The Zebra Wood Headphones?
Sep 8, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #3 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggranak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For only $60, it's tempting, but they're probably crap.

"But it's on sale"
"See..."
"They used to be $200!"

biggrin.gif

Sep 8, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #5 of 115
Right on, boomy. Even discounting the various types of leather, its application is rarely seen in headphones costing twice as much as the Zebra oddity. They kinda look like Stax Lambdas already, why not try to de-uglify the stats' late 70s dull brown plastic motif with a transplant?

Sep 8, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #7 of 115
I saw these a few months back for the $200 price and couldn't find any reviews let alone more information on them. For $60, tempting indeed. What the heck, I just purchased them.

Sep 8, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #10 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaphoenix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw these a few months back for the $200 price and couldn't find any reviews let alone more information on them. For $60, tempting indeed. What the heck, I just purchased them.

Sweet. I knew someone would have 60 bucks laying around and say "what the heck!"
biggrin.gif

I'm curious to see if they live up to the $200 price tag.
wink.gif

Sep 9, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #13 of 115
OHHH man Head-fi is gonna be the death of me!!! or at least my wallet LOL. Damn these things look to darn interesting for a mid-fi guy like me to pass up. They are pretty darn ugly but being able to get a wood phone that may sound good with a nice case, all for about $80CAN landed is pretty darn sweet.

Sep 9, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #14 of 115
Sep 9, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #15 of 115
Those earmuffs look pretty warm and JVC drivers can't be too bad.

HS and Neddless Marcup (Niemen Marcus) have some pretyy cool things if you have a load of cash to burn. I remember his and her's portable derigables ( Yes Mini blimps) in the NM catalog one year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back