Theraputic Screaming...
Jul 25, 2002 at 6:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

davidcotton

X-CANs and HDAMs
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhh!

Whew thats better. Just spent a hot stuffy day at work being "forced" to listen a cr**y dance station called Fire fm (rob Cyrus might know of it) for 5 and a half nauseating hours.

All I could hear above the noise of 5 scanners going (big ones, not little flatbed ones btw!) was "duh, duh duh, dah, dah, "wawaaaaayaaahh" duh duh duh duh" (well at least thats what it sounded like to me.

Important note here. I am NOT having a pop at people who like dance. I am having a pop at the people who make me listen to dance when I have stated quite clearly that I CANNOT STAND THE GODDAM STUFF. For example. Madonna's Like a prayer has been remixed with a dance beat (wow thats originality for you right there ) how many times have I heard it this week? Lost count around 6-7 times, it has now got to the point where I emit a little scream every time I hear that start.

You might have guessed by now that I am a tad "pissed off" at this and just wanted to let some steam off.

We now return you to normal programming...

Cheers.

Jul 25, 2002 at 6:59 AM Post #3 of 6
I've found that in situations in which you are exposed to distasteful sound it's fun to make your own.

Perhaps you should enlighten your tormentors to the things we like to call headphones. ...

kerelybonto

Jul 25, 2002 at 7:05 AM Post #4 of 6
Just don't do it in the woods at night
biggrin.gif

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../screamer_dc_1

Jul 25, 2002 at 10:05 AM Post #6 of 6
I definitely feel your pain. When I was at AlliedSignal, radios were allowed on weekends. One A**hole, who worked right outside my office, always brought a HUGE boombox and played it as loud as it would go. Lots of distortion and how long can you stand GARTH BROOKS. Only option, I got radios banned. Still listened to music, at low volume, on computer speakers in the office. Luckily, no one knew who got the radio ban in.

Now I frequently go into shops with some cheap little POS radio blaring Rap as loud as its puny little 2 inch speaker will go. I just walk over and unplug them. Only had one real problem with that, in a concrete lab in Lauderdale. Guy was on the other side of a large building and "Don't you like my music?". I said "hell no and it's not music. If you want to listen to it, take the radio over where you are." Made a few not very veiled threats, so I went to his boss. He was sent out to collect concrete samples while I finished the calibration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back