1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Zishan dsd's corner

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by neog007, Nov 17, 2016.
Tags:
First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Next

Last
  1. T.R.A.N.C.E.
    News; D200 designer finished designing new amp E200, runs on Dual 18650 (2x 3500mAH!), 2x Rollable opamps, 2x LME498610 Buffers, choice of 30V or 20V circuit voltage, Vishay resistors, Rifa output caps, 6.3mm socket... Drool.

Notice he has a pimping purple D200+ AK4497 dap for himself, haha.

E200a.png

pitsel, snellemin and nick n like this.
  2. vapman
    I love that you can snap in & out 18650s. Would love to do that on a walnut haha. What's price of 30v vs 20v? i love the trend of high voltage DAPs now

3. bzfrank
    The D200 looks very interesting indeed!

I tried the MUSES01 and 02 today in the Zishan DSD. Nice, but in the end I rolled back the OPA2107. The Muses are surely good sounding, good details, wide soundstage, great dynamics but  the old 'tiring listing' effect kicked in again I already experienced with the stock LME49720. The more relaxed but still detailed sound of the OPA2107 better suits my taste in the Zishan.

nick n likes this.
  4. T.R.A.N.C.E.
    Awesome news. D200+AK4497 is using 25V swing amp circuit compared to D200+AK4495S using 20V swing amp.

Also check out the additional extra beefy low ESR tantalum caps in the D200+AK4497 and the more extensive PSU. It's just beautiful... (yes, I get off on pcb's [​IMG]).

Only thing missing now is some vishay resistors for analog circuit (I'm trying to convince him).

D2004497.png

5. T.R.A.N.C.E.
    So after I kept harassing D200 engineer with ways to make the dap better he sent me a picture of the solution, the dream portable setup, what a legend.

dreamportablesetup.png

6. AudioNewbi3
    Translate:

It is mentioned that sound of LP's is the best
    It is mentioned that battery should be tinkered
    It is mentioned that sound system is better than headphones

The best "potable" audio rig  

7. MLTKSHHBT
    My version:
    It is said that,
    LP is good;
    Battery is better;
    Speakers are better than headphones.

Scene: The best portable audio system

8. T.R.A.N.C.E.
    Thanks for the translation guys, really the picture says it all! I agree with the message. I use my vintage Sony speakers from the 80's more than any TOTL headphones, and the Sony's would have only cost a couple hundred or so back then, their made in Tokyo as well. Nowadays a couple hundred from Sony buys you mediocre at best, need to spend 2k for soemthing good...

9. notamethlab
    The D200+ looks extremely promising. I hope various people get it and share their impressions. Would be nice to know if it's a worthy upgrade from my Zishan. :)

10. AudioNewbi3
    Sir @notamethlab

Can you kindly answer my question since you own a Zhisan?

Thank-you
    Quote:

11. hakuzen
    i'd love to know D200+ output impedance, and graphs of how the output coupling caps affect to the lows when using phones

12. macky112
    @T.R.A.N.C.E. can you take a look at these two listings on Taobao, specifically their block diagrams.

maybe you can help me understand why the AK4495S Zishan has OPA2134/OP275, and the AK4490 Zishan only has OP275?

13. T.R.A.N.C.E.

Previous version of Zishan had OPA2134 as amp chip, current version uses OP275. Zishan does not use both at the same time. There is no difference between 560 Zishan and 599 Zishan other than dac and vol pot.

Themilkman46290 likes this.
  14. notamethlab
    Yes I can, the UI should be able to support that layering of files b/c I have the same setup.

Regarding that capacity, update to the latest FW and try it, if does not work you'll have to format it to fat32.

Don't know about cheapest but I'd recommend getting a sandisk one, they're much more reliable and not that expensive as they used to be.

15. Frederick Wang
    Breeze SU1 arrived this evening, thanks for recommendation Mr. @T.R.A.N.C.E.!
    This thing is built like a tank and weighed like a tank, comes with a thick usb cord that you don't expect for the price, actually, there is nothing about it you'd expect for the price... I'm very impressed. 

First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Next

Last