The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 19, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #40,291 of 87,482
I added Mentor Multiverse to my collection. They top Traillii for me but Jewel is still holding the first place.
Jewel is great for Vocals and ambient music. Mentor is great for EDM and modern Pop. More in you face with bigger bass. It has the signature close to Phonix but with better lows and highs. IMHO of course.

Nov 19, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #40,292 of 87,482
I added Mentor Multiverse to my collection. They top Traillii for me but Jewel is still holding the first place.
Jewel is great for Vocals and ambient music. Mentor is great for EDM and modern Pop. More in you face with bigger bass. It has the signature close to Phonix but with better lows and highs. IMHO of course.

That's quite the collection you've got going on there :wink:

I agree, I love Mentor for EDM but it works very well for my entire library. For my tastes/preferences, etc, it is the best IEM I have heard yet.

Nov 19, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #40,293 of 87,482

Always nice to meet another fan of the Dorado 2020.

Nov 19, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #40,294 of 87,482
I agree with most of your post. MM is great and very similar to Phonix, but a lot better especially in its imaging. It also has the same weakness in that it does not have DD timbre in the bass. However, its bass quality is great and it works in the context of the entire signature of MM. What MM minimally loses in bass timbre, it gains back in coherence and extension. It is a worthy trade off. Since MM also has great mids, it is fantastic for vocals.

I, too, rank Jewel higher than MM due to its bass timbre and the fact that Jewel is more of my reference, neutral tuning. Mentor is more for bassy music since it is more elevated in the bass. But, for bassy music, I want DD bass. In the case of Phonix, I did not buy it. MM is so good that it overcomes the limitation of no DD bass, but it is noticeable to put it slightly lower in my rankings than it would otherwise be. MM has great tuning, great imaging, great coherence and extension and a top all around set for sure. If I could only have one IEM, I would probably pick Mentor since it does so many things well.

Nov 19, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #40,295 of 87,482
Just received these ... :heart_eyes:

DC Ti.png

Nov 19, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #40,296 of 87,482
Yes, I already understand that you are left alone with what you like the most... At iem's you don't even need to try anymore... music helps me a lot to get through these moments and the fight against Cancer....but everything will work out
Hang in there! Music helped me a lot as well during those treatments 🤜🤛

Nov 19, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #40,297 of 87,482
Half of my Infinity Stone collection. Indigo (space stone), Red Halo FE (reality stone), Jade Mentor (time stone).

Red Halo, Indigo, Mentor.jpg
Pity that Indigo’s stock cable is not a brighter blue 😬

Nov 19, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #40,298 of 87,482
Pity that Indigo’s stock cable is not a brighter blue 😬
The colour looks off in that photo, even the hardware colour is totally off from what it really looks like.

Nov 19, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #40,299 of 87,482
So you would rank your preference, jewel, mentor, bird?

Nov 19, 2022 at 8:57 PM Post #40,300 of 87,482
So I heard the UM MM… spent about a week with it.

Not sure where the hype is coming from. I wasn’t impressed. Maybe it’s my music library but as far as sound goes, for mostly BA, Trailli sounded much more organic and enveloping whilst lacking a BC driver. Furthermore, dynamics, texture and space, despite a piezo BC driver didn’t stand out to me.

Nov 19, 2022 at 9:04 PM Post #40,302 of 87,482
So I heard the UM MM… spent about a week with it.

Not sure where the hype is coming from. I wasn’t impressed. Maybe it’s my music library but as far as sound goes, for mostly BA, Trailli sounded much more organic and enveloping whilst lacking a BC driver. Furthermore, dynamics, texture and space, despite a piezo BC driver didn’t stand out to me.
Which source did you use for your listening session?

Nov 19, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #40,304 of 87,482
I always use multiple. Hugo 2, Fiio M15, SP2000t and Lotoo S2.
Good God, do I love reading your guys' conversations and envying all of your gear, as a humble amateur 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back