The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 29, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #54,016 of 87,548
I thought Trifecta was charming with Jazz but sounded sluggish nor have the speed to keep up with faster paced music like EDM.

I like the XE6 with Electronic (most sub genres but primarily EDM), Metalcore, Jazz, rock and small ensemble acoustic music. It sounds like Trifecta really spoke to you. That's probably the one. We may just have different preferences :)
Honestly, I think Viking Ragnar and Mentor are the best at the moment for me… VK generally a little more - according to mood, I like them both in their own way. They are really opposites, yep complementary! And I am looking for the third, last complement :)

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 2:40 AM Post #54,017 of 87,548
Great impressions man!! I wish to join a CanJam event some day hehe. I am reading all the impressions posted by everyone, seems you guys had a blast!!
It was just that. A blast! I have not had so much fun in Singapore, and I am a Singaporean! Haha!

Also got to meet quite a number of celebrities including @Sajid Amit which was nice!

Mar 29, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #54,018 of 87,548
It was just that. A blast! I have not had so much fun in Singapore, and I am a Singaporean! Haha!

Also got to meet quite a number of celebrities including @Sajid Amit which was nice!
Hear hear! It was great to meet the persons behind the names and user handles. :)

Mar 29, 2023 at 2:57 AM Post #54,019 of 87,548

I know hehe He has bought some new products from the event as well. Looking forward to meet him later in April.

Mar 29, 2023 at 3:09 AM Post #54,020 of 87,548
Cross posting

My LOAK-TC is here.

20230328_215722.jpg

I was greeted with a nicely packed box and a hand written note by Musashi-San, the owner and maker. This adds layer of personableness that makes an customer feel they are getting something special.

20230328_215747.jpg

Initial Impressions OOTB:

634ears has W sound singature with emphasis on the Subbass. Mids are slight forward and elevated so the vocals can be in the front without masking the instrumentals. Treble has details but is roll off and smooth. No sibliance, brightness or fatigue.

20230328_220106.jpg

Tonality is natural & clear. Timbre on point for a single DD but more importantly technicalities are superb. Layering and image is high tier for a single DD, although, the stage isn't as 3D or large, I believe its the right amount. More importantly, its warm, musical, and fun.

20230328_220458.jpg

Built and tuned by a mastercraftsman Musashi-San.
I look to forward to future projects and I'm in the process of getting LOAK-TO open back for more air, better staging and balance.

634ears is a 👌🏽. If you have the funds, dont miss out on a smaller bontique IEM maker.

Attachments

• 20230328_220509.jpg
    20230328_220509.jpg
    1,005.3 KB · Views: 0
Mar 29, 2023 at 4:01 AM Post #54,021 of 87,548
Cross posting

My LOAK-TC is here.

20230328_215722.jpg

I was greeted with a nicely packed box and a hand written note by Musashi-San, the owner and maker. This adds layer of personableness that makes an customer feel they are getting something special.

20230328_215747.jpg

Initial Impressions OOTB:

634ears has W sound singature with emphasis on the Subbass. Mids are slight forward and elevated so the vocals can be in the front without masking the instrumentals. Treble has details but is roll off and smooth. No sibliance, brightness or fatigue.

20230328_220106.jpg

Tonality is natural & clear. Timbre on point for a single DD but more importantly technicalities are superb. Layering and image is high tier for a single DD, although, the stage isn't as 3D or large, I believe its the right amount. More importantly, its warm, musical, and fun.

20230328_220458.jpg

Built and tuned by a mastercraftsman Musashi-San.
I look to forward to future projects and I'm in the process of getting LOAK-TO open back for more air, better staging and balance.

634ears is a 👌🏽. If you have the funds, dont miss out on a smaller bontique IEM maker.
Any chance you can measure these? I am thinking about buying one. Reading his blog was a blast for IEM geek like myself, but I want to see the graph to at least have an idea before jumping in.

Your description of soundstage is not very reassuring to me though :thinking:

Mar 29, 2023 at 4:09 AM Post #54,022 of 87,548
As others have said, it's extraordinarily awesome for a certain % of my library, and quite terrible for a lot of the rest.
For me that % is pretty high, like at least 80%. While Xe6 could never be considered an all rounder, by this measure it’s close to being an all-rounder for me.
At all: out of curiosity, what music do you like best with the Xe6?
Classic, indie and alternative rock. Hip hop and rap. EDM, electronic, ambient. Generally the darker, alternative-er sides of many genres, which I think suits Xe6 perfectly.

I don’t listen to much if any metal or traditional jazz, so if it doesn’t do those well I wouldn’t know. I don’t do top40-type pop of any type either, J, K or otherwise.

Xe6 is probably not best for lighter folk, acoustic, or classical, but I didn’t hate it either for these. I’d probably switch to my A12t or Andro2020 if I found any issues.

Mar 29, 2023 at 4:35 AM Post #54,025 of 87,548
I could no longer resist, Aune M1P ordered - love the old school MP3 player design/non-touch screen UI, very compact and with 2.5mm, 3.5mm, and 4.4mm.
281F6C41-ADF4-4D79-9019-1B28CBABF4A6.png
Do you know if it has EQ? I like it too, but I really need a good EQ/PEQ for some of my IEMs.

I think it doesn't...

Mar 29, 2023 at 4:36 AM Post #54,026 of 87,548
Any chance you can measure these? I am thinking about buying one. Reading his blog was a blast for IEM geek like myself, but I want to see the graph to at least have an idea before jumping in.

Your description of soundstage is not very reassuring to me though :thinking:
I wouldn't worry about stage. It's not massive, but not intimate either. Very good for single DD!

Mar 29, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #54,028 of 87,548
I could no longer resist, Aune M1P ordered - love the old school MP3 player design/non-touch screen UI, very compact and with 2.5mm, 3.5mm, and 4.4mm.
281F6C41-ADF4-4D79-9019-1B28CBABF4A6.png
Wow look amazing bro.

Mar 29, 2023 at 4:59 AM Post #54,029 of 87,548
Any photos? I am very curious to see how the Soranik prototype looks like... :wink:
Very cool they demo'd it.

Am I allowed to post photos here lol?

Just dropped by to say hello. SteveK sent me this thread's link the other day and well, it was cool reading through people's impressions. The IEMs were very 'primitive' when it were shown as schedule was very tight when we got ready for the CJ. Thanks to everyone's input (including Jude's) we know what and where needs improving. :)

Edit: I forgot to properly introduce myself. The name is Hieu and I am from Soranik, the guy in red shirt if anyone has seen the photos of last week CJ. We brought some demos of the MEMS prototype to the event and it was the coolest CJ I ever attended!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back