thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Oct 15, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #4,126 of 4,190
There's a lot of love for the bit ..I love my dx160 but it still had a flaw (Bluetooth) ...

The oppy1 had no flaws (for me) and this has been rare , I have owned nearly every make or brand at some point .. cayin ,fiio and ibasso all have had flaws on most of my purchases ....the bit oppy1 was standout.

Oct 15, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #4,127 of 4,190
There's a lot of love for the bit ..I love my dx160 but it still had a flaw (Bluetooth) ...

The oppy1 had no flaws (for me) and this has been rare , I have owned nearly every make or brand at some point .. cayin ,fiio and ibasso all have had flaws on most of my purchases ....the bit oppy1 was standout.
Well, the more features an item has the higher the chances a flaw will pop up.

I use my DX160 on mango mode 90% of the time and its pretty much flawless. Maybe you can try it sometime for a no frills Opus 1 experience, and it also sounds better as a bonus.

Oct 15, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #4,128 of 4,190
Well, the more features an item has the higher the chances a flaw will pop up.
This is very true....but still no excuse for the awful Bluetooth on the dx160 or the appalling UI that was on the x7 that took over a year to get close to right, the opus1 had no issues really and even in the beginning they were excellent with firmware.
I love my 160 as you know but I will never overlook anything that has a flaw and the Bluetooth on the 160 is truly awful.... awesome sound though and my daily

Oct 15, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #4,129 of 4,190
This is very true....but still no excuse for the awful Bluetooth on the dx160 or the appalling UI that was on the x7 that took over a year to get close to right, the opus1 had no issues really and even in the beginning they were excellent with firmware.
I love my 160 as you know but I will never overlook anything that has a flaw and the Bluetooth on the 160 is truly awful.... awesome sound though and my daily
Yeah if you paid for a feature it'd better work.

I use BT DAC of the DX160 a fair amount and it works great. Sure there is some delay initially but it syncs up after you pause and play the video/song. I've tried BT to my Sony WF1000XM3 and it works flawlessly as well. The range is about half of what i get from my phone but thats still 3 metres which is fine.

Which version of the DX160 do you have again? The 2019 or 2020 version? A variety of issues were resolved/improved upon with the 2020 version including bluetooth

Oct 15, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #4,130 of 4,190
Yeah if you paid for a feature it'd better work.

I use BT DAC of the DX160 a fair amount and it works great. Sure there is some delay initially but it syncs up after you pause and play the video/song. I've tried BT to my Sony WF1000XM3 and it works flawlessly as well. The range is about half of what i get from my phone but thats still 3 metres which is fine.

Which version of the DX160 do you have again? The 2019 or 2020 version? A variety of issues were resolved/improved upon with the 2020 version including bluetooth
I have had both and Bluetooth was awful on both , I still have the 2020 version ...I also have reccomended it to a few and all have said there Bluetooth was awful, this again was 2019 and 2020 versions ....if it didn't sound so good for the price it would have gone back for sure ... but it does and I can wholeheartedly recommend on audio alone

Oct 15, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #4,131 of 4,190
I have had both and Bluetooth was awful on both , I still have the 2020 version ...I also have reccomended it to a few and all have said there Bluetooth was awful, this again was 2019 and 2020 versions ....if it didn't sound so good for the price it would have gone back for sure ... but it does and I can wholeheartedly recommend on audio alone
What kind of issues do you have with the Bluetooth? Poor pairing, frequent disconnections, choppy signal?

Jun 16, 2022 at 8:41 AM Post #4,134 of 4,190
Still one of my faves however I don’t and never have used my Opy 1 Bluetooth! Direct wired iem’s yield the best results with this player:wink:

Jun 16, 2022 at 8:49 AM Post #4,136 of 4,190
THX Maj, never even looked to see if the Opy 1 had it because I have other BT options I use:beerchug:

Jun 16, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #4,139 of 4,190
Still loving my Opus#1 over 4 years later.
Me too ! I have a few more options now but I'll never sell it. I'd buy another if I needed to, and one was available !

Me too. I am currently using the Opus as a transport for the Fostex amp in the photo. Luckily the 3.5 out doubles as an optical out...and of course the Opus will also output balanced to this setup. My other favorite daps are also in the photo.

This is the coffee table to the side of the recliner sofa where I can relax when using full size headphones. I am finally sometimes able to enjoy music again after havng lost my husband @HungryPanda to covid April 2020. We shared this hobby but the music has always been more important than the gear. I blame Headfi for the length of our lists. Straight out of a dap I much prefer some of the excellent earbuds that I have. ..particularly the diy ones my husband made for me. He was constantly buying new drivers to try.

20220616_161144.jpg

Jun 16, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #4,140 of 4,190
Me too. I am currently using the Opus as a transport for the Fostex amp in the photo. Luckily the 3.5 out doubles as an optical out...and of course the Opus will also output balanced to this setup. My other favorite daps are also in the photo.

This is the coffee table to the side of the recliner sofa where I can relax when using full size headphones. I am finally sometimes able to enjoy music again after havng lost my husband @HungryPanda to covid April 2020. We shared this hobby but the music has always been more important than the gear. I blame Headfi for the length of our lists. Straight out of a dap I much prefer some of the excellent earbuds that I have. ..particularly the diy ones my husband made for me. He was constantly buying new drivers to try.

20220616_161144.jpg
I know that table!. ..
Oppy1 as you know will always have fond memories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back