1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Zishan dsd's corner

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by neog007, Nov 17, 2016.
Tags:
First

Back
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Next

Last
  1. AudioNewbi3
    On a side note, anyone here knows how does the Zhisan sort it's music?

It doesn't seem to follow what I set in windows (i.e. sort by name, ascending), instead when I plug in my memory card, it seems like the zhisan randomly sorts the folder

2. vapman
    Use this and see if its the order yours plays in.

http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort/?lang=en

3. AudioNewbi3
    Thanks for the tip mate!

But unfortunately, it cant sort NTFS format memory cards

4. vapman
    I'm not sure of any tools that would let you easily see the NTFS file structure. is it a microSD? why NTFS then O_o

5. AudioNewbi3
    Yes it is a micro sd. But anyways, after a brief chat with the maker of Zhisan he mentions that all files are sorted by date modified and there is no other sorting option....so yeah....time to get busy to find a way to sort them.

6. AudioNewbi3
    Holeee Sheet!!!!

The Zhisan DSD with its AK4490 just blows my Xduoo X3 clean off in terms of SQ.

Bloody hell, the dynamism, soundstage, detail retrieval........and every other thing......just WOW...I am speechless.

But I do have to agree with the others that the sound can get a bit fatiguing after a while (even for a detail and trble head like me)

Another intereresting fact, the LO on the Zhisan 560 is Volume Variable or you can set the volume. But after inquring Zhisan, he just told me to put the volume at max (31) during LO use. 

nick n likes this.
  7. vapman
    opamps are rollable (Socketed), yes?
    curious what stock opamp is is and just how much it influences the signal path.
    cause almost nothing reacts to opamp swap as strongly as walnut.

8. AudioNewbi3
    Yup, it is soceketed, but you are limited to a number of opamps due to heigh restriction caused by the double layered pcb boards

9. T.R.A.N.C.E.

Stock Zishan only the dac LPF opamp is rollable, so doesn't impact sound as much as the voltage gain (aka amp) opamp which is not rollable in stock Zishan (but the ghost audio mod apparently changes that to become socketed), so for full rolling potential you need the modded zishan. Walnut reacts strongly to rolling because of it's simple circuit and because the opamp we are changing is unbuffered voltage gain opamp, but it's still not technically a great test bed due to single rail power supply etc, it's not "reference", it just sounds good, modded zishan and even more so d200 would be  better test beds for opamps, or a good high power portable amp that is rollable would be an even better test bed.

10. vapman
    You said what i was hoping to convey except much more clearly than I did!
    BTW, modded walnut for socketed opamps available directly from ebay/ali/taobao sellers?

11. hakuzen

zishan 699 (4495seq) line out volume is fixed. 1.885 Vrms in "turbo" (high gain) mode, 0.138 Vrms at normal /low gain( mode. it changes a few mV along the wheel positions

12. AudioNewbi3
    In firmware version 0.4E, the turbo mode has been removed, according to the seller, for lack of a better translation from Chiense into English, the Turbo mode was somewhat a "gimmick".

Do you know how to measure output of the zhisan? does it require specialized equipment or will a multi meter do the trick?

13. Bellyworshipper
    Hello everyone. I've been following the thread for some time and the more I learn about Zishan DAP the more appealing it becomes:) I've given a listen to the xDuoo X10 recently and liked what I heard:). Since the X10 is built on the same (almost the same, as Zishan uses 4495 model and D200+ uses 4497 in its super duper edition) AKM 4490 DAC I expect somewhat similar sound on these two. Though the source upgrade is a far-off perspective for me I'm curious about some aspects. I beg my pardon for asking somewhat silly questions but you would oblige me by answering the following questions:
    1) Are Zishan DSD and Smart Player D200(+) produced by the same company/designed by the same group of engineers?
    2) Do these DAPs have different firmware and UI, features? Or do they have the same architecture of the digital domain (before the DAC) and thus the same firmware?
    3) Is this the top vesion among the Zishan DSD and D200 available now?
    4) Does D200+ support USB DAC feature?
    5) Can D200+ be charged via the USB and what in the world are the switches on its bottom surface?
    6) Has anyone (I imply Mr. TRANCE in the first place:) already tried D200+ with AKM 4497 DAC?
    Thank you for your answers and any info provided!

14. hakuzen

So "turbo" denomination (taken from a translator) is their way they refer to high gain.
    Turbo mode is very a important thing in zishan, because there is a big difference of power between the two modes; normal mode is very appropriated for low_impedance / sensitive iems, while turbo (high gain) is for higher_impedance / lower_sensitivity cans.

Once again (sorry), my measurements:
    Measures (0dBFS), using multimeter:
    Output impedance: phones out, 0.2Ω (@1KHz), 0.5Ω (@120Hz), 0.9Ω (@60Hz), due to output coupling caps; line out: 450Ω (@1KHz).
    Max. output (not clipping / "low" distortion):
              - phones out: high gain, 2.74Vrms (@20Ω), 3.64Vrms (@33Ω), 3.75Vrms (@64Ω, or unloaded); low gain, 0.276Vrms
              - line out, fixed: high gain, 1.885Vrms; low gain, 0.138Vrms

The  "turbo" mode is not going to be removed; maximum output of zishan would be 0.276Vrms, half of Sansas' output capabilities; absurd.
    They are going to rename "turbo" mode to "high gain" (or any good translation) mode, probably.

Using a multimeter (and splitter and other cables), you can measure output Vrms unloaded and with some loads (resistors/known-precise-impedance-phones needed for this).
    But that doesn't say too much; to measure the real output thing (no clipping, no much distortion), you'd probably also need resistors, an oscilloscope or some software (RMAA, Audacity), and .to measure at different loads (with lower loads, the source starts to clip or to distort too much at lower voltage).
    I've learned thanks to this (from @Samueru Sama):
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/800208/the-rmaa-rightmark-audio-analyzer-source-and-audio-device-measurement-thread-measurements-in-post-3-tutorial-in-post-2/120#post_13041346
    I guess everyone could do it, by being enough motivated, and following his guidelines.

15. AudioNewbi3
    Thanks for the informative reply mate, however, that is indeed what the seller mentioned to me.

16196830_10208168338501495_743900468_o.png

And after some fidling around with the player, I can find no high gain or low gain mode. Hence perhaps the Zhisan now is fixed in high gain mode? 

The instrucxtion I downloaded from teiba also mentions that anything above 16ohm should be used with turbo mode.

First

Back
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Next

Last