thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Mar 9, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #139 of 4,190
I went for testing the Opus #1 again today in a more quite environment. 
I was very impressed and I liked it very much. It beats the Questyle in terms
of SQ for money by far taking into account that Questyle costs nearly twice as much.

Cons are the bit cheap feeling housing and the not so great screen resolution.

Would be nice if dignis could make a case for the Opus...

The Opus #1 made a big step forward on my shortlist for new DAP.

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #140 of 4,190
  I went for testing the Opus #1 again today in a more quite environment. 
I was very impressed and I liked it very much. It beats the Questyle in terms
of SQ for money by far taking into account that Questyle costs nearly twice as much.

Cons are the bit cheap feeling housing and the not so great screen resolution.

Would be nice if dignis could make a case for the Opus...

The Opus #1 made a big step forward on my shortlist for new DAP.

What about SQ if budget is taken one side? QP1R still that little bit better? The opus sure does have good specs for the money. I mean even includes balanced...

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #141 of 4,190
I am not a big friend of calling SQ "better"  or "worse". All these DAPs (including the ones at much lower price) produce very good sound. It is just a matter of personal preference.

For me the QP1R hits exactly my sweet spot signature. However, the Opus #1 for me is only very very slightly away from it.
For me I feel the Opus #1 has a better layering while the QP1R is a bit more "musical".

Both are very close to what I like. But taking into account UI and price the Opus #1 is the better choice for me.

For me personally finally the QP1R is 2% better but nearly 100% more expensive! 

I better spend less for the DAP and more for new IEMs.

Mar 9, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #143 of 4,190
Thanks, that's actually the OEM case, right? I learned today from dignis that they made it for the Opus.
Given the usual quality of dignis I consider the ugly, flimsy stock case of substandard for dignis and
hope they would produce their own version in the usual quality.

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #144 of 4,190
Thanks, that's actually the OEM case, right? I learned today from dignis that they made it for the Opus.
Given the usual quality of dignis I consider the ugly, flimsy stock case of substandard for dignis and

I don't think the case is ugly and flimsy, but it isn't the most premium either. It's above average. I don't get why they left holes at the bottom though. I want a cover to protect the entire DAP, not most parts of it. 

Mar 9, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #147 of 4,190

I'm a designer, and I don't think it's a practical design.

On a side note, any one uses balanced out on the Opus#1? If you do, could you tell me how long does the DAP last on balanced. TIA!

Balanced FLC8's here. Didn't measure, but it's no different than SE. 8-10h.

Had couple of Dignis cases, and this one for Opus is a top quality imo.

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #148 of 4,190
Did your Opus #1 had the back glass protected with a screen protector when you first got it out of the box?

Also, I wish they went for a more attractive color than grey. The case is okay, but for me the color choice is not.

Mar 18, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #150 of 4,190
Anyone else got one of these yet?

I love mine, and use it as my daily player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back