The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Aug 1, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #30,811 of 87,044
Finally got my Jewel CIEM back from their reshell... 6 weeks :frowning2: I asked Aroma for some custom wood faceplate options and boy did they deliver. They look awesome, and the fit is perfect and comfy. I am stoked.

And the sound, with Orpheus and LP6 Ti AE.... is bonkers good.

20220801_131706-01.jpg
Beautiful! You can call them Starry Night.

Aug 1, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #30,812 of 87,044
Aug 1, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #30,813 of 87,044
I loved listening to Szalayi (and Zen Pro, and EXT and everything else I've come across in the last few months) but whenever I go back to Supermoon I feel less inclined to try anything else.
I know that feeling well 😁
Just chatting with my daughter about our shared love for Belle and Sebastian and this song in particular, absolutely fantastic...

Love 'em!

Aug 1, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #30,814 of 87,044
If I thought an endgame might exist for me, it would be this! With each passing day and further sessions with Jewel, I'm constantly blown away... the clarity, resolution, detail retrieval, imaging, layering, timbre etc all incredible.

A benefit to Traillii is the more relaxed signature - I find I can go longer sessions with the bird. Absolutely complementary sets anyway for my library, and I'm even finding that I love and appreciate Traillii even more now with Jewel in the collection, a real yin and yan partnership.

20220801_222506.jpg

Aug 1, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #30,815 of 87,044
@CL14715's tale of legendary prototypes at Empire Ears HQ fills me with hope.
Just imagine... years of community feedback, all addressed on one IEM. Yes... that means no hot upper mids but lovely, on-point, lower treble with upper treble extension.

Your hope is warranted. There's no way they can just let that thing die in Dean's closet. It was incredible.

Aug 1, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #30,816 of 87,044
Hey, y'all. 'Returning from a short break myself to share the song that's been stuck in my head since it came out last Thursday. It's called Bet from Snarky Puppy's long, long-awaited (for me, at least) record, Empire State. It's got shades of Southern gospel, a little bit of New Orleans, and a taste of Brazil too. And, the video itself is a pure joy to watch, from little moments like the drum trade-offs, to bigger ones like the solos, to just the overall vibe of almost-20 (!) top-tier musicians in a room having fun.

'Hope you guys enjoy the track as much as I do, and I'll be seeing y'all again with some new content soon. Cheers. :wink:

So enjoyable!

Aug 1, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #30,817 of 87,044
Just imagine... years of community feedback, all addressed on one IEM. Yes... that means no hot upper mids but lovely, on-point, lower treble with upper treble extension.

Your hope is warranted. There's no way they can just let that thing die in Dean's closet. It was incredible.
Well if they can pull off Evo or LX bass without hot upper mids/lower treble, I'd probably buy 3 of them :)

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #30,818 of 87,044
Hey, y'all. 'Returning from a short break myself to share the song that's been stuck in my head since it came out last Thursday. It's called Bet from Snarky Puppy's long, long-awaited (for me, at least) record, Empire State. It's got shades of Southern gospel, a little bit of New Orleans, and a taste of Brazil too. And, the video itself is a pure joy to watch, from little moments like the drum trade-offs, to bigger ones like the solos, to just the overall vibe of almost-20 (!) top-tier musicians in a room having fun.

'Hope you guys enjoy the track as much as I do, and I'll be seeing y'all again with some new content soon. Cheers. :wink:

Good to see you back mate...

I can definitely hear the Brazilian swing here. Nice Bohemia suburbs of Rio de Janeiro. makes my nostalgia of back home pop up. :)

Great song for sure.

Aug 1, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #30,819 of 87,044
Is the N8 for Atriums on the same level as C9 in power/performance ratio? I am almost buying a C9 for my Atriums, but if the N8II does the job, I would prefer to keep a single device.

Just saw this post. I actually paired the Atriums with both the N8ii and the N8ii + C9. Other than a little bit of power, the C9 didn't add much. It does much better with harder to drive Planars like HE1000v2.

Given the portability, I would be fine with the N8ii + Atrium without the C9. I do like the C9 for other pairings. Just not this one.

Aug 1, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #30,820 of 87,044
Well if they can pull of Evo or LX bass without hot upper mids/lower treble, I'd probably buy 3 of them :)
I feel pretty confident that is the direction that Empire Ears is going based on hearing prior prototypes and listening to both Dean and Jack talk. It's basically the customer feedback they have been getting. The bass tuning was up in the air. Some wanted more bass level. Others liked less, but most wanted the upper mids dialed back.

Aug 1, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #30,821 of 87,044
Jewel is great for metal and heavier genres. Very clean, super separation, guitars are epic. I spent a good part of today on an Animals As Leaders kick. I'm a big fan of Gojira and Trivium too. Definitely all amazing on the Jewel.
I feel a little uncomfortable because I listen to all this and more on Traillii.

Aug 1, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #30,822 of 87,044
Thank you for the warm welcome back!! ☺️

I owned the Indigo for a hot minute back in January and I loved it. Sold it to help repurchase trailli.

All of the Indigos on headfi are sold. If anyone has one they are wanting to part with let me know. ✌🏼

Aug 1, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #30,824 of 87,044
CanJam London has made me very excited for CanJam So-Cal, which, given that it's August 1 today, is next month. Crossing my fingers that the world, or at least California, doesn't go into a Monkey Pox lockdown between now and then.

Aug 1, 2022 at 8:43 PM Post #30,825 of 87,044

Users who are viewing this thread

Back