The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Apr 11, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #1,096 of 1,243
I heard the T500s don't actually go on any easier?

The T400s are fine when they expand back out again but getting them on the first time is a challenge.

How different are the clones to the genuine ones? I've only tried genuine ones.

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #1,099 of 1,243
**EDIT** I swapped out the stock tips and everything changed. Settled on some tips from a pair of Nuforce NE-600Xs. BigBargainOnline even included 3 extra pairs of non-stock tips, which I should have taken as a hint. I have no doubt that these are authentic now. 

Recently received a pair from BigBargainOnline via Ebay. They do appear to be authentic. Build quality and packaging are fantastic. The sound quality, however, is quite poor. They're tinny, trebly and completely lacking in the low end. The auction appears to have been replaced with the Piston v3s now though. 

Not sure if this is a knock-off or a bad production run, but these are not good headphones. 

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #1,100 of 1,243
  Recently received a pair from BigBargainOnline via Ebay. They do appear to be authentic. Build quality and packaging are fantastic. The sound quality, however, is quite poor. They're tinny, trebly and completely lacking in the low end. The auction appears to have been replaced with the Piston v3s now though. 

Not sure if this is a knock-off or a bad production run, but these are not good headphones. 

If that's the case, then they're definitely not genuine. 

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #1,101 of 1,243

Bigbargainonline is a trusted Head-fi resource, they also own Penon Audio (.com)

If you feel there's something wrong with your Pistons get in touch with them. Their customer service is excellent. 

Apr 14, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #1,103 of 1,243
Whoa! Thanks for the tip. The vendor included three extra pairs of tips (transparent gray outer and red inner). I just tried the non-stock medium tips and difference is night and day. Also tried the tips from a pair of Nuforce NE-600Xs and noticed a similar improvement. 

I'm going to have to chalk it up to the stock tips. I tried all 3 sets of stock tips to no avail. I guess that's why BigBargainOnline includes the 3 pairs of additional tips. 

Apr 15, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #1,105 of 1,243
I also find the stock tips really crap. But I didn't get any additional ones so can you guys recommend a cheap tip that goes will with piston 2?

I can force the piston with stock tips into my ears so that they sound really good, but definitely uncomfortable and come out too easily. Tried them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back