The Zune is Dead, Long Live the Zune HD
Sep 3, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #2 of 187
The bricking of 2008 was for ONE day! It wasn't a huge disaster. Also, the zune HD will never surpass the ipod. Most casual listeners own one, and that's a fact. And most will never replace their ipods, so there really isn't any market space left for zune. It can be a great product, but it won't change things...

Sep 3, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #3 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by big_sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, the zune HD will never surpass the ipod.

Ehhh,yes it will!wait another 13 days and you will see what I mean.

Sep 3, 2009 at 11:14 AM Post #5 of 187
I want it.

Sep 4, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #6 of 187
The Zune:HD is the only current product that will (most likely) make a dent in the Touch sales. MS has finally done something right. I won't be buying 1 myself, but my son and his GF will be each getting 1. I showed him the player (online of course) and he's ecstatic about the coming release. His classic is hardly filled, so capacity is no big deal for him. But, he'd prefer 64gb as a precaution, as the Z:HD begs for video content.

Sep 4, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #7 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by Laokid18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zune HD = ME BUYING.

LOL

Let us know how it is!
regular_smile .gif

Sep 4, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #8 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by big_sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The bricking of 2008 was for ONE day! It wasn't a huge disaster. Also, the zune HD will never surpass the ipod. Most casual listeners own one, and that's a fact. And most will never replace their ipods, so there really isn't any market space left for zune. It can be a great product, but it won't change things...

A few people own more than one iPod, or even upgrade iPods even though they don't "need" to. With that in mind. There is room for another DAP in the marketplace. Don't get me wrong, unless it's going for a niche market or some angle, (price, name brand, design) it would really have to hold it's own against the Apple brand. I think (and want) that it could happen. Maybe not in a years time though. Eventually. The right product placement, angle, feature, could spark a move. Pop culture in general are fickle at best. I'm expecting a change eventually. I wonder if it will happen before the next big leap in DAP technology though.

Sep 4, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #11 of 187
Here comes the next Flavor Of The Month...

Sep 4, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #12 of 187
And here comes the next person to declare something FOTM. As much as I understand why people use that term, it doesn't make me like it any more. To even qualify as FOTM, something has to be completely gone on HF. People called Westone 3s FOTM, for example, but they are still being discussed (and purchased) almost a year later. Same with Phonak IEMs. And they are still selling/discussed. So enough with that label, because it adds nothing to the discussion, IMHO.

Sep 4, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #13 of 187
I dont like the current Zune. The HD looks quite interesting and may finally be able to compete with the iTouch although it is a moving target. It will be interesting to see what Apple comes out with next week.

Sep 4, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #14 of 187
If Microsoft had half a brain (no one of us is as dumb as all of us) they would make the interface "skinnable" and allow developers to design the user interface as an "open source" project. Think of the feedback and participation this would have.

I won't own or consider any player that doesn't play FLAC though.

Sep 4, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #15 of 187
I agree that something being able to play FLAC or other free/open source compressed lossless would be on the money, if possible ALAC if licensing would permit it. Something that would allow them to reach more consumers with more music collections. If it could play ALAC, or AAC, it could gain a lot more legit footing in competing with iPod. You wouldn't have to convert you music, would be a great selling point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back