The Zishan dsd's corner
Nov 23, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #106 of 3,711
Nov 24, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #108 of 3,711
Has anyone a Aliexpress or eBay link to the Zishan leather case?

My Zishan DSD has not yet arrived (should have ordered expedited delivery, not std. international) but it would be a nice add-on.

Nov 24, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #111 of 3,711
Zishan pairs up wonderfully with er4s, if someone is still wondering. 
The standalone dap is at least on par with my previous setup Mojo>Stepdance 

Great sounding dap, even though the operation sometimes can be a headache. 

Nov 25, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #112 of 3,711
  Zishan pairs up wonderfully with er4s, if someone is still wondering. 
The standalone dap is at least on par with my previous setup Mojo>Stepdance 

Great sounding dap, even though the operation sometimes can be a headache. 

Wow I knew it was good but not so good -never had the famous mojo though- but an AliExpress guy said he prefered the zishan's sound to the $1000 plenue1
confused_face_2.gif

Nov 25, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #113 of 3,711
i was surprised myself... Actually I didn't have high hope for it when I took my wallet out. thought Im gonna have a reasonably priced interface for mojo that also deliver music satisfaction as a simple portable solution when it's inconvenient to drag along the combination. I spent one evening comparing the two, now I just sent zishan back for upgrade and put mojo up for sale...

I woundn't say zishan is better. and there are definate differences. but zishan has better synergy with er4s, mk5 and presonus hd7. on the other hand, **** pt15 is the best sounding earphone I ever tried on my smartphone, and I prefer it even to er4s on the mojo>stepdance setup, but with zishan, pt15 sounds exactly like what one would expect for its price.

It is weird, and I realized I might have given up a lot of gears too soon in the past...

Nov 25, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #114 of 3,711
I ordered those **** 1 month ago still waiting. Will see...
The aliexpress guy said he would sell his plenue1 if the zishan had gapless playback..
Just curious wich upgrade did you choose?

Nov 25, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #115 of 3,711
psu+#5

it is not only lack of gapless, it has problem palying wav file and cannot read my 128g tf card properly(16g is ok). and only support 2 layer folder system.

but i use them 80% of the time as a dac, so those problems don't kill it for me. I hope when there are enough customers, they can finally afford to address them, or there will be 3rd party FWs. let's see.

Nov 25, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #116 of 3,711
mine has 128gb card and supports > 2layers -I don´t have it right now but I think it does-.
Yeap could be nice to have playlists or favorites at least as well as gapless. Still asking myself What is doing that megalithic Tetris there...

Nov 25, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #118 of 3,711
I'm going to buy an amp. Anyone can compare mini A1 to VE RAplus and Cayin C5?
I'm very interested in the mini A1 but don't know if I should spend more for the other two. Thank you!

Nov 25, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #119 of 3,711
  I'm going to buy an amp. Anyone can compare mini A1 to VE RAplus and Cayin C5?
I'm very interested in the mini A1 but don't know if I should spend more for the other two. Thank you!

I remembered huge soundstage when I had the cayin some time ago, the a1 is more detailed, they´re very different, you better think what kind of sound is your goal and then ask which would achieve that goal better

Nov 25, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #120 of 3,711
I remembered huge soundstage when I had the cayin some time ago, the a1 is more detailed, they´re very different, you better think what kind of sound is your goal and then ask which would achieve that goal better

I mainly listen to epic music, instrumental and vocals. I like the immersed soundstage and detailed. With deep but tight bass and sweet mid, crisp and extended high, the high can be a little smooth but should keep track of details. The cayin should be safer choice but if the mini A1, for less price can compete to cayin then it would save me some bucks for other things.
I would be glad to know your idea since you have experience with them :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back