The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen | Optical/Coaxial/USB digital output | Slim design | APT-X | TYPE C |
Apr 11, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #496 of 1,222
Will there also be WiFi and DLNA support? WiFi in a transport would be essential for the many users who stream their music with apps like Spotify or Tidal. DLNA for streaming from a NAS server. To me these are much more important in a transport than a DAC/amp (I know, you've already decided on the DAC/amp).

I wonder, as I have not seen this mentioned in the summary on the 1st page.
Would be a nice addition

Apr 11, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #498 of 1,222
  BTW, we have make decision about the DAC/AMP section, people can pretend it does not exit. good to everyone now 
L3000.gif

Much as I'm totally against this decision, I admire your ability to resist public opinion and go by your own rules. Marque of a true leader. If Steve Jobs had decided to make what people were accustomed to, we'd still be using Nokias right now.

Apr 11, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #499 of 1,222
@JamesFiiO

I may have missed it but will you include quality digital interconnects or at least will you sell as accessories?

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #500 of 1,222

Much as I'm totally against this decision, I admire your ability to resist public opinion and go by your own rules. Marque of a true leader. If Steve Jobs had decided to make what people were accustomed to, we'd still be using Nokias right now.

Hence the success of Apple (yes I know he almost brought it to it's knees too).
Decisions at times need to be made based on your own beliefs James and the team will do the same too I believe.

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #501 of 1,222

BTW, we have make decision about the DAC/AMP section, people can pretend it does not exit. good to everyone now 
L3000.gif

I still do use a 2G Nokia 6310i, alongside my Samsung GS2 smartphone, and I can tell you that if only I wasn't forced by my main network to use 3G, I'd use the 6310i as my main phone, in a heartbeat. It performs it's primary task SUPERBLY, without any B$ bells&whistles - smartphones are glamourised pieces of junk in comparison to the superb industrial design and functionality of the classic Nokias.  And many of the emergency services, and businessmen in the world know how excellent the old Nokias are, too - which speaks volumes.

Sorry for the OT, but....

Apr 11, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #502 of 1,222
I still do use a 2G Nokia 6310i, alongside my Samsung GS2 smartphone, and I can tell you that if only I wasn't forced by my main network to use 3G, I'd use the 6310i as my main phone, in a heartbeat. It performs it's primary task SUPERBLY, without any B$ bells&whistles - smartphones are glamourised pieces of junk in comparison to the superb industrial design and functionality of the classic Nokias.  And many of the emergency services, and businessmen in the world know how excellent the old Nokias are, too - which speaks volumes.

For the same reason I'd still choose a transport without dac/amp until the world convinces me otherwise. :)

Apr 11, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #503 of 1,222
Will there also be WiFi and DLNA support? WiFi in a transport would be essential for the many users who stream their music with apps like Spotify or Tidal. DLNA for streaming from a NAS server. To me these are much more important in a transport than a DAC/amp (I know, you've already decided on the DAC/amp).

Agreed. DLNA support would be a great feature for us NAS users.

As far as DAC/Amp inclusion goes, I agree with you on that one too but seems the cards are stacked against us
wink.gif
You never know, it could end up being a decent DAP in its own right - a possible replacement for the X1 even. This may even be a way for Fiio to rejig their entire line of DAPs. Start with this new model and add better amps/dac as you go up the product line

Apr 11, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #504 of 1,222
L3000.gif

In the proposed pictures by James the coaxial is shared with the 3.5mm optical connection, which wouldn't necessitate a TRRS jack for the coaxial. This is a very good thing. I hope that FiiO never shares the coaxial with line out again as its a serious pain to find a compatible short 3.5mm TRRS to a standard 3.5mm TS coaxial cable.

Please FiiO, do not share coaxial with line out in this transport (shared with optical is fine).

If no DAC will preset like James said, there will be no line-out in place or did I miss a link between?

I hope they don't use this TRRS jack for coxial too they normally use for newer FiiO DAPs, I only have mono custom coaxial cables to feed mirco iDSD or Chord Mojo.

Btw. Looking really forward I will buy this asap its ready to buy, for this dual full size transport I have waited long time, so great.

Apr 11, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #505 of 1,222

Eyyyy! Dumb-phone bros. I use a Blackberry 10 smartphone now 'cause I end up needing the 4G a lot, but if I didn't need the mobile internet as much, I'd still be on a Nokia or pre-camera era Blackberry! BB10 is the only mobile OS that isn't getting in my way constantly. But I should not digress either.

Bluetooth would be great. And it can work by itself. Would love it for every time I go to a friend's house and there are only Bluetooth speakers. I've been used to carrying a 3.5mm cable with me for a long time for when it was my turn to play...

I don't see the need for wifi because I feel like if you're going to put 1TB of storage in a DAP, streaming probably isn't what you're doing and I would have to think twice if Wifi made the price shoot up
wink.gif

Apr 11, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #506 of 1,222
In the proposed pictures by James the coaxial is shared with the 3.5mm optical connection, which wouldn't necessitate a TRRS jack for the coaxial. This is a very good thing. I hope that FiiO never shares the coaxial with line out again as its a serious pain to find a compatible short 3.5mm TRRS to a standard 3.5mm TS coaxial cable.

Please FiiO, do not share coaxial with line out in this transport (shared with optical is fine).

That was the reason I never bought the X5ii that I otherwise found, and reviewed, very favourable.

Apr 11, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #507 of 1,222
Eyyyy! Dumb-phone bros. I use a Blackberry 10 smartphone now 'cause I end up needing the 4G a lot, but if I didn't need the mobile internet as much, I'd still be on a Nokia or pre-camera era Blackberry! BB10 is the only mobile OS that isn't getting in my way constantly. But I should not digress either.

Bluetooth would be great. And it can work by itself. Would love it for every time I go to a friend's house and there are only Bluetooth speakers. I've been used to carrying a 3.5mm cable with me for a long time for when it was my turn to play...

I don't see the need for wifi because I feel like if you're going to put 1TB of storage in a DAP, streaming probably isn't what you're doing and I would have to think twice if Wifi made the price shoot up :wink:

Tell that to the guys who stream their audio from an app, or use DLNA from a NAS server to an outboard DAC without long cables. Not everyone will need it, but in a transport it's actually very welcome, for many. Then, when not around the NAS server the 1tb storage will be most welcome for a portion of a large library on the go. I don't use USB audio for example, but I wouldn't say it shouldn't be included, that would be very narrow minded.

Apr 11, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #508 of 1,222
That was the reason I never bought the X5ii that I otherwise found, and reviewed, very favourable.

The same reason I never sold the 1st gen X5. :wink_face:

Apr 11, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #509 of 1,222
The same reason I never sold the 1st gen X5. :wink_face:

I still haven't heard portable (ish) audio better than an X5i linked to a Hugo. Ak240 and QP1R nice, Mojo great value, but still prefer the old combination.

Apr 11, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #510 of 1,222
Tell that to the guys who stream their audio from an app, or use DLNA from a NAS server to an outboard DAC without long cables. Not everyone will need it, but in a transport it's actually very welcome, for many. Then, when not around the NAS server the 1tb storage will be most welcome for a portion of a large library on the go. I don't use USB audio for example, but I wouldn't say it shouldn't be included, that would be very narrow minded.

I always forget people use wifi for audio playback! I don't take the wants of streaming people into consideration cause I never do :frowning2: but that does make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back