The whole SoundMAGIC line-up reviewed! [Tease!] [Delayed 'til at least 06/11/09]
Sep 4, 2009 at 3:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

chinesekiwi

Headphoneus Supremus
Courtesy of the people at Mp3 and More here in NZ, who are the only official distributors and sellers of Fiio and SoundMAGIC products here in New Zealand, I have been very lucky to be sent the whole range of SoundMAGIC products, right from the PL-11 to the PL-50, to be reviewed!

However....

I got mid-term exams next week so I will definitely review them extensively after that.

Yes, I teased you!

I will defiantely compare them to each other as well as the SoundMAGIC products to others, for example, the battle of the BA's between the Apple In-Ear Headphone (ADDIEM) to the PL-50.

EDIT: Well, an important 'real life' thing called University exams has reared it's ugly but important head so I'll have to delay this until at least the week of the 5th of November onwards.

Sep 4, 2009 at 7:47 AM Post #2 of 40
ooooh how very cool and you know whats even cooler!!!! they quoted me on their PL-50 page!!!! yey!!!

that makes me happy
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 4, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #4 of 40
I'm especially looking forward to a PL21 review. For the money, soundmagic products are great values. The PL11 I have is only (arguably) bested by the AI-M9, value-wise.

The PL30 is a low-cost legend already and while I like my PL50's presentation in quieter moments, I'm not as orgasmic about it as mark appears to be... lol. I guess that's the price for fame. (I'm kidding, mark. I really liked your review. It's one of the reasons I got the PL50.)

Reviewing the entire product line is awesome! Is this a first for a head-fi alum?

Sep 4, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #5 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Judge Buff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm especially looking forward to a PL21 review. For the money, soundmagic products are great values. The PL11 I have is only (arguably) bested by the AI-M9, value-wise.

The PL30 is a low-cost legend already and while I like my PL50's presentation in quieter moments, I'm not as orgasmic about it as mark appears to be... lol. I guess that's the price for fame. (I'm kidding, mark. I really liked your review. It's one of the reasons I got the PL50.)

Reviewing the entire product line is awesome! Is this a first for a head-fi alum?

lol

Sep 4, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #6 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Judge Buff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm especially looking forward to a PL21 review. For the money, soundmagic products are great values.

Grrr. If USPS wasn't too lazy to re-deliver my package after five redelivery requests, I'd have the PL21's written up already. As it stands, they might end up getting shipped back to Hong Kong after another 2 weeks.

Edit: Ok, bit the bullet and picked up my PL21's from the post office on my lunch break. I like them already.

Sep 4, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #7 of 40
I'm still in shock that South Island even has the internet.

Sep 5, 2009 at 12:33 PM Post #11 of 40
That PL12 package is different from mine but it also had a red ring design.
I bought PL21 last night from Dealperfect, shouldn't take more than 2 week before I can bring up something about this one too.
Just FP has not register my faulty PL50 yet.
angry_face.gif
It's 2 weeks now.

Sep 6, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #13 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Virgil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still in shock that South Island even has the internet.

We also have indoor plumbing in NZ.

We are NZ's only Agent for FiiO and SoundMAGIC and although now based North of Auckland in NZ we come from the South Island of NZ in fact for many years were based in Hokitika on the West Coast which is even wilder than Seattle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back