The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Apr 23, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #1,112 of 1,243
I lost mine
frown.gif
Need to buy new ones,really love the sound and the metal clip so they don't fall off.
Did anyone compared the new Piston 3.0 to this ones?

Might wanna take a look at this thread, then:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/760847/xiaomi-pistons-3-0-impressions-thread/105#post_11537456

Apr 24, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #1,115 of 1,243
Hi,

I've bought these Xiaomi's and they arrived this week. I've tried to used them as a normal IEM and to awswer calls using the inline control but the mic doesn't seem to be working properly. Either the person at the other end is able to hear me at an extremely low volume or can only hear some clicking sounds without my voice.

After some research before buying and upon delivery, I believe I have a legit pair. Also, the QR code on the cable leads me to the official Xiaomi authentication page... 

Could this be a compatibility issue or simply a defective unit? Can you guys tell me if anyone experienced the same with their Xiaomi's and if there's a work around? Maybe there's something obstructing the mic internals?

(I have a an ASUS Fonepad 7 with a modified Android OS (ZEN Ui Rom) and a Nokia Lumia 620. On the ASUS only the answer button worked, on the Lumia the 3 buttons worked properly, but on both of them the microphone had the issues described)

Thanks

May 1, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #1,117 of 1,243
Hi, i am having trouble deciding between the xiaomi piston 2 and auglamour AG-R1. Can anyone advise me on which earphone to choose? I'm looking for an earphone that will almost any kind of music. Thanks in advance!

May 4, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #1,120 of 1,243

Did you end up getting the Piston 2.0's or 3.0? And did you try different tip sizes? I know that makes quite a difference in comfort/seal/sound.

Yeah I tried all the tips, the smallest size seemed to provide the best sound for me but I still wasnt really satisfied. I have the 2.0's, I had the Panasonic RPHJE120K years prior but I think  I think I just prefer the sound of On-Ears/Over-Ears.

May 8, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #1,124 of 1,243
  I've bought these Xiaomi's and they arrived this week. I've tried to used them as a normal IEM and to awswer calls using the inline control but the mic doesn't seem to be working properly. Either the person at the other end is able to hear me at an extremely low volume or can only hear some clicking sounds without my voice.

Could this be a compatibility issue or simply a defective unit? Can you guys tell me if anyone experienced the same with their Xiaomi's and if there's a work around? Maybe there's something obstructing the mic internals?

(I have a an ASUS Fonepad 7 with a modified Android OS (ZEN Ui Rom) and a Nokia Lumia 620. On the ASUS only the answer button worked, on the Lumia the 3 buttons worked properly, but on both of them the microphone had the issues described)

The mic, as designed, works great.  if yours is poor on all devices then you have a defective unit.

These are standard android-style electronics.  The buttons will work on LG/HTC/Samsung android phones for sure.  if the buttons don't work, then it's almost surely the device doesn't support android buttons (e.g., motorola phones only recognize 1 button)

if you can, return the headset for an exchange.

May 9, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #1,125 of 1,243
After quite a while using the stock tips, I decided to buy comply foam tips because I was not too happy with the fit of the originals. Their sky high price compared to the short expected lifetime caused me to try a DIY method of turning simple noise isolating Moldex Spark Plugs into comfortable, great sounding iem tips.
Tools: Scissors, Punch (also used for perforating belts)
Instructions: Cut Spark Plugs in half with scissors -----> Use punch on lower, larger half and bore a hole right in the middle ------> Plug them onto your Pistons and be happy with fit and sound
I can highly recommend this method to everyone who is disappointed with the sound/fit of these great IEMs. With the stock tips I had to use equalizer settings to like the sound, now they sound great without EQ (still even better with stronger mids and recessed highs on EQ).
Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back