The Westone UM1/UM2 Appreciation Thread
Jan 27, 2006 at 11:26 PM Post #91 of 516
Quote:

Originally Posted by K2Grey
First, it gives more room for the EQ to work with. Second, it may help reduce clipping (not sure on the reasons for that). Third, it makes all your albums approximately the same volume. Thus, you won't have to keep changing the volume when you go from one song to another and one album is 6db louder than the other.

Doesn't itunes adjust the sound to the same level for all songs? And if it doesn't how does one do that?

Jan 27, 2006 at 11:36 PM Post #92 of 516
If what you're referring to is SoundCheck, this is claimed to have a detrimental effect on SQ (do a search for soundcheck).

Jan 29, 2006 at 5:03 AM Post #95 of 516
i like the tri-flange modded to bi-flange but i find the short comply tips provide the best sound. more clarity and a nice tight bass.

Jan 29, 2006 at 5:12 AM Post #96 of 516
Quote:

Originally Posted by idiotekniQues
i like the tri-flange modded to bi-flange but i find the short comply tips provide the best sound. more clarity and a nice tight bass.

Hows the isolation of the complys?

Jan 29, 2006 at 5:20 AM Post #97 of 516
Quote:

Originally Posted by R MaN
Hows the isolation of the complys?

with music on at a low volume you will not hear anything around you for daily use. i use these around campus and if somebody called me a giant piece of walking poo i would not flinch.

Jan 29, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #98 of 516
Quote:

Originally Posted by idiotekniQues
with music on at a low volume you will not hear anything around you for daily use. i use these around campus and if somebody called me a giant piece of walking poo i would not flinch.

Thanks a lot I appreciate it...
icon10.gif

Jan 29, 2006 at 5:36 PM Post #99 of 516
Well I am getting ready to try some UM1's (I have Sony EX-71's and its time to take another step up). I currently use an Ipod 5g and a Muvo TX FM.

One question I have is concerning cord length since I haven't found to much on this yet. On my Sony's, there is two pieces to the cord. The main cord was to short, so I usually had to use the extension cord on it which sucked. Also, the wires were so thin, they were constantly getting tangled, a big nuisance.

So, anyone have any feedback on the cord?

Jan 29, 2006 at 5:38 PM Post #100 of 516
I went to the Westone website and the cord length is 50" and from what I heard on here, the cord is not flimsy... Fill us in on your purchase...

Jan 29, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #101 of 516
Quote:

Originally Posted by Underdog311
Well I am getting ready to try some UM1's (I have Sony EX-71's and its time to take another step up). I currently use an Ipod 5g and a Muvo TX FM.

One question I have is concerning cord length since I haven't found to much on this yet. On my Sony's, there is two pieces to the cord. The main cord was to short, so I usually had to use the extension cord on it which sucked. Also, the wires were so thin, they were constantly getting tangled, a big nuisance.

So, anyone have any feedback on the cord?

The cord is equal length on both sides, and it's braided, so it's very sturdy. Tangling hasn't been an issue for me at all.

Jan 29, 2006 at 6:57 PM Post #102 of 516
so it is not a two piece cord then?

Jan 29, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #103 of 516
Quote:

Originally Posted by Underdog311
so it is not a two piece cord then?

Yeah, it's a one-piece cord that splits at about the base of your neck (at least for me.)

Jan 29, 2006 at 7:31 PM Post #104 of 516
Great thing about UM2's you can get them to sound like anything you want them to. They are most deffo not a dark muted headphone - I think they are bright and lively - but with good (dry) bass extention. Actually they have a Dry sound which I think some people have a problem with.

Feb 23, 2006 at 11:25 PM Post #105 of 516
I just got the um1's today in the mail thanks to earphonesolutions awsome shipping (time=2 days, cost=free)! These things are amazing
etysmile.gif
! They are so much better than anything I have ever heard (granted I am new to good headphones and the most expensive headphones I have heard were the bose qc2's). I am going through and re-listening to my music library and hearing all sorts of new things that just weren't there with stock buds. I was a little hesitant about dropping $100 on headphones but these are sooooooooo worth it. By the way these are extremely comfortable, I don't even notice they are in my head with the short comply tips in, its like the music is just "there". Highly recommend these to anyone thinking about buying them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back