thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Apr 14, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #2,297 of 4,190
Ordered Opus #1 with leather case from Amazon just now for 439 USD, hope it goes well. I am planning to get X5 3rd originally but worried about its software bugs. I don't use streaming and other bells and whistles so Opus as a pure player is enough for me as long the SQ and battery life are there. My current rig are X5 1st gen, E12A and Tennmak Pro. I have LZ A4 but did'nt hear it yet to paired with the Opus. Exciting days to come.

Apr 14, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #2,298 of 4,190
Ordered Opus #1 with leather case from Amazon just now for 439 USD, hope it goes well. I am planning to get X5 3rd originally but worried about its software bugs. I don't use streaming and other bells and whistles so Opus as a pure player is enough for me as long the SQ and battery life are there. My current rig are X5 1st gen, E12A and Tennmak Pro. I have LZ A4 but did'nt hear it yet to paired with the Opus. Exciting days to come.

wait for the coming week because I'm getting some cables coming my way and I'll be writing up a little more. I believe some of the reviewers did have theirs paired with it (I believe Lurk650 did his review with this pairing). I can say that for the price they go for, they are solid. Perhaps you should be more excited than worried. congrats!

Apr 14, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #2,299 of 4,190
wait for the coming week because I'm getting some cables coming my way and I'll be writing up a little more. I believe some of the reviewers did have theirs paired with it (I believe Lurk650 did his review with this pairing). I can say that for the price they go for, they are solid. Perhaps you should be more excited than worried. congrats!

Thanks for the heads up. I am a lurker too with LZ A4 head-fi thread and see many are enjoying their A4 with the Opus so I know that it will not let me down 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #2,300 of 4,190

My previous rig was a X5 2nd gen, E12A and W50. At CanJam NYC I listened to the X5 3rd gen and was extremely disappointed. The sound wasn't that much different and the UI was horrible. When I listened to the Opus#1 is blew away the X5 3rd gen and the UI was easier to use and understand.  

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #2,301 of 4,190

I never actually did a review. I should do one though because I'm one of the few who enjoys the Blue Nozzle lol. You are correct though, I use my A4 with my #1 via a balanced cable from AE. My balanced cable from Venture Electronics should be here today or tomorrow so I'll see how that one compares. The balanced cable plus the latest fw update really makes the blue nozzles shine and easy to listen to

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #2,302 of 4,190
I never actually did a review. I should do one though because I'm one of the few who enjoys the Blue Nozzle lol. You are correct though, I use my A4 with my #1 via a balanced cable from AE. My balanced cable from Venture Electronics should be here today or tomorrow so I'll see how that one compares. The balanced cable plus the latest fw update really makes the blue nozzles shine and easy to listen to

I've tried the blue nozzle+ black back and yeah, not so tiring with this fw. I still overall enjoy the pink and black. maybe red if I wanted more bass.

Apr 15, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #2,304 of 4,190
Anyone suffering noise on the line out? I'm curious at how this function has been implemented in the Opus versus alternative devices that have a dedicated line out socket.

​I only use line out to feed my car stereo. haven't noticed any noise, but have noticed that Opus #1 improves the Bose sound system of my vehicle

Apr 15, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #2,305 of 4,190
Anyone suffering noise on the line out? I'm curious at how this function has been implemented in the Opus versus alternative devices that have a dedicated line out socket.

If that were the case, I would also expect ho to be noisey, which it is not.

Apr 15, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #2,306 of 4,190

no problem with noise on my end. what's your setup like? could be rf if it's close to your phone. let us know.

Apr 16, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #2,307 of 4,190

I pair my A4 with the Opus #1 and it's marvelous for me. The Opus hits just the right balance of sound for me, so glad I decided to get it.

However.. After updating to 2.00.5, my unit started to bug out somewhat. the screen is getting random touch signals somewhere so I have difficulty tapping out to the high level menu.
When the screen is on, sometime it can change the song buy randomly selecting another one.
I can sorta regain control temporarily by turning the screen off and on but the issue comes back. Have already reset it twice and left it off overnight.

Fortunately the issue only happens when the screen is on, I'm just really glad that the hardware controls work.

Among the 4 Opus #1 users in my group of friends, 3 of us have this issue, with different firmwares. Not sure if it's just the batch with a bad screen or something to do with the update process.

Mine still has warranty so I'll be sending it in for repair. Anyone else with such issues?

Apr 16, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #2,309 of 4,190
  ^ I don't have such issue. yes, better have your unit checked out while still under warranty

I hope you never get them 
redface.gif

Brought my unit to E1 for them to have a look and they reckon it's to do with a bad batch of screens.

Will send it in when I'm back from my trip. Then comes 3 weeks of non-Opusness..

Apr 16, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #2,310 of 4,190

I hope you never get them 
redface.gif

Brought my unit to E1 for them to have a look and they reckon it's to do with a bad batch of screens.

Will send it in when I'm back from my trip. Then comes 3 weeks of non-Opusness..

I was about to get mine from E1 back then too but got a better price with Jaben. Hope it gets fixed soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back