The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Aug 7, 2022 at 3:18 AM Post #31,441 of 84,820
Aug 7, 2022 at 3:21 AM Post #31,442 of 84,820
I

Did a couple trips in the last months and the only source I brought with me was an Apple Dongle. I love that thing and Actually regret not having all my cables 3.5mm so I can easily use it any time.
You need one of these:
31JK2DjpveS._AC_SY780_.jpg

Aug 7, 2022 at 3:32 AM Post #31,443 of 84,820
I believe the disparity of opinions are coming from having different sources, which heavily impacts how one perceives an iem in respect to whether it's properly amped up or not.

I've heard multi-kilobuck iem sound worse than a typical tws earphones without a proper amp, which may drastically devalue how one perceives an iem's full potential. From my experience, today's contemporary iem paired with an adequate source cannot be compared to any older models strictly in technical performance.
No. Kilobuck iem can scale well from cell phone to high end desktop.

More has to do with personal preferences and genres people listen to.

Implementation and engineering and tuning is more important than the age or cost of an iem.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 3:41 AM Post #31,444 of 84,820
T
No. Kilobuck iem can scale well from cell phone to high end desktop.

More has to do with personal preferences and genres people listen to.

Implementation and engineering and tuning is more important than the age or cost of an iem.
The highest rated IEM from this group sounded meh with my music library. 🤷🏽‍♂️

No interest of having one after listening to it.

Aug 7, 2022 at 3:45 AM Post #31,445 of 84,820
What a nice passion, what a nice hobby.
This is what happens to me in only a few times, forget amps, impedance, signatures, cables... just listen, close eyes and let the emotions comes.

Just listen and enjoy.

Happy Sunday

IMG_20220807_092449.jpg

IMG_20220807_094202.jpg

Aug 7, 2022 at 3:49 AM Post #31,446 of 84,820
What a nice passion, what a nice hobby.
This is what happens to me in only a few times, forget amps, impedance, signatures, cables... just listen, close eyes and let the emotions comes.

Just listen and enjoy.

Happy Sunday

Almost 01:00 and you're letting me listen to Annie ... 🤔
But she has a nice voice
Listened to some more tracks

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 4:50 AM Post #31,447 of 84,820
So indigo might excel in hip hop rnb over Traillii and Jewel? 🤔
Personal opinion, I don't think Indigo excels in any area vs Jewel. For me, they do share some similarities but jewel is the more refined / polished version.

Aug 7, 2022 at 4:59 AM Post #31,448 of 84,820
I have music I've been listening to since the late eighties. I've listened primarily at home, in car audio and in the studio. I know exactly how those songs are supposed to sound.
Personally I think - but not even sure - that only the group / singer and the sound engineer know how they wanted to record the 'sound' of the music
But I don't think any of us do or you had to be at that moment in the studio while they where recording
Compare a cassette vs digital streaming
The amp or headphone from back in the days vs our new one / IEM
We might have a slight idea but ... 🤷

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 5:10 AM Post #31,449 of 84,820
I'm planning another high end DAP to complement my M9 - non Android this time. I was considering the LPGT Ti but I'm concerned it might lean too bright and analytical - could be good with Traillii but not sure on Jewel. P6Pro has been the plan for a while, but the lack of gapless playback and a new model on the horizon is holding me back.

Any further info out there on the new L&P? And indeed anyone try LPGT Ti with Traillii and Jewel?

Aug 7, 2022 at 6:39 AM Post #31,450 of 84,820
Personally I think - but not even sure - that only the group / singer and the sound engineer know how they wanted to record the 'sound' of the music
But I don't think any of us do or you had to be at that moment in the studio while they where recording
Compare a cassette vs digital streaming
The amp or headphone from back in the days vs our new one / IEM
We might have a slight idea but ... 🤷
I think what he's alluding to here is how he is used to hearing the song, either from childhood memories or a car rig or 2-channel system. We all grow up hearing songs a certain way on certain systems, and more often than not, even if they were s*****y systems, we still remember them fondly because we connect our feelings at the time to the music. Fast forward a few (or many) years, and we're now 'audiophiles' with fancy gear, and listening to the same tracks doesn't always give us that same 'feeling'. If our old system had chesty bass, that's part of the experience we remember, so hearing the same track on a reference IEM with BA bass might be significantly more technical and resolving, even 'correct', but the feeling's not there. YMMV and all that.
I'm planning another high end DAP to complement my M9 - non Android this time. I was considering the LPGT Ti but I'm concerned it might lean too bright and analytical - could be good with Traillii but not sure on Jewel. P6Pro has been the plan for a while, but the lack of gapless playback and a new model on the horizon is holding me back.

Any further info out there on the new L&P? And indeed anyone try LPGT Ti with Traillii and Jewel?
WM1Z? 🤔

Aug 7, 2022 at 6:46 AM Post #31,451 of 84,820

Don't you have a Lotoo 6K? 🤔

Aug 7, 2022 at 7:04 AM Post #31,453 of 84,820

Somewhere I saw L&P shared some info regarding the new L&P7. I am not sure where i checked it.

Aug 7, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #31,454 of 84,820
My dad used to play BB king and Bobby blu bland on 8 track when i was knee high to a grasshopper as they say.

B.B._King_07_(cropped) (1).jpg61C3roZrLGS._SY355_.jpg

RIP BB.

I always thought in Bobby Bland delivery I heard where Janis Joplin got her inspiration on how to deliver a vocal. He is an amazing singer, recording quality for his tracks can be lacking unfortunately.

I also had 8 track not portable though, one car had it when I was young. The albums we had were The Who’s Next, Styx Grand Illusion, the original Star Wars movie, and Eagles Hotel California. They are the ones I remember anyway.

Aug 7, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #31,455 of 84,820

I heard the LPGT and liked it, has more amplification power than P6K and my belief is better dynamics because of that. I have not heard the Ti version.
Also waiting on LP7 before I consider any DAP changes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back