The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Apr 2, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #1,082 of 1,243
  I noticed some stores sell the silver V.2 edition, but the little control buttons thing on the wire looks plastic white instead of metallic, like here: 
S-SCS-4312B.jpg
 Could that mean they are  fake or something?

I'm pretty sure those are genuine but they're not the Piston 2. They're the cheaper version.

@AlecR wins the Sherlock Award for excellent deduction. 

But to clarify, this is not the Pistons 2.0 and not the Paperback 2.0. This is the Paperback 1.0, phased out sometime after the release of the Pistons 2.0, just before the PB2.0 was released. 

​looks uber-fake
^ lol. So much lol. 

Apr 3, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #1,083 of 1,243
  I noticed some stores sell the silver V.2 edition, but the little control buttons thing on the wire looks plastic white instead of metallic, like here: 
S-SCS-4312B.jpg
 Could that mean they are  fake or something?

Just look at the plug.  It's classic chinese-counterfeit cabling.  Same as they use on fake samsung headsets.   The wire inside is going to break in about 5 minutes, disabling one of the drivers.

Apr 3, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #1,084 of 1,243

Just look at the plug.  It's classic chinese-counterfeit cabling.  Same as they use on fake samsung headsets.   The wire inside is going to break in about 5 minutes, disabling one of the drivers.

rolleyes.gif

As I already said, that's a Pistons Paperback 1.0, which back then used a very cheap manufacturing process.

Apr 3, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #1,085 of 1,243

This section is practically just here for reference, but it consists of the old 1.0 models that are now long gone

[...]
Consult this checklist if a seller online may be selling a 1.0 (which will probably be fake, anyway):

rolleyes.gif

As I already said, that's a Pistons Paperback 1.0, which back then used a very cheap manufacturing process.

The posted picture has metal driver casing + a cable that's suspiciously similar to the Samsung-style cables (including the up-down-play button scheme, instead of the current Xiaomi up-play-down button scheme).  I am late to the party, so if you say that's how the Paperback 1.0's looked, I believe you since I've never seen one.

You also say the V1s are long gone and if they're being sold they're probably fake.  Panahtlstrats5 says these are being advertised and sold as "Silver 2.0" pistons.

The fact that they're advertising 2.0s, but showing a picture of something which is inarguably NOT a 2.0, confirms that the best case scenario is the vendor is clueless, and there is significant chance they are deliberately false advertising.

Regardless of all that, I would never buy that headset even if proven authentic because it has an unreliable plug design.

Apr 3, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #1,086 of 1,243

The posted picture has metal driver casing + a cable that's suspiciously similar to the Samsung-style cables (including the up-down-play button scheme, instead of the current Xiaomi up-play-down button scheme).  I am late to the party, so if you say that's how the Paperback 1.0's looked, I believe you since I've never seen one.

You also say the V1s are long gone and if they're being sold they're probably fake.  Panahtlstrats5 says these are being advertised and sold as "Silver 2.0" pistons.

The fact that they're advertising 2.0s, but showing a picture of something which is inarguably NOT a 2.0, confirms that the best case scenario is the vendor is clueless, and there is significant chance they are deliberately false advertising.

Regardless of all that, I would never buy that headset even if proven authentic because it has an unreliable plug design.

Well, with that I can agree wholeheartedly. Still no doubt a fake seller.

Apr 3, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #1,087 of 1,243
Received my pistons from merimobiles today. Looks and sounds legit, awesome. Totally satisfied.

I use a Xiaomi Mi4 phone so all the functions work as well. The english manual says middle button is for start/stop only, but double clicking actually works to skip to next song, like with iphone. Clicking three times won't go to previous song, though :frowning2: but you can choose to set volume buttons to control next/previous instead. Holding the middle button brings up Google Now voice search, but only if phone is woken up...? If screen is off, it does nothing just stops music for a sec.

Apr 3, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #1,088 of 1,243

The original supplied ear tips are too slippery for me, so I found these on eBay. Those blue foams offer slightly better isolation but it also makes the sound crazier. There is more bass and treble. I can't take the treble, its crazier and harsher than my ER4P/S.

Apr 8, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #1,092 of 1,243
  Whoops, I remembered seeing the comply tips in the same color. 

http://www.complyfoam.com/piston/

Well, if you had any Complys (S-400 and T-400), you'll find that the Complys have a porous foam and are not as tapered as the one above. Weird how teh COmply Tip Finder shows the 400 series when they fit a little too tightly on the Pistons (basically I have a hard time putting them on). 500 series should work better.

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #1,093 of 1,243
  Well, if you had any Complys (S-400 and T-400), you'll find that the Complys have a porous foam and are not as tapered as the one above. Weird how teh COmply Tip Finder shows the 400 series when they fit a little too tightly on the Pistons (basically I have a hard time putting them on). 500 series should work better.

I actually have the 500 series. I thought they may have made a specific type for the Pistons like they did for Apple but with a different material.

http://www.complyfoam.com/products/Whoomp-Foam-Tips/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back