The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Sep 21, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #1,231 of 1,243
I doubt its better thrn old p2.1

1more is the company, which designed and produced the old pistons for Xiaomi. I don´t think they would create a new piston (and also with the same sound engineer they hired for the 2.0/2.1), if it would sound worse than the old ones. Of course, sound preferences differ widely sometimes.....

Sep 21, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #1,232 of 1,243
As far as I know the consensus is that they are not quite the same which almost always equates to not as good. Even if they are now, technically better. I have an older pair of 2's. Fantastic. Not great for the subway though.

Sep 21, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #1,233 of 1,243
As far as I know the consensus is that they are not quite the same which almost always equates to not as good. Even if they are now, technically better. I have an older pair of 2's. Fantastic. Not great for the subway though.

I doubt you´ll hear a difference in a double blind test. One reviewer on amazon says he owns the original P2 and they sound exactly the same. 
Be that as it may, I think mine sound absolutely spectacular. 
wink.gif

Sep 22, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #1,234 of 1,243
No way its the same. May be similar sound signature but if audiple hears it he will definitely know.

Nov 20, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #1,239 of 1,243

http://www.amazon.com/Triple-flange-trilevel-replacement-attachment/dp/B007X8LH4A?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A10S6OB23UD1NX

BTW these black tips are now much worse.  They inexplicably changed the shape, made the smaller.  If you want the old size of tips you need these, using the slightly worse clear material:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007X8LGVE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #1,240 of 1,243
Does anyone know if these are still purchasable in the UK? my pair are almost dead and I'm looking for a worthwhile upgrade to them with mic

Dec 12, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #1,241 of 1,243
How does the 2.1's compare to Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)?? i really like the 2.1's sound but i want more bass out of it. not saying the bass is weak, i'm just a basshead and i'm used to stronger bass, aside from that the sound of 2.1 is perfect

Dec 13, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #1,242 of 1,243
  How does the 2.1's compare to Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)?? i really like the 2.1's sound but i want more bass out of it. not saying the bass is weak, i'm just a basshead and i'm used to stronger bass, aside from that the sound of 2.1 is perfect

I have both and to my ears and with my gears the Piston 2.1 has a lot more bass than the Xiaomi Pro HD (2DD 1BA) hybrid. Doing the vent hole mod on the latter boosts the bass somewhat but not by much from my experience.

Apr 23, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #1,243 of 1,243
Sorry to bring this dead/old thread up from the grave, but I've promised someone on here quite some time ago that I'd take pictures of removing the foam inside the Xiaomi Piston 2.1 while retaining the metal grill after the mod. So I will post pictures of how I modded the 2 that I have. The mod took me less than 5 minutes from start to finish.

The tools that I used are common items for watch modding, and if you do any soldering work then I'm sure you have these types of pointed tweezers. As for the glue that I used it's specific for watch modding. However, you can use any kind - even super glue if you want.

Tools:

Step 1: With the pointed tip push straight down slowly, until puncture it.

Step 2: Using the tweezer that punctured through the grill - lift upwards gently.

Step 3: The grill will be lifted off at one end, now go around with the tweezer gently lifting the grill off the housing.

Step 4: Remove the grill completely, and use the tweezer to fish out the foam.

Step 5: Clean and use the tweezer to bend back the part of the grill where you punctured through. I didn't show the process, but it's pretty easy.

Step 6: After cleaning the residual glue on the housing and grill, place the 'reformed' grill back on.

Step 7: Apply glue very sparingly, only use a 'smidge' at the edges.

Last step: Clean up the excess glue with some of acetone/nail polish remover. (Not necessary if you weren't rushing it like me, excuse the sloppy alignment of the grill - I've fixed it after this photo was taken and was too lazy to retake another lol)

This mod is super easy and can greatly enhance the already 'amazing sounding' Xiaomi Piston 2.1's
gs1000.gif

- Cheers and happy modding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back