)

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #3,367 of 4,731
U12t vs mk2
My comparison fwiw

Build quality - equal, maybe slight edge to U12t since metal vs resin. - u12t

Fit- mk2 just a little large. Fit is ok though for my medium sized ears. -u12t

Bass- thicker in U12t, but details equal, slam superior on mk2 due to dd. due to ba timbre, my preference is mk2.

Mids- both extreme detail and awesome. I have no critique for either. Tie

Treble- also very similar but I think mk2 more fluid? U12t can be a bit shouty in the treble for me, whereas mk2 is flawless with no offense to my ear. Mk2

Soundstage- I feel about the same - both great spatial orientation stage presence. -tie

Imaging- Both have extreme details and clarity, I feel like I pick up more instrument separation within mk2- and the main reason I think is because of the bass being less thick. If you like thicker bass, then u12t is superior for you- and you barely lose any imaging or details, but to me mk2 has the edge here. Slightly more detailed. Mk2

Overall- I think mk 2 is superior. More time needed to continue my evaluation but as it stands, I prefer the monarch mk2. Will share more after I spend some more time with these two!
I appreciate this review. I purchased the ThieAudio Monarch Mk2 over the U12T because of the traits of the Tia driver 64 Audio uses which can make the treble sound soft, diffused, distant, and artificial. I also find that the U/A12t and U/18s are too warm and don’t suit certain genres and instruments and I never found it to be a very good generalist. For the $999 price, the Monarch Mk2 looks very promising and most $2000+ C/IEMS in my experience have been terrible. I hope it bucks the trend.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #3,368 of 4,731
I just punched in an order for Monarch mkii. I couldn't resist any longer. Very excited to hear this IEM.

Nov 24, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #3,369 of 4,731
I appreciate this review. I purchased the ThieAudio Monarch Mk2 over the U12T because of the traits of the Tia driver 64 Audio uses which can make the treble sound soft, diffused, distant, and artificial. I also find that the U/A12t and U/18s are too warm and don’t suit certain genres and instruments and I never found it to be a very good generalist. For the $999 price, the Monarch Mk2 looks very promising and most $2000+ C/IEMS in my experience have been terrible. I hope it bucks the trend.
Finally someone who makes sense, what's with this U12 obsession..

Nov 24, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #3,372 of 4,731
Finally someone who makes sense, what's with this U12 obsession..
The U/A18s are straight trash (link in signature) and I bought the ThieAudio Monarch Mk2 to replace them.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #3,374 of 4,731
Your enthusiasm for how much you dislike the 18s will never fail to make me laugh. 😂
At least he hates an IEM he actually owns. Many on headfi show pure hate for not only IEMs they don't own, but for IEMs they haven't heard either. That's weird.

Nov 24, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #3,375 of 4,731
At least he hates an IEM he actually owns. Many on headfi show pure hate for not only IEMs they don't own, but for IEMs they haven't heard either. That's weird.

For sure, I’ve spoken to him in PM before about the 18s because I used to have it in custom too (the worst blind buy I’ve done), so I can relate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back