The WickedSchiit Meet - New England - Nov 18th, 2018

Will you be attending

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #16 of 115
I assume it's mixed equipment, like DAP's and amps (input from CD, Comp) sort of anchoring, with phones moving around in some cases and staying in others. Please set that straight if I'm wrong.

I could bring my Rag & Gumby along with a junk Sony CD changer. I don't have the update Gen 5 on the Gumby yet, so USB might not work so well.

My HE-500 modded probably are interesting enough to bring, and

I didn't see a MD X00 Mahogany on the list yet (but I may sell mine before hand).

Might bring my modded Fostex FH-500RP which I didn't see listed either.

Suppose I could bring the HFM 4XX modded too.

Can't wait to hear a HE-6.
There will be all kinds of random sources. That setup you mentioned would be PERFECT! I plan on bringing my laptop and possibly a CD player just so I can have a few setups going at once.

Same here!! I have wanted to try the HE-6 for a long time. HE-6/Rag pairing.... should be interesting for sure!!!

Oct 9, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #17 of 115
Looking forward to this people, it should be a blast!
We'll be bringing the following:
System One-
Source: NAD M50.2
DAC: Luxman DA-06
Amp: Luxman P-750U
Digital Cables: Audioquest Diamond
Analog Cables: Nordost Tyr 2
Headphones: Audeze LCD-4/LCD-4z

System Two-
DAC: Chord DAVE
Amp: Chord DAVE
Digital Cables: Nordost Heimdall 2
Headphones: Audeze LCD-MX4/LCD-3/LCD-i4

System Three-
Source: Bluesound Node 2
DAC: RME ADI-2
Amp: RME-ADI-2
Digital Cables: Nordost Blue Heaven
Headphones: Audeze LCD-X/LCD-XC

System Four-
Source: Bluesound Node 2 (using both digital outs)
DAC: Parasound ZDAC v2 & Marantz HD-DAC1
Digital Cables: Audioquest Carbon (coax), Audioquest Cinnamon (toslink)
Headphones: Audeze LCD-2/LCD2 Closed-Back

System Five-
Source: Apple MacBook
DAC: Audioquest Dragonfly Red
Headphones: Audeze SINE DX/ SINE CBs

We'll also have a Chord Mojo, Sony PHA-3, and Sony NW-ZX2

Oct 10, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #18 of 115
Looking forward to this people, it should be a blast!
We'll be bringing the following:
System One-
DAC: Luxman DA-06
Amp: Luxman P-750U
Digital Cables: Audioquest Diamond
Analog Cables: Nordost Tyr 2
Headphones: Audeze LCD-4/LCD-4z

System Two-
DAC: Chord DAVE
Amp: Chord DAVE
Digital Cables: Nordost Heimdall 2
Headphones: Audeze LCD-MX4/LCD-3/LCD-i4

System Three-
Source: Bluesound Node 2
DAC: RME ADI-2
Amp: RME-ADI-2
Digital Cables: Nordost Blue Heaven
Headphones: Audeze LCD-X/LCD-XC

System Four-
Source: Bluesound Node 2 (using both digital outs)
DAC: Parasound ZDAC v2 & Marantz HD-DAC1
Digital Cables: Audioquest Carbon (coax), Audioquest Cinnamon (toslink)
Headphones: Audeze LCD-2/LCD2 Closed-Back

System Five-
Source: Apple MacBook
DAC: Audioquest Dragonfly Red
Headphones: Audeze SINE DX/ SINE CBs

We'll also have a Chord Mojo, Sony PHA-3, and Sony NW-ZX2
:smile_phones::thumbsup: Awesome!

Oct 14, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #19 of 115
I managed to snag an amazing deal and traded my hd650 +$400 for a HD800 S. So I'll be bringing that instead of hd650.
I would kill for that deal.......

Oct 14, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #20 of 115
Sorry Im late to respond to this, but count me in. Gear always changing, but...... Eddie Current Aficionado, Soekirs DAC1541, HD800, HD660, HE6 should be coming

@JoshMo I never got a chance to hear the EC at the last meet and have been living with regret ever since, so I'm definitely going to jump in line to try those this time!

Oct 15, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #21 of 115
We are about a month away!!! I'm seriously looking forward to this event. Empire ears is sending us the Legend X and Phantom universal. Empire Ears makes some seriously good IEMs and I'm excited that we'll have a chance to try them.

Oct 15, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #22 of 115
We are about a month away!!! I'm seriously looking forward to this event. Empire ears is sending us the Legend X and Phantom universal. Empire Ears makes some seriously good IEMs and I'm excited that we'll have a chance to try them.

Oh crap I’ve been wanting to get the Legend X but was too scared to take the plunge blind. This is huge.

Oct 15, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #23 of 115
Oh **** I’ve been wanting to get the Legend X but was too scared to take the plunge blind. This is huge.
Nice!! That's what I figured. I knew there were people like you that hesitated. See me at the meet and bring some tips. You can spend some quality time with them and then put your order in on Monday! haha

Oct 16, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #25 of 115
I gained some sense and replaced the hd800 S with hd6xx. So I'll be bringing that instead.
Ugh I’ve been wanting to trade my 6xx for an 800S

Oct 17, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #26 of 115
I may be attending with my wife (she's not into gear as I am, but very supportive, and just cool to hang around with). I will try to at least bring my trusty portable pair (Sony MDR-1A with Meze 99 ear pads, sub bass monsters with more ear space and 3D sound, plentiful highs but great mids ("W" response) kind of what most of Fostex TH series can't get right). Being a recording / mixing / mastering engineer who is a moderate bass head and treble sensitive will ensure a different view. My size 8 XXL hat size mean most cans don't fit me, however that hasn't stopped me trying to find those that do to test out. I'm about 2 hours from there, in the Western part of the state. It will be nice to make my rare trek to the east.

Oct 17, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #27 of 115
I may be attending with my wife (she's not into gear as I am, but very supportive, and just cool to hang around with). I will try to at least bring my trusty portable pair (Sony MDR-1A with Meze 99 ear pads, sub bass monsters with more ear space and 3D sound, plentiful highs but great mids ("W" response) kind of what most of Fostex TH series can't get right). Being a recording / mixing / mastering engineer who is a moderate bass head and treble sensitive will ensure a different view. My size 8 XXL hat size mean most cans don't fit me, however that hasn't stopped me trying to find those that do to test out. I'm about 2 hours from there, in the Western part of the state. It will be nice to make my rare trek to the east.
Great! We'd love to have you guys come. Supportive is good! My wife may stop by as well. I'll add you and your gear as a yes for now. Let me know if something changes.

Oct 17, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #28 of 115
Great! We'd love to have you guys come. Supportive is good! My wife may stop by as well. I'll add you and your gear as a yes for now. Let me know if something changes.
Will do. This will be my first meet (though I'd been to two CanJams in NY). I'm actually on my way to AES tomorrow morning in NY (seems I spend more time in NY vs. Boston).

Oct 17, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #29 of 115
Will do. This will be my first meet (though I'd been to two CanJams in NY). I'm actually on my way to AES tomorrow morning in NY (seems I spend more time in NY vs. Boston).
Nice! Meets are fun. They are a little more laid back.

I still need to go to a CanJam. I seem to be busy or they are too far away. One of these days. Have fun!

Oct 18, 2018 at 6:16 AM Post #30 of 115
Looking at the first post, this is mounting to be a great meet. I prefer these smaller type meets because the large Can Jam level are a bit too crowded which raises noise, and not ideal for critical listening.

Will there be LCD-4 and LCDi4 by Audeze (edit: looks like Audio Video Therapy is bringing it)? No Zeus by Empire Ears?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back