ThieAudio Legacy Series IEMs
Jul 3, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #796 of 1,778
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but you guys are a great group to get some help from...
My wife has tiny ears and basically can't wear ANY of my iems, including L3. She loves music like me, and I've been searching for awhile for some buds for her. She's not an audiophile, but think she could appreciate good sound if it'd fit her ear (she loves good percussion, bass, and her father was a musician-drummer-which she was taught and always noticed drumming most in music). Seriously, her ears are TINY. The outer pinna and the canal. To the point that she had to have tubes in her ears as a young child. Any suggestions? I just recently saw the Final Audio E1000 (and 2/3000) and thought maybe something along that line might possibly go in her ears (with the smallest tips on them). Anyone have any experience with those or know of something else that small that might still sound decent?
Thanks guys for any help or direction!!

I have smallish ears and I cant stand wearing the Final E-series. The bores with tips on them just dont stay in my ear. The only IEM of that type that fits well is the Etymotic series of IEMs, but they are deeper fit. That said, you get used to it, and they are still, outstanding performers for their price. I still highly recommend them as very few IEMs sound as clean, detailed and capable as they do. Their only drawback of course is their style of fit, and perhaps if you are a basshead.

Otherwise, the Dunu series are quite small and fit nicely to me.

Jul 3, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #797 of 1,778
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but you guys are a great group to get some help from...
My wife has tiny ears and basically can't wear ANY of my iems, including L3. She loves music like me, and I've been searching for awhile for some buds for her. She's not an audiophile, but think she could appreciate good sound if it'd fit her ear (she loves good percussion, bass, and her father was a musician-drummer-which she was taught and always noticed drumming most in music). Seriously, her ears are TINY. The outer pinna and the canal. To the point that she had to have tubes in her ears as a young child. Any suggestions? I just recently saw the Final Audio E1000 (and 2/3000) and thought maybe something along that line might possibly go in her ears (with the smallest tips on them). Anyone have any experience with those or know of something else that small that might still sound decent?
I have smallish ears, too. The L3 barely fit.
That said, I own a pair of TRN V90’s that fit like a dream. I wish all my IEM’s fit like they do.

Jul 3, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #798 of 1,778
My wife has tiny ears and basically can't wear ANY of my iems, including L3.
The only IEM of that type that fits well is the Etymotic series of IEMs, but they are deeper fit. That said, you get used to it, and they are still, outstanding performers for their price.

Regarding the Etymotic IEMs, there are other options for ear tips if one doesn’t want deep insertion. I highly recommend the ER2XR for the natural timbre of the DDs, and the bass it can produce (not a lot, but there is legitimate sub bass). One can also have custom ear tips made by Sensaphonics. Here are some of the other ear tip options. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/etymotic-ear-tip-options.930440/

Jul 3, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #799 of 1,778

Would a custom fit maybe be a solution?
Linsoul also offers the L3 in a Custom Fit ( $199.00 USD )

Jul 3, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #801 of 1,778
Late to the L3 party, but here are my 3 cents. Received them a few hours ago (together with iBasso DX160 - took advantage of that great deal on Linsoul and with a gift card they basically cost next to nothing as the DAP was the main purchase here), have been listening to both the past few hours. Wow, they sound bold (L3s I mean) and good straight out of the box. Played around with switches, didn't look up what they mean and formed my own opinions. With 0,0 being my baseline, the 0,1 setting makes the biggest difference and brightens up the whole set considerably - probably my preferred signature simply because they are so bassy (and I have Blons 03 so not sure how much more bass I need, as much as I love it), so this setting is most balanced to me. Having said that, the bass whilst tamed also loses quite a bit of texture... I need to listen some more in case this changes over time. 1,0 is too bassy (least favourite) and 1,1, I don't know... pushes everything a little forward, not that different to 0,0 for me. Good idea having switches, can play around with signatures at no extra cost; the differences they make are a lot bigger than I expected. Fit is great and I like foams on them the most, which is a surprise. I've compared them against Mangirds and prefer the latter. Whilst L3 is bold and exciting, Mangird is smooth and laid back, whilst being better balanced overall to my ears - more 'mature' sounding was the word that came to my mind, if you can pardon the pretentiousness of it. Blons overtake L3's on timbre only.

I get all the hype now!

Jul 3, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #802 of 1,778
Late to the L3 party, but here are my 3 cents. Received them a few hours ago (together with iBasso DX160 - took advantage of that great deal on Linsoul and with a gift card they basically cost next to nothing as the DAP was the main purchase here), have been listening to both the past few hours. Wow, they sound bold (L3s I mean) and good straight out of the box. Played around with switches, didn't look up what they mean and formed my own opinions. With 0,0 being my baseline, the 0,1 setting makes the biggest difference and brightens up the whole set considerably - probably my preferred signature simply because they are so bassy (and I have Blons 03 so not sure how much more bass I need, as much as I love it), so this setting is most balanced to me. Having said that, the bass whilst tamed also loses quite a bit of texture... I need to listen some more in case this changes over time. 1,0 is too bassy (least favourite) and 1,1, I don't know... pushes everything a little forward, not that different to 0,0 for me. Good idea having switches, can play around with signatures at no extra cost; the differences they make are a lot bigger than I expected. Fit is great and I like foams on them the most, which is a surprise. I've compared them against Mangirds and prefer the latter. Whilst L3 is bold and exciting, Mangird is smooth and laid back, whilst being better balanced overall to my ears - more 'mature' sounding was the word that came to my mind, if you can pardon the pretentiousness of it. Blons overtake L3's on timbre only.

I get all the hype now!
Thanks for the initial impressions! Glad you like them. After you’ve had a chance to listen to them for a while, I would really appreciate a comparison with the Mangird Tea, particularly regarding technicalities and treble extension. I’m just very curious. TIA.

Jul 3, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #803 of 1,778
Thanks for the initial impressions! Glad you like them. After you’ve had a chance to listen to them for a while, I would really appreciate a comparison with the Mangird Tea, particularly regarding technicalities and treble extension. I’m just very curious. TIA.

You can count on it, I will run through my reference playlist side by side, volume matched and make some notes, which I will happily share :thumbsup:

Jul 4, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #808 of 1,778
Hi Guys,Can You recommend the Legacy3 for house and edm music or not ?
Certainly. I honestly can’t think of a genre that I wouldn’t recommend it for. I find it really well balanced sounding, and do like how EDM sounds with it.

Jul 4, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #810 of 1,778
I just ordered the YBF-ISS014 from Amazon. Did I make the right choice? If you had to choose between urbanfun and blon03, which would you choose?
@IEMusic
Unfortunately, I don’t have the UF yet. I ordered it directly from Linsoul with a gift card. Seeing as Amazon actually has it in stock right now, you’ll almost certainly get it before I do. I think you made the right choice, b/c if you don’t love it, it’s an easy return since it’s fulfilled by Amazon. The BL03 is $12 more on Amazon vs directly from Linsoul with free shipping. It’s impressive that there is no increase in price for the UF on Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back