Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 4, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #2,641 of 12,550
Quote:
Something I threw together. No, he's not supposed to be santa...

woah well done! We look like brothers, one good one evil

Feb 4, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #2,642 of 12,550
Quote:
Something I threw together. No, he's not supposed to be santa...

I'll have to explain all my impure thoughts about Beats and Bose to him someday, hopefully many years from now. 
biggrin.gif

Awesome avatar!

If I do take a stab at making a custom one, it'll have to be in a few days since I had the terrible misfortune of cracking my laptop's screen. I've got a new one on its way, which will be here on Wednesday. One good thing came out of it at least. I had a choice of glossy or matte, and I went with the latter. I'm tired of the overhead fluorescents on campus shining up the screen.

Also, I just realized what this avatar reminds me of:

Feb 4, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #2,643 of 12,550
Quote:
woah well done! We look like brothers, one good one evil

The good and evil side of Head-Fi
biggrin.gif

Quote:

I'll have to explain all my impure thoughts about Beats and Bose to him someday, hopefully many years from now. 
biggrin.gif

Awesome avatar!

If I do take a stab at making a custom one, it'll have to be in a few days since I had the terrible misfortune of cracking my laptop's screen. I've got a new one on its way, which will be here on Wednesday. One good thing came out of it at least. I had a choice of glossy or matte, and I went with the latter. I'm tired of the overhead fluorescents on campus shining up the screen.

Also, I just realized what this avatar reminds me of:

Don't worry, he'll forgive you.

Ouch, bad luck. Luckily I haven't done anything like that to my laptop yet *knocks on wood*

Feb 4, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #2,644 of 12,550
Feb 4, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #2,647 of 12,550
Another quick one I did. If someone wanted to use the first one I made feel free.

At least now we know why he's wearing tropical floral shirts all the time.

Did you draw that? Nice job! :xf_eek:

Feb 4, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #2,649 of 12,550
Feb 4, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #2,650 of 12,550
Quote:
Luckily, I had the presence of mind to read Head-Fi first, you know...get caught up on threads before fixin' my afternoon tea. Or I would have been cleaning my keyboard.
dt880smile.png

Time to key those spill proof keyboards. Atleast its not that bad, I have had beer out of my nose. 
Quote:
Another quick one I did. If someone wanted to use the first one I made feel free.

At least now we know why he's wearing tropical floral shirts all the time.

Very nice :p if I had to nitpick (and I know no1 else saw this) then I would say the light sources are from different directions.
But its good to have a shopper in the house, with me too busy and my pc busted, and Warren dying, and Doc Holliday MIA, so thanks!

Feb 5, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #2,652 of 12,550
Quote:
Quote:

Luckily, I had the presence of mind to read Head-Fi first, you know...get caught up on threads before fixin' my afternoon tea. Or I would have been cleaning my keyboard.
dt880smile.png

:) glad I don't drink anything while on here either

Oh, I don't mind having something wonderful to drink while I read. But earlier at the time I had just woken up - went to bed post sunrise - so, I read the LA Times and Head-Fi after emerging from the bath. And I couldn't stop laughing! That post was way unexpected...didn't quite know what the (edit) I was looking at!

Feb 5, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #2,653 of 12,550
Quote:
That's what I meant, but did you make the textures? Nonetheless, it's AMAZING!!!

Yup I added the oil painting filter, I tried to make it look like a postcard you could send to friends or family while on vacation. Certainly looks like Tyll is having a good time.

Quote:
 Very nice :p if I had to nitpick (and I know no1 else saw this) then I would say the light sources are from different directions.
But its good to have a shopper in the house, with me too busy and my pc busted, and Warren dying, and Doc Holliday MIA, so thanks!

No problem, I had been meaning to join in for a while now. Jude January would have been fun to do.

Wow you're right, the lighting is all wrong. I never would have noticed
tongue.gif

Feb 5, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #2,654 of 12,550
Quote:

No problem, I had been meaning to join in for a while now. Jude January would have been fun to do.

Wow you're right, the lighting is all wrong. I never would have noticed
tongue.gif

That's okay. Thomas Kinkade's paintings often have at least three different light sources and nobody seems to complain. He was supposed to be the Painter of Light, not Lights
tongue.gif

Feb 5, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #2,655 of 12,550
Hey TrollDragon, I got the cable in today... Thanks! :xf_eek:. It looks great, and does the job great as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back