thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Apr 16, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #301 of 4,190
Planning to finish it over the weekend, so hopefully it will be up early next week.  This is the only DAP i'm using exclusively right now :)  Was jamming it with some DSD 256 tracks, flawless playback and touch swiping through a track without a single hiccup.

Btw, I noticed that Amazon listing has Leather case (Dignis) included.  That's definitely a bonus.

Looking forward to your full review.

Apr 16, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #304 of 4,190
I'm currently using my AK120 with the Mojo but on the look out for a DAP which can performs similarly without the bulk. Have anyone compared the Opus against the AK & Mojo stack? Can share some experience about it? 

Apr 16, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #305 of 4,190
I'm currently using my AK120 with the Mojo but on the look out for a DAP which can performs similarly without the bulk. Have anyone compared the Opus against the AK & Mojo stack? Can share some experience about it? 
As already mentioned a cheap smart phone is not only cheaper but lighter and smaller. Plus it can sound a lot better if you use one of the many music player apps.

Apr 16, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #307 of 4,190
A) it can't, just for charging
B) you can use cheap Android phone to feed mojo, no need to buy 600$ Dap

OK thanks I already have a lot of DAPs but best sounding to MoJo is coaxial from Esther for me currently.

Thanks for confirming Opus info regarding USB is just for charging

Apr 16, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #310 of 4,190

OK thanks I already have a lot of DAPs but best sounding to MoJo is coaxial from Esther for me currently.

Thanks for confirming Opus info regarding USB is just for charging

you can use optical to feed Mojo :D 

That would be my suggestion as well.  I like using Opus#1 to drive (optical mini-toslink) either Micro iDSD or iBasso D14.  I actually prefer optical over coax, sounds smoother to my ears.

Apr 16, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #311 of 4,190

That would be my suggestion as well.  I like using Opus#1 to drive (optical mini-toslink) either Micro iDSD or iBasso D14.  I actually prefer optical over coax, sounds smoother to my ears.

Coax from DX90 to Mojo not as good as RWAK100 optical to MoJo for me.

But Coax Esther to Mojo - is very different and much better than RWAK100 optical to MoJo for me.

Will try the Opus#1 optical to see how it sounds.

Apr 16, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #312 of 4,190
Opinions with those who have heard the Opus #1 and the Onkyo DPX1 what they think has better Sound quality overall I like analytical but with subtle warmth. This would be disregarding other options.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back