The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jul 30, 2022 at 4:13 AM Post #30,587 of 87,098
Not really. In your own rankings, you have 13 IEMs ranked higher in the mids than the Z1R. And, it is tied with 11 others for 14th place which means they are actually tied for 25.. Nobody has ever said, I love the Z1R for its great mids.
I never said they are great, I said they are underrated. I certainly wouldn’t describe them as terrible.

Jul 30, 2022 at 4:22 AM Post #30,588 of 87,098
If you find me, I may or may not have my own elysian X with me...which I suspect you may like...
Yeah, I would love to try that. It’s seems pretty rare to get one of those now.

Jul 30, 2022 at 4:24 AM Post #30,589 of 87,098
The Martini and Conti feel great. I’m really impressed with the Conti, it’s on the Diva demo I have and it is an awesome cable.
$129 cable, that’s awesome to hear.

Btw, is the annihilator’s bass so light that it’s bad for EDM? How is jewel for EDM?

Jul 30, 2022 at 4:27 AM Post #30,590 of 87,098
Yeah, I would love to try that. It’s seems pretty rare to get one of those now.
We talk about the balance of supply vs demand and value retention and I think there are just enough X out there without killing value. You'd find one if you really fell for it 😄🤣😅😂

Jul 30, 2022 at 4:35 AM Post #30,591 of 87,098
I personally think Z1R’s mids are grossly underrated but I suspect that’s related to source matching. @hshock76 and I have been sharing notes on Z1R + 1ZM2 and we both agreed that the 1ZM2 fills out the midrange very well. DMP-Z1 did the same, but I personally prefer the M2 pair up because the mid-treble emphasis has been flattened and pushed more into the upper treble region on M2 compared to DMP.

The 1ZM2 is giving the Z1R a shallow U-shaped signature vs a V-shaped on the 1ZM1. Love the mids now and the beauty lies in the fact that I’m enjoying long listening sessions without fatigue. I honestly can’t find anything lacking with this combination. That Sony signature and synergy is very well represented and presented!!

The DMP still gives a more technical performance but the 1ZM2 competes with a meatier midrange. Both are great!

Jul 30, 2022 at 4:37 AM Post #30,592 of 87,098
I think I mentioned previously an electronic music group I've been a member of for many years. The admin of the group has held polls over the years to the over 5k members to create various lists of the best electronic albums, as chosen/voted for by the members. This latest covers the top 250 best electronic albums of the 20th century, a fantastic list and I'd say I own the vast majority of them. I also agree with a lot of the rankings, many of which are from the 90s, a golden era these genres.

Anyway, might be of interest to some here.

https://www.twgeema.com/best-electronic-music-20th-century

Jul 30, 2022 at 5:42 AM Post #30,593 of 87,098
Not really. In your own rankings, you have 13 IEMs ranked higher in the mids than the Z1R. And, it is tied with 11 others for 14th place which means they are actually tied for 25.. Nobody has ever said, I love the Z1R for its great mids.
I got these IEMs because there was a lot of hype surrounding them.
And in my opinion, this model is very overrated.
Just comfortable IEMs that do not have very noticeable disadvantages.
And a rather mediocre sound.
Solaris SE were noticeably better. Greater dynamic range, more detail, more precise and defined sound.

Jul 30, 2022 at 6:03 AM Post #30,594 of 87,098
Luxury & Precision just unveiled a new product in Nanjing. Looks interesting. :)

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 7:17 AM Post #30,596 of 87,098
Luxury & Precision just unveiled a new product in Nanjing. Looks interesting. :)

Interesting, did not imagine they would go modular. Is this the LP7 or a start of a new product family while still producing the P and LP series? Assume there would eventually be a R2R module. From the UI images looks like they will have a functioning search, appreciate that. Still wonder about gapless playback? And did they come up with a solution for maintaining the original sort order integrity regardless of when the track file was saved to memory?

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 7:21 AM Post #30,597 of 87,098
I personally think Z1R’s mids are grossly underrated but I suspect that’s related to source matching. @hshock76 and I have been sharing notes on Z1R + 1ZM2 and we both agreed that the 1ZM2 fills out the midrange very well. DMP-Z1 did the same, but I personally prefer the M2 pair up because the mid-treble emphasis has been flattened and pushed more into the upper treble region on M2 compared to DMP.
Not sure I'm ready to spend A$5/10k on either of those sources specifically to 'fix' the midrange of the Z1R.

Might as well just get an Xe6 (or 2) instead :ksc75smile:

Jul 30, 2022 at 7:35 AM Post #30,598 of 87,098
Hello from Canjam London.

64 Audio were close to the entrance and I jumped straight in and spent some time checking out a few of the range that sparked my interest - U18s, U12t, Forte and Duo.

Then sought out the Effect Audio stand and met @JordonEA. Great guy! I spent a bit of time there listening to the new Cleopatra 2 4w and 8w cables. I was a fan of both. I also tried out the Chiron 8w. Quite impressive.

I have to come topside to post as Canjam is in a basement venue with no phone signal. Anyway I’m going to dive back in…😃

Jul 30, 2022 at 7:36 AM Post #30,599 of 87,098
Interesting, did not imagine they would go modular. Is this the LP7 or a start of a new product family while still producing the P and LP series? Assume there would eventually be a R2R module. From the UI images looks like they will have a functioning search, appreciate that. Still wonder about gapless playback? And did they come up with a solution for maintaining the original sort order integrity regardless of when the track file was saved to memory?
This is NOT the LP7. Which will be delayed until next year because of supply chain issues, as revealed during the interview of Wan. This seems to be a special project using AKM 4497 (as stated in one of the slides). Limited necessarily by lack of supply. As to your questions, perhaps more will be revealed in due course.

Jul 30, 2022 at 7:37 AM Post #30,600 of 87,098

Users who are viewing this thread

Back