thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Apr 6, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #2,146 of 4,190

I have plugged my opus 1 into five different computers not including two macs and it does not show up anywhere. When I first got it I plugged it in and it showed up immediately. Tried all the offered remedies and still nothing. Nothing on device manager, search for or add device. Any suggestions? It is on MTP connect mode. Thank you

I have also problems with device detection on Windows 10. Try to change the connection mode into "charging only", or DAP mode, and then change it again. Try to connect and disconect the DAP from PC, try different USB ports, and try to make it show up after restarting the device.

Apr 6, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #2,148 of 4,190
I have plugged my opus 1 into five different computers not including two macs and it does not show up anywhere. When I first got it I plugged it in and it showed up immediately. Tried all the offered remedies and still nothing. Nothing on device manager, search for or add device. Any suggestions? It is on MTP connect mode. Thank you

trial and error. with a bit of hope, you can get past this What/scared hairless hump, and simply follow the web guide. I also had to do the hard boot reset. I wished they had a physical pinhole reset button. The 2.0 firmware is a superb reward for your trouble. good luck.

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #2,149 of 4,190

I have also problems with device detection on Windows 10. Try to change the connection mode into "charging only", or DAP mode, and then change it again. Try to connect and disconect the DAP from PC, try different USB ports, and try to make it show up after restarting the device.

I don't have any ideas how to fix this so I won't suggest anything.  I do know this is a common problem with Windows 10 specifically and Android based daps. I don't know who is at fault for this.   I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and have not had this problem on either of my Windows 10 computers, however with daps this seems to be a pretty common issue.  I have been following several dap threads lately.  The ones I see this problem with are Onkyo DPX1/A Opus 1, and Fiio X5 3. 

Good Luck

Riley

Apr 6, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #2,150 of 4,190
http://www.audio-opus.com/?pageid=2&page_id=15759&uid=300&mod=document

^^^ Try That^^^

Quote:

Apr 6, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #2,151 of 4,190
I've found that my connection to my Win 7 professional system is very cable dependent. If I use short generic usb to usb-mini cable I can charge
but not see the Opus in File explorer. If I use the supplied cable from Audio-Opus I can see it in file explorer.

Apr 6, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #2,152 of 4,190

I've have limited success via plugging the Opus in and then turning it off and on while connected to the PC. I used this more to try to get the DAC to work but it should reboot the drivers for other other USB related things too.

Apr 7, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #2,157 of 4,190
We got a new firmware for our devices, my dudes!

Opus#1 Firmware Update version 2.00.05

Firmware Version : 2.00.05 (17031601)
Content:
1. Expanded the number of EQs to five.
2. Added volume wheel lock function.
3. Supports volume button repeat operation in screen off state.
4. Added custom Album-Art display function.
- Folder: Internal StoragePicturesAlbums
- Up to 10 images(png, jpg)
- Size must be less than 2048x2048
- A square shaped image is recommended.
- If it is not a square shape image, the image is scaled to the square.

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #2,158 of 4,190
  We got a new firmware for our devices, my dudes!

Opus#1 Firmware Update version 2.00.05

Firmware Version : 2.00.05 (17031601)
Content:
1. Expanded the number of EQs to five.
2. Added volume wheel lock function.
3. Supports volume button repeat operation in screen off state.
4. Added custom Album-Art display function.
- Folder: Internal StoragePicturesAlbums
- Up to 10 images(png, jpg)
- Size must be less than 2048x2048
- A square shaped image is recommended.
- If it is not a square shape image, the image is scaled to the square.

Woah! Thanks for the notice! Will update tonight, Hopefully they fix the volume sleep issue too.

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:16 AM Post #2,159 of 4,190

Woah! Thanks for the notice! Will update tonight, Hopefully they fix the volume sleep issue too.

Unfortunately, the play/pause function on sleep mode is still the same.  You can pause while the screen is locked, but after a few seconds, the play button won't work because the device has gone to sleep mode already.  I counted about 3 seconds after pause, the play still works, but after that, the device goes to sleep.

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #2,160 of 4,190
  Unfortunately, the play/pause function on sleep mode is still the same.  You can pause while the screen is locked, but after a few seconds, the play button won't work because the device has gone to sleep mode already.  I counted about 3 seconds after pause, the play still works, but after that, the device goes to sleep.

blink.gif
oh well, perhaps they don't see it as an issue at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back