The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen | Optical/Coaxial/USB digital output | Slim design | APT-X | TYPE C |
Dec 14, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #1,096 of 1,222
There will be none - In Chinese Tradition any even numbers consider as Bad / Evil, So there is No X4 or X8 - Just Look at their current product Line up. 

Oh yeah. I forgot about that superstition.

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #1,097 of 1,222
  There will be none - In Chinese Tradition any even numbers consider as Bad / Evil, So there is No X4 or X8 - Just Look at their current product Line up. 

Oh yeah. I forgot about that superstition.

Not all even numbers, the number 8 in particular is a good luck as it is associated with the Dragon. However, 4 is the bad number. It's the equivalent of triple 6 to Chinese. the avoid it like a plague. You won't see 4th floor on a building for instance.

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #1,099 of 1,222
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/BV.aspx?ref=IE8Activity&a=http%3A%2F%2Fmonospace.vn%2Fthreads%2Ffiio-winter-launch-event-co-the-ra-mat-x5-gen-3.1613%2F

or if you speak Vietnamese:

http://monospace.vn/threads/fiio-winter-launch-event-co-the-ra-mat-x5-gen-3.1613/

Dec 17, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #1,103 of 1,222

Probably. The X5III is impressive. Maybe after the tides calm down about the X5 we will see news :)

Doubt That.....as earlier in this thread it get mentioned that this T3 projected at transport for upcoming Q5 Flagship product for pure sound. But seeing the below attached picture I doubt this T3 will ever going to see the daylight.

Pure Sound = Check - What is better than USB + Opt and Coax available with Bonus 2.5 inch balance output.

Huge Storage = Check - 32 + 256 +256 

Touch Screen = Check

To sum it up - all promoted feature of T3 mentioned in this thread now available X5 (iii)....So why start new line up. If user want Transport new X5 can do that for Q5 if not it can be use as standalone dap.....either way it is Win Win offering.

Dec 17, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #1,105 of 1,222

Doubt That.....as earlier in this thread it get mentioned that this T3 projected at transport for upcoming Q5 Flagship product for pure sound. But seeing the below attached picture I doubt this T3 will ever going to see the daylight.

Pure Sound = Check - What is better than USB + Opt and Coax available with Bonus 2.5 inch balance output.

Huge Storage = Check - 32 + 256 +256 

Touch Screen = Check

To sum it up - all promoted feature of T3 mentioned in this thread now available X5 (iii)....So why start new line up. If user want Transport new X5 can do that for Q5 if not it can be use as standalone dap.....either way it is Win Win offering.

The X5III sure is nice, but I want my double full size SD card device.

Dec 17, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #1,106 of 1,222
Full size SD slot?

X5 iii only takes micro SD. The 256GB micro SD cards are still £130 which is extortionate. Meanwhile 256GB SD cards are £60.

Battery life?

X5 iii only plays for 10 hours. After 2 years it will be as much use as a house brick. A $400 house brick.

Browse by 'album artist'?

No mention of that so far for X5 iii.

Price?

If the X5 iii price translates to £400 in the UK, forget it.

So, nothing new to see there. When is T3 coming out?

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #1,108 of 1,222
@Jamesfiio:

Could you please confirm you're still working on this project?

For listening to my music collection I have no need for support of online services or third party apps, just a worthy successor for my X5 (gen1), Wifi maybe to get direct access to the home network/NAS.

All I'm interested in is a digital audio player with the best sound quality and analog output (single ended and well implemented balanced) - even if it was just a transport - that can last for a few years and can be upgraded by stacking an amp/dac combo.

As an owner of FiiO products and knowing the customer oriented way of developing well designed and affordable products I have all confidence in your company to bring a new product of this kind. Hope you're still considering making a solid solution stripped from 'unnecessary' features with minimal bugs for music lovers. Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back