thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Feb 25, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #4,096 of 4,190
Also a early Opus #1 adopter that hasn't used his in years. My latest love is the E1DA PowerDAC V2. So my current interest are DAPs that do USB Audio Out up to 192kHz + 24-bit. (Want a dedicated USB source As I find teTher to my Note 8 to be a pita)

Would love live love to be able to take advantage of this thing's dual microsd cards (still great tobhave). Am I correct in assuming this player never got a firmware update to allow it to be a USB Audio Out source to an external DAC? (I used to use the optical out frequently in the past; but need USB now) But if I am wrong and it does, is it limited to 48kHz of Android? Hope to hear good news; just not holding my breath. :wink: thanx!

Mar 4, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #4,097 of 4,190
Used mine daily until recently, battery issues. Went out and battery showed 38%, 15 minutes later it shut down and was down to 2%. Since no one has heard from the bit I bought A&K &Anorma SR15. A bit pricey but amazing sound

Mar 4, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #4,098 of 4,190
So do opus still exist or have they stopped making daps?

Mar 5, 2020 at 2:23 AM Post #4,099 of 4,190
Used mine daily until recently, battery issues. Went out and battery showed 38%, 15 minutes later it shut down and was down to 2%. Since no one has heard from the bit I bought A&K &Anorma SR15. A bit pricey but amazing sound

Is the single end of SR15 as good as on the Opus? (i.e. still sounds good even when you compare it to the BAL, not some weird compressed stage slightly out of phase sound like it is on some BAL sources)

Mar 5, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #4,100 of 4,190
Is the single end of SR15 as good as on the Opus? (i.e. still sounds good even when you compare it to the BAL, not some weird compressed stage slightly out of phase sound like it is on some BAL sources)

It sounds fine single ended. I have been using mine for three years mostly single ended. What DAPs have you heard that sound weird like you just described?

Mar 6, 2020 at 2:45 AM Post #4,102 of 4,190
It sounds fine single ended. I have been using mine for three years mostly single ended. What DAPs have you heard that sound weird like you just described?

Number of DAC/Amps and Daps over the years. Plenue S, GOV2+ & inf, Hiby R3, smattering of other stuff I didn't spend as much time with... I would say the majority of combo SE/BAL sources I have had. Opus#1 is one of few exceptions so far.

Mar 6, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #4,103 of 4,190
The single ended and Balanced both sound really good. Given I'm about 60 hours into using it (and it was open box item, not used) I'd say they are both outstanding sounding DAPS
I was really disappointed when Opus went silent, I could have happily lived with my Opus warts and all.
The balanced output of the SR15 has definitely noticeable more output power but the overall sound is for now about the same.

Apr 19, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #4,107 of 4,190
Strange that they are selling product on Massdrop or "Drop" as it's called now.
Drop may sell new items at attractive prices to promote them (which is how I bought my Opus #1) -or- may sell items at end-of-life, sometimes rebranded as a Drop private labelled item, to breath some new life into them. Seems the latter here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back