The "WINDOWS 7 IS FREAKING AWESOME!" thread.
Sep 17, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #151 of 289
Quote:

Originally Posted by fjf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am out of here. Enjoy your awesomeness full time!.

Buh-bye.

Good news for students (or someone used to be student), Win 7 for 30$. Just enter your school email address to verify and get a Home Premium or Pro version. Damn good deal!

Sep 17, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #152 of 289
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buh-bye.

Good news for students (or someone used to be student), Win 7 for 30$. Just enter your school email address to verify and get a Home Premium or Pro version. Damn good deal!

Check with your schools too. I'm a current university student, and I get it for free under the MSDN-AA program.

Sep 18, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #156 of 289
We can get unlimited(?) copies of any OS for one time fee of $10. I applied for the MS's college deal but I'm going to wait until my school get's their copy.

Sep 21, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #158 of 289
Just upgraded to Windows 7 (finally no more XP
smily_headphones1.gif
) Foobar WASAPI in Win7 seems to sound better than Foobar KS in WinXP with the digital out of my integrated sound card
biggrin.gif
I may not need a new SPDIF transport after all.

Sep 21, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #159 of 289
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just upgraded to Windows 7 (finally no more XP
smily_headphones1.gif
) Foobar WASAPI in Win7 seems to sound better than Foobar KS in WinXP with the digital out of my integrated sound card
biggrin.gif
I may not need a new SPDIF transport after all.

Foobar with WASAPI in Win7 is pretty damn sexy.

Sep 21, 2009 at 7:43 AM Post #160 of 289
/\ indeed, its a very clean way of extracting audio, its solid as a rock also compared to other methods IMHO.

@some1x, thats quite the upgrade there, as i feel that the win audio sub system in vista/7 is better than xp just on its own, but to compound that with your upgrade to wasapi - i am not suprised you are hearing the difference
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 22, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #163 of 289
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought a new HDD to prepare for the W7
smily_headphones1.gif
Can't wait until the release.

Regular or SSD? Looking at picking up a X25-M G2, but still a bit expensive at this point, especially in Canada. The drive itself is a speed demon, with TRIM support built-in already.

Sep 22, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #165 of 289
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just installed Nero 9, on the next reboot Windows blacked out. Great. I can get into safe mode I'll try uninstalling.

Just a thought, I personally like Imgburn more, and it has been working fine with win 7 the entire time.

The new taskbar is nice, the see desktop button at the bottom right is more intuitive and makes sense.

A few other little things here and there, but much the same as vista as it was meant to be (which is why it is good).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back