thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Nov 6, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #4,081 of 4,190
i doubt opus is still on business, theyre dead imo. i have sent them several emails, and no response from them yet, and its been already 1 month.. im im plann to have my opus1s battery replaced. but im glad i found a seller from aliexpress selling opus1s compatible battery, it is slightly smaller than the original but it packs 5000mah.. and is working good..
And how were you able to open the player to change the battery? Could you share the link of the compatible battery?

Nov 7, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #4,083 of 4,190
i have something in mind regarding the battery problem, the battery on off charge is higher compared to the percentage when turned on, or the device automatically turns off upon reaching 25 or 30 percent battery life, could this be due to the battery ic? if so, can someone point out where that ic is located and where can i buy for replacement? thanks

Jan 18, 2020 at 2:28 AM Post #4,084 of 4,190
I have unearthed a mint Opus #1 yesterday and it seems to be running fine. However, it is still on FW 1.11.06 and I just can't get it to update!

I have tried different firmwares (2.00.09 and 2.00.10) but I always get the same error message: "failed to verify whole-file signature", "signature verification failed", "Installation aborted".

I have redownloaded the files multiple times from the official website. What is the issue here? I am using Android File Transfer for macOS.

Jan 18, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #4,086 of 4,190
I have unearthed a mint Opus #1 yesterday and it seems to be running fine. However, it is still on FW 1.11.06 and I just can't get it to update!

I have tried different firmwares (2.00.09 and 2.00.10) but I always get the same error message: "failed to verify whole-file signature", "signature verification failed", "Installation aborted".

I have redownloaded the files multiple times from the official website. What is the issue here? I am using Android File Transfer for macOS.

This first: 2.00
http://www.audio-opus.com/?pageid=2&page_id=15757&uid=178&mod=document

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #4,087 of 4,190
Thank you, @lithrai @J Kelley !
It worked. The Opus #1 feels a bit dated but it still works like a charm and it actually has a very good balanced out. Far better than the Fiios and AKs at the time.

Jan 18, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #4,089 of 4,190
I also use my Opus #1 a lot (mainly with Andromeda & Warbler Prelude) these days. Still amazed how good this dap performs compared to some other totl daps (LPG & AK380cu) that I have :ksc75smile:
What happened to thebit? Are they out of business now?

Jan 19, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #4,091 of 4,190
I also use my Opus #1 a lot (mainly with Andromeda & Warbler Prelude) these days. Still amazed how good this dap performs compared to some other totl daps (LPG & AK380cu) that I have :ksc75smile:
What happened to thebit? Are they out of business now?

They seem to have gone silent for quite some time now unfortunately. Also still using Opus #1 a fair amount... in the meantime I have even used SE100 and Plenue S, for my casual ears (not doing any head-to-head comparisons or anything, maybe I just found my level with budget/mid tier DAP) IMO the #1 isn't really lacking for anything sound-wise (aside from better noise shielding), and still one of few BAL devices I've tried where the SE was't obviously inferior.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #4,094 of 4,190
I sold my oppy1 a while back and in ways regret it, it was probably one of the best most stable daps I have owned period ....wish the bit would bring out more gear too.

I still use mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back