There is a Scammer that we want to bust
May 12, 2006 at 10:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29
Hey all,

Mike here from Ultimate Ears. Look - a bad situation has come to our attention and we need to fix it. Shame on the perpetrators behind this scam.

To all our Super.fi Ultimate Ears users/consumers. It has come to our attention that our products along with others have been, and are being sold from an International source (Indonesia) that has been purchased with fraudulent credit cards. These shipments have been halted – therefore resulting in the consumer losing on their hard earned much wanted UE’s.

Please do not purchase from any person/s posing as authorized Retailers for Ultimate Ears.

Please post any information regarding: 1312ly or pipihpipih@gmail.com so that they will be exposed and no other person/s will have the misfortune to do business with them.

Respectfully,

Mike and the
Ultimate Ears Team

May 12, 2006 at 10:54 PM Post #2 of 29
Do you mind disclosing the scale of this problem? i.e. how many earphones, which models, etc...

Also, I think it would be helpful if you could indicate around when this occured and how long it has been going on for. Does the scammer already have the earphones? How many have been sold?

Does he have a Head-Fi account? What forms of payment does he accept? If it's Paypal, is there any way records could be checked?

Thanks.

May 12, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #3 of 29
Wow...I didn't even know UE had somebody here
eek.gif

Thanks for the heads-up, Mike!

May 12, 2006 at 11:09 PM Post #4 of 29
Never mind. I got the wrong person.

May 12, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #6 of 29
Other then looking for posers of authorized dealers, any other specifics we should look out for?

May 12, 2006 at 11:25 PM Post #7 of 29
Well, now I really doubt that I'll get the Ety's I sent back to him.

He usually accepts Western Union.

AHHH!!!
I just rejected a package from him and now it's going to go back to him!!
I should've just taken it!!!

May 12, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #8 of 29
whew, i was about to trade him my vaio pocket. good thing he didnt respond to my pm. i thought it was a bit strange that he had an enormous amount of etys' but figured he was an employee using a discount.

May 12, 2006 at 11:41 PM Post #9 of 29
Can someone link to the person's profile?

May 12, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #10 of 29
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/member.php?u=38213

I have his full name and address if that helps:

Ierly Hadiwinata
JL. Guru Mughni Gg Buntu 21
Kuningan 21 Residence #109
Jakarta, 12940
INDONESIA

I traded him some old pcdps for supposedly an ER-6i, so thankfully I didn't lose too much. I was suspicious at first, but he had a good amount of feedback from some reputable head-fiers. Oh well.

May 12, 2006 at 11:56 PM Post #11 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceconvoy
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/member.php?u=38213

I have his full name and address if that helps:

Ierly Hadiwinata
JL. Guru Mughni Gg Buntu 21
Kuningan 21 Residence #109
Jakarta, 12940
INDONESIA

I traded him some old pcdps for supposedly an ER-6i, so thankfully I didn't lose too much. I was suspicious at first, but he had a good amount of feedback from some reputable head-fiers. Oh well.

Is that his real address though? "Gg Buntu" in the Indonesian language means "Dead End".

May 13, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #13 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceconvoy
Well, that's were I shipped his package, FWIW.

Watch out though. He uses UPS.
International UPS fees are the worst of the worst.

For the import fee alone, I think you'll have to sell the Ety's.

May 13, 2006 at 12:48 AM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by n1cx
Is that his real address though? "Gg Buntu" in the Indonesian language means "Dead End".

Having a "Coward Street" here in Sydney does not make everyone living or working there a coward, if you catch my meaning.
wink.gif
You seem to know some Indonesian languange too, seeing how you actually saw through that abbreviation of Gg..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back