The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen | Optical/Coaxial/USB digital output | Slim design | APT-X | TYPE C |
Oct 28, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #1,066 of 1,222

HK_sends

Headphoneus Supremus
No no, I know you weren't, but I was trying to avoid the onslaught of others (and myself!) re-hashing the same thing.
wink_face.gif
Apologies if it read the other way around.

Still, it's quiet......... Too quiet!

No problem...just wanted to make sure I wasn't the one hashing.
Hashing...mmm...hash browns...
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Oct 28, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #1,067 of 1,222

lbbef

100+ Head-Fier
Personally, as James has mentioned in this very thread, if it was to be just a transport it would have been easy and quicker and cheaper for FiiO to do. That's why it was so alluring. Cheap and functional as a transport. It's been hashed over so many times in this thread that I don't think it's worth bringing up as a point of contention.

I only hope FiiO hasn't missed an opportunity to capitalize on the buzz around the T3 as a source for other quality DACs, portable or otherwise. I know I'd use it with many devices, including the desktop Chord DAVE because frankly I'm tired of using my laptop as a source as it takes up too much space on my desk (I can't use my workstations for music playback as the CPU is usually pegged to 100%).

As I've said earlier in this thread, one small device with large storage space to use as a source with portable gear and desktop gear without having to manage multiple libraries on multiple devices would be a dream.

There are a few products in the hifi/desktop space which are marketed as transports/sources/steamers. Something like the Auralic Aries Mini or even a Mac Mini, are can be used with a linear power supply to ensure that you have a top grade source. But they are usually pretty expensive which puts people off since its most likely going to be only a source.

But there are almost none of such products in the portable space.

Oct 28, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #1,068 of 1,222

x RELIC x

Headphoneus Supremus
There are a few products in the hifi/desktop space which are marketed as transports/sources/steamers. Something like the Auralic Aries Mini or even a Mac Mini, are can be used with a linear power supply to ensure that you have a top grade source. But they are usually pretty expensive which puts people off since its most likely going to be only a source.

But there are almost none of such products in the portable space.

Bingo!

Good price for a very decent storage capacity transport and the ability to also use it portably is a win. That's the whole point why it's attractive. Of course there are options for expensive desktop sources as you mentioned, and the MicroRendu, etc., I know that, everyone knows that.

I just hope FiiO makes it happen. :wink_face:

Nov 21, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #1,069 of 1,222

Torq

Headphoneus Supremus
Have to assume this thing is dead.

Adding the DAC/headphone amp was not a good sign, but no word in weeks ... entirely un-encouraging.

I'll have built my own before we get firm specs and  a delivery date on this thing ...

Nov 22, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #1,070 of 1,222

Dobrescu George

Reviewer: AudiophileHeaven
  Have to assume this thing is dead.

Adding the DAC/headphone amp was not a good sign, but no word in weeks ... entirely un-encouraging.

I'll have built my own before we get firm specs and  a delivery date on this thing ...

Well, making a new device does take a lot of time and resources. 

What will be interesting to see is how it performs compared to other devices.

Nov 22, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #1,071 of 1,222

Torq

Headphoneus Supremus

Well, making a new device does take a lot of time and resources. 

What will be interesting to see is how it performs compared to other devices.

The BUILD of a new device, sure ...

Status updates ... not so much.

I'm ONE guy ... and I have a working transport prototype ... 

Will be interesting to see if mine is ready before FiiO's ...

Nov 22, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #1,074 of 1,222

music4mhell

Headphoneus Supremus
Can we have Micro USB port instead of USB C...!!

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #1,076 of 1,222

music4mhell

Headphoneus Supremus

Can we have Micro USB port instead of USB C...!!

lol, wut? Why?

Coz there are few quality cables are available in market .. USB c to micro USB.. micro to micro is so common and have so many options..
Anyways that's my personal interest.. sorry i can't impose my interest ..lol :D

Dec 2, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #1,080 of 1,222

Silent Xaxal

100+ Head-Fier
You know, I'd probably get this over a small audio player if it were to come out (seeing as I'm eyeing the Black Label). 

Just release it as a pure transport (Leave the AMP and Dac functionalities to an external unit.) and price it between 100-200, and we're gold. 

Users who are viewing this thread