The Weakest Link: OK Computer - Round 1
Mar 28, 2006 at 1:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

viator122

Headphoneus Supremus
As an extension of trains are bad's thread on "Electioneering," I thought I would start this game. This has been played on the Steve Hoffman board with great success.

Everyone vote for the song you like the least on OK Computer and say why in your reply to this thread. Then later, I will make a new poll which will contain all the songs except the one voted weakest link from this round. And so on and so on until we come to a consensus on the best song of the album.

Mar 28, 2006 at 1:25 AM Post #2 of 28
why dont you just make one poll for everyones favorite song?
seems like that may save alot of time...
icon10.gif

Mar 28, 2006 at 1:28 AM Post #3 of 28
why are there two sub. homesick alien's in the poll? anywho, it was a tie for me between fitter happier and no surprises.

this is a tough choice though, like choosing a least favorite psychadelic drug. they are all so yummy...

Mar 28, 2006 at 1:50 AM Post #4 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by claymon
why are there two sub. homesick alien's in the poll? anywho, it was a tie for me between fitter happier and no surprises.

this is a tough choice though, like choosing a least favorite psychadelic drug. they are all so yummy...

Yeah, mods, can you change one of the Subterranean Homesick Aliens to "Exit Music (For a Film)"?

Mar 28, 2006 at 2:37 AM Post #6 of 28
i honestly wouldn't change ok computer at all. or any of their albums after that.

Mar 28, 2006 at 2:59 AM Post #9 of 28
Where's the option for "don't change a damn thing"? Meh, I guess fitter happier...
Did anyone else here notice parts you never noticed in the first 1000 times through the album, when you heard it on decent headphones the first time?
orphsmile.gif

Mar 28, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #10 of 28
Ha, "fitter happier" for me as well...That's the song that I seem to skip almost all the time. It does complete the album as a whole, but if I just want to listen to some tunes, I will skip it.

But really, I wouldn't change a damn thing!
tongue.gif

Mar 28, 2006 at 6:34 AM Post #11 of 28
This was too easy...I don't even consider fitter happier a song

I am surprised to see climbing up the wall and no surprises both ~ second place right now. Climbing up the wall is probably my favorite song second to lucky. Tied for second would be airbag, paranoid, exit music....well practically the whole album.

Yet like so many others have mentioned I wouldn't change a thing. This is truly one of the best albums of all time.

P.S. If I could only have one radiohead album it would be The Bends...thats their masterpiece imho.

Mar 28, 2006 at 6:50 AM Post #14 of 28
"fitter happier" makes me chuckle, though I do often skip it for sanity sake...
Slade

Mar 28, 2006 at 8:09 AM Post #15 of 28
in its defense, i think "fitter happier" allows ok computer to actually make sense compositionally. The underlying theme in the poetic robotic voice is sort of a culmination of what the album is all about. I certainly don't enjoy it more than actual music, but i believe the whole concept of the album is weakened if it is not there. That's why i feel it warrants more importance than some of the weaker songs (if they exist) on the album.

edit: but maybe i'm just being a little too idealistic. it is a damn robot voice, haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back