1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Zishan dsd's corner

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by neog007, Nov 17, 2016.
Tags:
First

Back
146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155
157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164
Next

Last
  1. silverfishla
    Oh man. Mine looks something like this too now!

2. yurt28
    I just got my Zishan Z1 today again for actually destroying the other one haha, Just soldered on some 2x Fine Gold 0.22uf 50v and dipped 1612A_Soic and man its like hearing what Hifi 2.0 was ever made to be heard. The Phantom Menace just sounds phenomical.

Does anybody know where to find a crystallizer thats well above 11.2Mhz and can fit on this board? It sounds maxed toned right now.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  3. Ivan TT
    z1 uses 11.0592 oscillator and no other frequency would work.

4. Baljortar
    Yes, it is actually just a LPS, so it can be used as a balanced line out if you got the GND from the 3.5mm output.
    If you have another amplifier, this can be pretty useful, due to the signal that doesn't pass through an amplification path.
    It is truly a very very nice line out.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  5. Baljortar
    Can you explain in detail what is your proyect about please?, I'm pretty new in this thread an I also wanted to mod my DSD as soon as it arrives.

6. Nurarihiou
    I've changed the op from lm 4562na to muses02 ,at volume 18 it sounds nice, but when i crank the volume up to 31 to let my zishan DSD(ak4497 ver.) 3.5mm port act as line out to the amp, the bass sounds pretty brutal, anyone experience this?

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  7. LaughMoreDaily
    I read someone say the Sony A45 is better than the DSD but it better be right? It's almost $200 more in price.

Some say the price is $200 in their country and not $300 but it's $300 in my country. The DSD is $130/$150 in my countries currency.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    DBaldock9 likes this.
  8. Themilkman46290
    Well in all fairness, it should be good for that price, in sound quality it is not better, not close, it doesn't have the power. The Sony is rated at 35+35 mw into 16 ohms so it's not nearly as powerful, it probably sounds alot better then the ak4497 if you only used sensitive low impedance iems (what it seems to be made for) but when I listened to it a wile back it didn't push full-size or high impedance well
    But i can say it's sexier, smaller, comfortable device with all the bells and whistles that come with a heavily marketed device made using the best planned obsolescence has to offer , and the most difficult to fix, and cost twice the price.

At the end I bought the dsd because it can be fixed easily ( I tend to abuse my toys alot) and because the sound quality and power
    Not because screen,Bluetooth,wifi capability

And I am sick of buying stuff that is made to be thrown away
    The Sony player is wonderful, and sounds good, but it's overpriced and made to last as long as the batteries allow, around 1.5-2 years before you need to upgrade, and it needs an amp if you want to power anything other then iems

LaughMoreDaily and Light - Man like this.
  9. LaughMoreDaily
    I heard the DSD is really picky about what earphones (iems) it likes using?

Themilkman46290 likes this.
  10. Ivan TT
    I actually don't recommend it unless you have some experience - or willing to experiment and don't mind destroying DSD or two in the process.

I finally gave my second AK4497 some love and strangely enough would recommend approach that contradicts usual modding vectors (or even my own exploits).

Currently my DSD #2 has the following replaced:

1. 3.3V LDOs (both boards)
    2. 5V LDO
    3. MEMS oscillators
    4. AD8620 opamp in DIP8 socket.

Everything else is 100% stock, DSD #2 sounds absolutely awesome, I don't feel like changing anything else.

Suggested replacements are well-documented in this thread.

If you have/use BA based IEMS hooking up 10uF cap and 55Ohm resistor in series between outputs and ground (could be wired directly to 3.5mm output contacts) will improve things considerably.

11. DBaldock9
    Does one of the posts in this thread have an image, showing the location of all of the DSD's LDO Voltage Regulators?
    Do you change any of the supporting circuitry (precision resistors or capacitors), to improve the LDO performance?

12. Themilkman46290
    Only the ak4497 has that issue
    I have the ak4490 version that I use for iems, it is far less picky, and as I understand the ak4495 also doesn't have those issues

13. Ivan TT
    Sorry, not sure if there is a post with an image.

3.3V LDOs are labeled DE=A1D and there’s 6 of them across 2 boards. These should be replaced with LP5907, no supporting circuitry change is necessary in my opinion as what is already present is sufficient.

There’s another 5V LDO on the analog board (don’t remember stock label, above 3.3V further away from PCB edge), should be replaced with TPS73250. 10nF cap from pin 4 to ground (which is right next to it, 10uF cap’s ground connection) would improve noise even further.

Hope it helps.

DBaldock9 likes this.
  14. DBaldock9
    Thanks!
    Now I've ordered some of the 3.3V & 5V LDO Regulators, and some of the MEMS Oscillators - to upgrade parts on several of my devices.

LaughMoreDaily and Ivan TT like this.
  15. LaughMoreDaily
    How much better in sound quality are the DSD's than the Z1, Z2, Z3 etc?

First

Back
146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155
157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164
Next

Last