1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Zishan dsd's corner

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by neog007, Nov 17, 2016.
Tags:
First

Back
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Next

Last
  1. musicday
    Is Zishan DSD 560 different then Zishan DSD or same product?

2. AudioNewbi3
    Different, its the one without volume knob

3. macky112

Hi everyone buying from Taobao, do you ask seller to ship directly or use MrTao for shipping to the US?

4. T.R.A.N.C.E.

Depends on the Taobao seller, need to contact them before buying, for modded Zishan from Ghost Audio Diy the seller refused to ship international, need to use Mistertao or Ebay seller. I didn't inquire at official Zishan store though, maybe they will.

For Walnut and D200 I managed to convince the sellers to ship direct to me, first time that they have ever shipped international lol, they seem uncomfortable with it at first, for some reason think it is hard or that there is regulations they need to know.

Anyway shipping directly your basically only saving from not paying the usage fee from mistertao, which is only like $10.

5. macky112

How do you contact sellers on taobao? I left a message through the taobao web chat window 5 days ago but that Zishan shop still hasn't replied

6. T.R.A.N.C.E.

Sounds like you did the right thing. I use the web chat, you can also download the chat app, the little white on blue ghost looking app, called WangWang Chat lol.

All the sellers I've talked to have been helpful. Not sure why they haven't replied, I haven't had that happen before.

7. AudioNewbi3
    I have been wondering for a while, but sir @T.R.A.N.C.E. can you speak chinese?
    你会说华语?

8. T.R.A.N.C.E.

I don't, wish I did, would be awesome!

9. AudioNewbi3
    So untill now you have been contacting Taobao sellers inb English? Cool!

10. neog007
    Does the d200+ special red edition still no equalization? I'm worried to buy it and feel it lacks a bit of bass according to my preferences. If the bass is similar to the walnut could be OK to me

11. T.R.A.N.C.E.

Actually using google or bing translate (which actually differ). The sellers tell me the translation isn't great, but they usually understand what I'm trying to say most of the time, there is the occasional "???" comment from both sides, sometimes the translation is incomprehensible, haha.

Still no EQ. I don't know how D200+ will sound, but no doubt it will remain neutral like D200 V4.

D200 V4 is very neutral, more neutral than Zishan and Walnut. That does mean less in your face bass, but this allows nicer mids and treble, in detail, texture, timbre and realism. I actually hear things in the mids and treble in D200 V4 that I can't even hear on the Zishan and Walnut.

The bass of D200 V4 is not lacking, I love it with electronic music, I get more texture and feel from the D200 V4 bass than the Zishan and Walnut, but less slam, you need to get used to the bass being at the same level as mids and treble, then you hear a more musical bass no matter the music genre, even for edm the enhanced bass texture is addictive (but slam is also addictive lol), you can't have both though!

Zishan and Walnut bass is slightly more present than the mids and treble, but without overpowering them, a "fun" tilt, but moderately and tastefully done, like an 80's rig, but nonetheless not neutral in balance like the D200 V4.

12. MLTKSHHBT
    T.R.A.N.C.E.Despite the fact that :你不懂中文;but you seem to be able to cruise across the ocean of Taobao with ease, fantastic!

13. T.R.A.N.C.E.

Thank you sir, I've learnt some tricks to browsing Taobao, and Chinese isn't as hard to translate as I thought it would be at first. It's a nice Language I enjoy learning a bit about as I dabble in it.

14. AudioNewbi3
    So, I finally pulled the trigger on thee Zhisan DSD 560, and I was wondering how many layers of folder does the UI support?

I usually have my SD Card sorted like so on my Rockboxed X3

Music==>Artist==>Albums==>CD 1, CD 2 (If Available)

Will the Zhisan be able to support such a layout or do I need to reduce the number of layers?

Also, I am planning to use 128gb SD card in the Zhisan, is it safe to do so? The page mentions that the Zhisan can support upto 256gb.

Finally, which is the cheapest 128gb SD card currently?

Thank-you

15. T.R.A.N.C.E.
    I was inspecting my D200 V4 pcb, and was curious to know what power management IC is being used, I only knew that it was Analog Devices ADP series from the symbol on the chip, and MSOP-8 form factor.

I narrowed it down to being ADP1613 from the Analog Devices catalog based on the spec required by D200, and it bothered me that they hadn't used the slightly better ADP1614.

So I inquired to the D200 designer and he admitted that he had overlooked ADP1614, after looking at the data sheet, he told me after some testing that for future D200's they would use ADP1614, but it is 30% more expensive so he was annoyed, but you gotta pay for better components, and he was cool with it.

So there you go, I'm officially a dap designer [​IMG] 

The D200 guys are super legit. Always trying to improve their dap and open to suggestions.

Here is the D200+ (AK4495SEQ version)
    D200analogpcb.png

Bellyworshipper likes this.
First

Back
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Next

Last