The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Aug 31, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #33,857 of 87,557
Aug 31, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #33,858 of 87,557
For those going to CanJam in two weeks-- what are you eyeing up in terms of potential show discounts?
I never buy at a CanJam... contrary to what it may seem like it usually takes months if not years of stewing over possibilities to make a purchase. I Heard the LCD-X at two seperate CanJams spent the next year thinking abvout it then finally bought it. Same with the Raal SR1a... Heard it in 2019 was blown away couldn't get it off my mind and finally bought it in lat 2021. Both of these and the Dan Clark Ether C Flow are my absolute favorites. I could not get past the impression they made and finally bought them. Same with my Schiit Yggy. I have been a little less plodding with my IEM purchases but not much. I have a list I want to hear if I can't get them off my mind I will eventually have to buy them. It's a process but I am never unhappy with what I own in fact I still love them all.

Aug 31, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #33,859 of 87,557
I never buy at a CanJam... contrary to what it may seem like it usually takes months if not years of stewing over possibilities to make a purchase. I Heard the LCD-X at two seperate CanJams spent the next year thinking abvout it then finally bought it. Same with the Raal SR1a... Heard it in 2019 was blown away couldn't get it off my mind and finally bought it in lat 2021. Both of these and the Dan Clark Ether C Flow are my absolute favorites. I could not get past the impression they made and finally bought them. Same with my Schiit Yggy. I have been a little less plodding with my IEM purchases but not much. I have a list I want to hear if I can't get them off my mind I will eventually have to buy them. It's a process but I am never unhappy with what I own in fact I still love them all.
That requires some heavy self-dicipline!

Aug 31, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #33,860 of 87,557
Gentlemen,
The list is growing
I will have 3 pairs available
2 x 4.4mm
1 x 2.5mm
If interested to hear this set -> message !
299734251_5588924937833666_7812461314023371250_n~2.jpg

Aug 31, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #33,861 of 87,557
Is it common for vendors to sell the actual items directly at CanJam? In my limited experience, you can either place an order with them or get a discount code to use online later. The latter is what 64 Audio was doing at CanJam NY, I believe.

Anyone know MusicTeck's policy?

Aug 31, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #33,862 of 87,557
Eros S and Ares S incoming!!
Might sell off my Iliad, since it can't find a home with any iem I've tried for the last year. Probably time to cut the cord. It just isn't coalescing.

Aug 31, 2022 at 6:36 PM Post #33,863 of 87,557
Is it common for vendors to sell the actual items directly at CanJam? In my limited experience, you can either place an order with them or get a discount code to use online later. The latter is what 64 Audio was doing at CanJam NY, I believe.

Most tables will have limited stock available to sell during the actual event. Unfortunately don't know MusicTeck's specific policy.

Aug 31, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #33,864 of 87,557

For Musicteck, you usually need to place an order on their website. For some items, like open box at the show, you can take it home. But that is rare.

Some other vendors have a limited amount of product on site that you can take with you. ZMF, for instance, has the tree of life with actual headphones for sale. Hope they have that again in Socal. It might be more difficult than Chicago was since that is their home venue. I bought a Centrance Ampersand and they had it available in their booth. But they only had one of them.

Most vendors have some type of show discount if only 10%. They do want business.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #33,865 of 87,557
For Musicteck, you usually need to place an order on their website. For some items, like open box at the show, you can take it home. But that is rare.

Some other vendors have a limited amount of product on site that you can take with you. ZMF, for instance, has the tree of life with actual headphones for sale. Hope they have that again in Socal. It might be more difficult than Chicago was since that is their home venue. I bought a Centrance Ampersand and they had it available in their booth. But they only had one of them.

Most vendors have some type of show discount if only 10%. They do want business.
I let Andrew know ahead and he brought a set for me. Could work if you already know what you want.

Aug 31, 2022 at 7:01 PM Post #33,866 of 87,557
I let Andrew know ahead and he brought a set for me. Could work if you already know what you want.
Good idea. I will ask Andrew to bring my LP7.

Aug 31, 2022 at 7:15 PM Post #33,867 of 87,557
Aug 31, 2022 at 7:26 PM Post #33,868 of 87,557
Aug 31, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #33,869 of 87,557
l

Another Kr5 fan…can’t get enough of it right now. Possibly my favourite DD bass presentation I’ve ever heard in an IEM.
+1. The more I listen to the KR5, the more I’m beginning to realize it might well be my favorite IEM at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back