The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen | Optical/Coaxial/USB digital output | Slim design | APT-X | TYPE C |
Oct 28, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #1,066 of 1,222
No no, I know you weren't, but I was trying to avoid the onslaught of others (and myself!) re-hashing the same thing.
wink_face.gif
Apologies if it read the other way around.

Still, it's quiet......... Too quiet!

No problem...just wanted to make sure I wasn't the one hashing.
Hashing...mmm...hash browns...
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Oct 28, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #1,067 of 1,222
Personally, as James has mentioned in this very thread, if it was to be just a transport it would have been easy and quicker and cheaper for FiiO to do. That's why it was so alluring. Cheap and functional as a transport. It's been hashed over so many times in this thread that I don't think it's worth bringing up as a point of contention.

I only hope FiiO hasn't missed an opportunity to capitalize on the buzz around the T3 as a source for other quality DACs, portable or otherwise. I know I'd use it with many devices, including the desktop Chord DAVE because frankly I'm tired of using my laptop as a source as it takes up too much space on my desk (I can't use my workstations for music playback as the CPU is usually pegged to 100%).

As I've said earlier in this thread, one small device with large storage space to use as a source with portable gear and desktop gear without having to manage multiple libraries on multiple devices would be a dream.

There are a few products in the hifi/desktop space which are marketed as transports/sources/steamers. Something like the Auralic Aries Mini or even a Mac Mini, are can be used with a linear power supply to ensure that you have a top grade source. But they are usually pretty expensive which puts people off since its most likely going to be only a source.

But there are almost none of such products in the portable space.

Oct 28, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #1,068 of 1,222
There are a few products in the hifi/desktop space which are marketed as transports/sources/steamers. Something like the Auralic Aries Mini or even a Mac Mini, are can be used with a linear power supply to ensure that you have a top grade source. But they are usually pretty expensive which puts people off since its most likely going to be only a source.

But there are almost none of such products in the portable space.

Bingo!

Good price for a very decent storage capacity transport and the ability to also use it portably is a win. That's the whole point why it's attractive. Of course there are options for expensive desktop sources as you mentioned, and the MicroRendu, etc., I know that, everyone knows that.

I just hope FiiO makes it happen. :wink_face:

Nov 21, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #1,069 of 1,222
Have to assume this thing is dead.

Adding the DAC/headphone amp was not a good sign, but no word in weeks ... entirely un-encouraging.

I'll have built my own before we get firm specs and  a delivery date on this thing ...

Nov 22, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #1,070 of 1,222
  Have to assume this thing is dead.

Adding the DAC/headphone amp was not a good sign, but no word in weeks ... entirely un-encouraging.

I'll have built my own before we get firm specs and  a delivery date on this thing ...

Well, making a new device does take a lot of time and resources. 

What will be interesting to see is how it performs compared to other devices.

Nov 22, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #1,071 of 1,222

Well, making a new device does take a lot of time and resources. 

What will be interesting to see is how it performs compared to other devices.

The BUILD of a new device, sure ...

Status updates ... not so much.

I'm ONE guy ... and I have a working transport prototype ... 

Will be interesting to see if mine is ready before FiiO's ...

Nov 22, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #1,074 of 1,222
Can we have Micro USB port instead of USB C...!!

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #1,076 of 1,222

Can we have Micro USB port instead of USB C...!!

lol, wut? Why?

Coz there are few quality cables are available in market .. USB c to micro USB.. micro to micro is so common and have so many options..
Anyways that's my personal interest.. sorry i can't impose my interest ..lol :D

Dec 2, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #1,080 of 1,222
You know, I'd probably get this over a small audio player if it were to come out (seeing as I'm eyeing the Black Label). 

Just release it as a pure transport (Leave the AMP and Dac functionalities to an external unit.) and price it between 100-200, and we're gold. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back