There is a Scammer that we want to bust
May 13, 2006 at 12:49 AM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander
Having a "Coward Street" here in Sydney does not make everyone living or working there a coward, if you catch my meaning.
wink.gif
You seem to know some Indonesian languange too, seeing how you actually saw through that abbreviation of Gg..

Of course... I'm Indonesian.

May 13, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #18 of 29
I KNEW THIS GUY WAS A SCAMMER!! His Etymotic "For Sale" topic just seemed so suspecious...
did anyone lose out any money to this guy? I certainly hope not

May 13, 2006 at 2:21 AM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by EscaBoi
I KNEW THIS GUY WAS A SCAMMER!! His Etymotic "For Sale" topic just seemed so suspecious...
did anyone lose out any money to this guy? I certainly hope not

I knew there was something fishy about that guy, I didn't lose money, but now I feel really bad that dealt with him.

May 13, 2006 at 4:20 AM Post #20 of 29
Thanks for the heads up, Mike.

Please keep us updated everyone.

And for the scammer that is a member here, please post a link to his feedback thread. And DO leave feedback for those involved.

Best of luck in getting a satisfactory resolution.

-Ed

May 13, 2006 at 5:42 AM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesp
I knew there was something fishy about that guy, I didn't lose money, but now I feel really bad that dealt with him.

Same here, but I didnt lose any money. I felt the same way, I saved all my PM messages from him from when I purchased some Ety's from him. If the PM's can aid some how I can forward them, they include his shipping address and stuff (Wait some, it was already posted) .

When I received the package from him, he put the buyer as me. Can I possibly be in trouble? Should I call Etymotic?
confused.gif
mad.gif

May 13, 2006 at 6:05 AM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceconvoy
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/member.php?u=38213

I have his full name and address if that helps:

Ierly Hadiwinata
JL. Guru Mughni Gg Buntu 21
Kuningan 21 Residence #109
Jakarta, 12940
INDONESIA

I traded him some old pcdps for supposedly an ER-6i, so thankfully I didn't lose too much. I was suspicious at first, but he had a good amount of feedback from some reputable head-fiers. Oh well.

I got this from him...
confused.gif

Name : Hadiwinata Ierly
Address: Jl.Guru Mughni 52
City: Jakarta
Zip: 12910

May 13, 2006 at 6:07 AM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk
Same here, but I didnt lose any money. I felt the same way, I saved all my PM messages from him from when I purchased some Ety's from him. If the PM's can aid some how I can forward them, they include his shipping address and stuff (Wait some, it was already posted) .

When I received the package from him, he put the buyer as me. Can I possibly be in trouble? Should I call Etymotic?
confused.gif
mad.gif

We're in the same boat.
frown.gif

May 13, 2006 at 3:56 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
Watch out though. He uses UPS.
International UPS fees are the worst of the worst.

For the import fee alone, I think you'll have to sell the Ety's.

No because he would buy the cans direct from Etymotic and Ety would ship em to you. He put the buyer as the person who bought them from him though. (Well thats what he did to me)

May 15, 2006 at 3:55 PM Post #28 of 29
Count me as owned too. I traded my E3c to him for ER4P and I have received nothing. And now I haven't heard from him in days. He first told me that he would send the Etys then he said he was having a problem and wouldn't say why. I assumed by his feedback that he was ok. Then he asked if I wanted Super.fi5pro instead. And now I haven't heard from him.

May 16, 2006 at 6:45 PM Post #29 of 29
I was duped as well. And I checked with people on 1312ly's feedback before I bought. The response I got from other Headfi people who bought ETY's from him was all positive. They got their new ETY's(mainly ER 4p) directly from ETYMOTIC with no problem.

1312ly presented himself as an overseas reseller of ETYMOTIC. As such, he pointed to his ability to send new ETY's to users in the US shipped directly from the ETYMOTIC factory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back