thebit Opus#1S DAP impressions
Dec 29, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #901 of 945
we already have a battery for opus1, 1s and 2 on aliexpress, just search charm opus battery, but the downside are the wires (red and black), on the original, if im not mistaken, the two red wires should be on the right, and the blqck are on the left, and in the aliexpress its opposite, but all u need is to interchange the wires and its very easy as 123..

Dec 29, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #902 of 945
we already have a battery for opus1, 1s and 2 on aliexpress, just search charm opus battery, but the downside are the wires (red and black), on the original, if im not mistaken, the two red wires should be on the right, and the blqck are on the left, and in the aliexpress its opposite, but all u need is to interchange the wires and its very easy as 123..

What do you mean by "interchange" the wires? How would I go about doing that?

Dec 29, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #903 of 945
Screenshot_2019-12-30-12-14-20-053_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.png

that is an example, on opus1s battery theres 4 wires, 2 red and 2 black. all u need is to interchange them like on the picture, in relation to ur original battery

Dec 31, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #904 of 945
I've bouught this replacement battery few weeks ago. The wires were too short (they are enough long for Opus#1, but not for #1s), and I had to reverse the sequence (using wires and connector from the old battery). Battery is working fine so far.

Dec 31, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #905 of 945
u can use anything that is thin enough to pry the bottom, it would be much easier if the battery is already swelled

I can't seem to find anything close to being thin enough to wedge in between this glass backplate and the plastic border, everytime I try I just keep cracking the glass:weary:

Dec 31, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #907 of 945
This is plastic cover, not glass :wink: You should insert something sharp before Made IN KOREA to pry the cover (see arrow on photo)
OwWFcRl.jpg

Thanks for the photo. I was able to get it off after a while of tinkiering and frustration...

IMG_20191231_191431766.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #910 of 945
Can anyone find a part number on the screen?

You could ask TheBit directly, they should be qucikest to provide a reliable answer. Are you able to also connect it, if you found it?

I was wondering if I can use the Opus #1s to connect to my Schiit DAC via USB and if so, what are the settings needed.
thanks for your assistance!
Jonathan

It should be compatible, do you have an OTG cable? It should work by default, without many specific settings needed (?)

Jan 16, 2020 at 8:47 PM Post #911 of 945
"You could ask TheBit directly, they should be qucikest to provide a reliable answer."

Haha, very funny

Jan 16, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #912 of 945
It should be compatible, do you have an OTG cable? It should work by default, without many specific settings needed (?)[/QUOTE]

The DAC takes USB B, and I have a cable that's USB B to USB C to connect my laptop, so I'm assuming I could get a USB C female to USB micro adapter and as long as the player is configured to work this way then all should be well. I also have a Cayin N5 which does not support USB Audio, which means I can only connect it to my DAC using coax.

thanks.

Jan 21, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #914 of 945
Hello everyone, following suggestions earlier in this thread I managed to open my Opus 1s, pulled out battery and some other pieces and managed to get to the PCB level. There are both sockets (2.5mm and 3.5 mm), though without any markings. I would assume that they are more or less standard and could be selected by size. However, since they are soldered to PCB, in order to replace them I have to pull out PCB and turn it. Had anyone actually managed to to do this and replace one or two of those sockets? Many thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #915 of 945
Do opus still exist as a company? No flagship since opus 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back