thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Apr 20, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #316 of 4,190
Apr 20, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #318 of 4,190

That's a really detailed review. :thumbsup:

Managed to try the player over the weekend and am currently contemplating whether should I get it as a single player solution to replace my Mojo stack. Decisions...:thinking:

I didn't have a chance to listen to Mojo, but there was a comparison in other Opus#1 review http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-opus-opus-1/reviews/15723

In my opinion, if you are streaming from your phone or need usb dac - that is an easy decision in favor of Mojo.  But as standalone solution, based on my own personal preference - Opus#1 is very good.  As a matter of fact, it's the only DAP I'm using right now.  I still love LPG, but the convenience of touch screen operation and normal micro-usb charging, as well as being able to drive Micro iDSD - makes me favor Opus over Gold right now.

Apr 20, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #319 of 4,190
I didn't have a chance to listen to Mojo, but there was a comparison in other Opus#1 review http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-opus-opus-1/reviews/15723

In my opinion, if you are streaming from your phone or need usb dac - that is an easy decision in favor of Mojo.  But as standalone solution, based on my own personal preference - Opus#1 is very good.  As a matter of fact, it's the only DAP I'm using right now.  I still love LPG, but the convenience of touch screen operation and normal micro-usb charging, as well as being able to drive Micro iDSD - makes me favor Opus over Gold right now.

Nowadays I'm more inclined towards standalone solutions, feels like reducing the bulk of portable stacks while moving around, lol.

Read the review that you linked. I've managed to A/B the with my Mojo stack as well. I do agree with some impressions shared in that particular review but to me the Mojo still holds some slight advantage in terms of sound presentation and micro details.

Wondering whether should I go for sound quality or portability/convenience, lol. :thinking:

Apr 21, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #321 of 4,190
Nice review twister.  One question about library management though.  Does it see the (potential) three libraries as separate or is it merged into one?  Also would you describe the player as being "pocketable"?  I tend to do most of my listening at work where I have the player (atm a humble ipod touch 3rd gen!) in my pocket most of the time.

Thanks

Apr 21, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #322 of 4,190
  Nice review twister.  One question about library management though.  Does it see the (potential) three libraries as separate or is it merged into one?  Also would you describe the player as being "pocketable"?  I tend to do most of my listening at work where I have the player (atm a humble ipod touch 3rd gen!) in my pocket most of the time.

Thanks

If I may. There is one library for all sources. Yes, I think it's fairly pocketable, since it's really lightweight for decent dimensions. We're not talking about skinny jeans but regular jeans pocket or jacket.

Apr 21, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #323 of 4,190

Thanks

If I may. There is one library for all sources. Yes, I think it's fairly pocketable, since it's really lightweight for decent dimensions. We're not talking about skinny jeans but regular jeans pocket or jacket.

Definitely agree.  Of course depending on the jeans you are wearing :), but I do consider it to be pocketable.  Not as slim as AK120ii because it's narrower, and also the reason why I included side-by-side picture with other daps, but the footprint is small enough.  It is a bit on a wider side, but not a problem to manage in one hand.  With library, I need to double check since I ended up just using internal memory, but I believe it is shared and you can only see it separately in Folder view where you can select the source (don't have Opus#1 with me now, will double check when I get home).

Apr 23, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #327 of 4,190
  The screen turn me off it's tft. Prefer ips though sigh .

To be honest, even so it's TFT screen - it has a rather wide viewing angle, typical of IPS.  Plus, keep in mind, this is not a full Android OS where you can run apps, videos, games, YT, etc, so I don't see a point of a super-duper screen.  I also assume it helps with battery life. In case of Opus#1 you don't really need a high res IPS screen to drain the battery.

Apr 23, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #329 of 4,190
^.^ 
I think OPUS #1 should change something about user experience first :D 
- volume bar touchable so user can slide to adjust volume ^.^
- delete song directly 
- play with hard button without turn on the screen
- accept USB OTG
- lyric function ^.^
- EQ live changing
- then USB DAC function :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back