The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 28, 2022 at 3:31 AM Post #25,802 of 84,823
Thanks! I'm using the M11 Plus ESS DAP. I had the M6 Pro 21 which has the same DAC, but different tuning for comparison. I sold that off since I prefer FiiO sound house over the Shanling sound house. I say that without trying the M7, M8 OR M9. The FiiO pairing might be a little odd with the IEM at more than double the price but it still sounded fantastic to me and had plenty of power to drive the Phonix at medium/high gain. It's also more than plenty for the Dorado 2020 which I made wireless with the FIIO UTWS5 wireless adapters.
I think if you did not like the M6 Pro 21 sound, you are not likely to like (to a greater or lesser extent) the M7, M8 or M9. Have not heard any of the FiiO DAPs so cannot compare but I do love their iems, specifically their single DDs. I have also heard (briefly) their FH9s which was really nice. I ended up foregoing the FH9 for the Dorado 2020 so no regrets there! Just from my impression of the FiiO iems, my impression is that the FiiO house sound is more balanced across the frequency range.

May 28, 2022 at 5:40 AM Post #25,803 of 84,823
As most probably know Andy passed away yesterday
Now Depeche Mode always was and still is one if not my most favorite band
Seen them live last time in Antwerp, Belgium
Hell of a concert
So if you got time listen to Home it's on the Ultra album
Have a great weekend my friends ... 🙏
Very sad RIP. Depeche Mode and Petshop Boys are one my favourite bands for electronic and EDM.

You got some nice looking earphones there, happy listening!!!

Last edited:
May 28, 2022 at 8:13 AM Post #25,804 of 84,823
Spending the day in one of my favorite place in Switzerland (Sempachersee)

98A35357-A901-426E-8918-E9DD39C83598.jpeg

May 28, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #25,806 of 84,823
Wow, nice scenary.
Sitting there listening to music would be delightful.
The silence and the view are music to my ears right now, but yes, there are worse places to take your DAP and IEMs with.

May 28, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #25,807 of 84,823
album-1030x1030.png
Listening to the recently released 'Era - The Live Experience', a throwback to one of my favourite electropop artists from the 90s.

This album is better recorded live than most of their studio albums, and while some of the singing is a touch too Eurovision for my liking, the experience is phenomenal.

If you enjoy massive stadium drums (with all the weight and rumble), pitch perfect electric guitars, some classical strings, and perfectly pleasant modern/chant/operatic vocals, give this a go.

Gear wise, read my sig. I strongly recommend real air movement with a deft touch. Try grab the 24/96 version if you can.

Ameno! 😎

May 28, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #25,808 of 84,823
I think if you did not like the M6 Pro 21 sound, you are not likely to like (to a greater or lesser extent) the M7, M8 or M9. Have not heard any of the FiiO DAPs so cannot compare but I do love their iems, specifically their single DDs. I have also heard (briefly) their FH9s which was really nice. I ended up foregoing the FH9 for the Dorado 2020 so no regrets there! Just from my impression of the FiiO iems, my impression is that the FiiO house sound is more balanced across the frequency range.
Good choice! FiiO makes good IEMS and they have good value. I had the FH9s for a while and they were my first foray into a "flagship." I ended up selling them after I heard the Dorados though. The FH9s had a similar sonic profile but the Dorados just cranked it up a few notches across the board and had better treble/bass extension and detail. In my time with both DAPS from FiiO and Shanling, I preferred the FiiO because it gave me a better sense of staging and imaging. But when it came to the midrange, the Shanling takes the cake.

May 28, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #25,812 of 84,823
Listenign to Fibae 7 Utimate with PlusSound Copper+ and RS6, great sinergy and this cable looks made for full BA IEMs.

May 28, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #25,813 of 84,823
May 28, 2022 at 11:44 AM Post #25,815 of 84,823
Can you elaborate on the sound a bit more?🙏😉
I reviewed it around 9 months ago, but basically, I find it one of the most technical strong IEMs around for its price point which is about $1100 USD. It's a neutral with big sub-bass boost that really slams hard and has good dynamics and resolution. My biggest two faults with it are that the ear canal angle is a little off for me, along with the kind of awkward shape. Some people have gotten great amazing fit with these though. My other nitpick is that I wish it had a little more mid-bass as it's a little recessed in that area, as a trade-off for its spectacular sub-bass performance.

It's quite impressive of an IEM for being 4-BA.

edit: link to my review: https://www.audiodiscourse.com/2021/09/symphonium-helios-review.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back